Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

I love this opening sequence cause it paints the show as being very intense and mind messing:

But I think something more like this would be great:

A combination of the two with a remixed bb aus theme would be perfect imo.

RHAP last 10 mins here was interesting. They talk about the issue of evicting three POC and then go on to summarise the new format and the attempt to be a little bit social and a little bit strategy. One of the hosts ends with the Ron Swanson quote. “Never half a** two things, whole a** one thing”.

I wonder whether the rumoured disappointment with the cast is that they aren’t really being very strategic, refusing or condemning ‘campaigning’. I think they wanted more alliance chat. This is evidenced in Allan reporting that BB brought him into the DR three times on his last day asking why he was so calm even though he was nominated. I think BB was probably trying to push him to be strategic, given that’s one of his personality traits that they promoted.

The RHAP guys mentioned how Aussies have told them how mateship is important in our culture. I think we see that played out on Australian Survivor. The jury generally value / reward slightly different gameplay strategies from their US counterparts.

I do have to say that personally, I have been totally engaged in every episode and even more in the third than the first. It really grew very quickly on me and I’m thankful for having BB on the screen and hope that this format is a winner for seven. With some minor improvements year on year (and a cast more familiar with the format) it hopefully will have a longer life than the last iteration.

Arguably with the format they've gone with an intro telling us who is who is actually quite important.

I reckon some of these cast members could easily fit right in with a CAN or US cast. I could see Laura, Marissa, Angela, Garth, Sophie, Chad, SooBong fitting in with a US cast. I reckon I could see Zoe, Laura, Marissa, Angela, Sophie fitting in with a CAN cast.

I reckon some of these cast members could easily fit right in with a CAN or US cast. I could see Laura, Marissa, Angela, Garth, Sophie, Chad, SooBong fitting in with a US cast. I reckon I could see Zoe, Laura, Marissa, Angela, Sophie fitting in with a CAN cast.

I actually think the cultural difference between us and North Americans is bigger than what some people might assume.

I actually think the cultural difference between us and North Americans is bigger than what some people might assume.

Tim did quite well on BBCAN... The downside to his story was the fact that the house wanted a Canadian winner.

In terms of culture Australians aren’t that different...

Watching these 2 videos just shows how much more energy and excitement the show has when it's presented in a live format:

I hope next year they keep the changes to the format but film it live instead of pre recording.

I also miss the opening theme.

I reckon any of the housemates evicted in week one or/and two will come back into the house as "intruders"...

When you think about it there are only 20 housemates, say five got a evicted in a week and two days with no filming, That means that housemates would only be in the house for a total of 28 days. I thought they were recording for two months? Something doesn’t add up

Old BB didn’t have elections for the first week or two. Giving the chance for housemates to actually get to know each other. I think atm some of the best tactical players will get evicted just on a first judgment basis. I think it would bring fire if they got to come back in the house!!

When you think about it there are only 20 housemates, say five got a evicted in a week and two days with no filming, That means that housemates would only be in the house for a total of 28 days. I thought they were recording for two months? Something doesn’t add up
The show filmed for about 5-6 weeks or so (shortened by corona - apparently). The episodes reveal the elimination cycle seems to have occurred approximately every three days, not every day.

So if three HMs are left for finale, then the math is possible. Especially if rumours that they pushed out a couple extra eliminations in the final week of production prior to the shutdowns are true.

As for the broadcast schedule, we should be seeing the finale in the last week of July.

I'm curious to see how corona affected the show, on one hand it could make for good tv, cause the game was accelerated, emotions heightened, but then on the other hand it could also make it more boring cause relationships and gameplay didn't have time to occur and develop naturally cause of how it was accelerated.

Back