Skip to main content

Doctor Who

What I read on Wikipedia was enough for me. I don't know how rewriting the core concept of what makes the doctor the doctor could be classified as good.

In 1976, a very influential fan declared that The Deadly Assassin ruined the core concepts of Doctor Who.
It's now regarded as a classic episode that established much of what followed.

In 1976, a very influential fan declared that The Deadly Assassin ruined the core concepts of Doctor Who.
It's now regarded as a classic episode that established much of what followed.

Modern day writers probably didn't like it.

I love what they’re doing! They’re not even re-writing it. Basically expanding on the Morbius story and accepting so many things like this as canon. It’s fantastic.

According to sources, current series stars Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole – who play Graham and Ryan, friends to Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor – could be set to depart the BBC sci-fi drama following upcoming festive special Revolution of the Daleks, leaving Whittaker and fellow companion Mandip Gill (who plays Yaz) to continue in the upcoming series 13.

Exactly how their exit story would unfold remains a mystery, but RadioTimes.comunderstands that it may be an open-ended departure, with Cole and Walsh still possibly continuing to make sporadic appearances in Doctor Who despite not being part of the main cast.

According to sources, current series stars Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole – who play Graham and Ryan, friends to Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor – could be set to depart the BBC sci-fi drama following upcoming festive special Revolution of the Daleks, leaving Whittaker and fellow companion Mandip Gill (who plays Yaz) to continue in the upcoming series 13.

Exactly how their exit story would unfold remains a mystery, but RadioTimes.comunderstands that it may be an open-ended departure, with Cole and Walsh still possibly continuing to make sporadic appearances in Doctor Who despite not being part of the main cast.
I wouldn’t mind adventures with just The Doctor and Yaz

what I really really want is more of Ruth Doctor!! Maybe she can help The Doctor escape from the Juddoon prison?

I wouldn't mind if Yaz left too. I don't mind any of them, but they're not very dynamic.
Agreed about the Ruth Doctor, she's great.

I think Yaz has been the weakest of the three both in terms of acting and storyline, but maybe this will give her something meatier.

So I guess I can ask now, if Ruth is (as we now suppose) a pre-First Doctor why does she have a Police Box Tardis, when it didn’t get stuck like that until after the First Doctor took it?

So I guess I can ask now, if Ruth is (as we now suppose) a pre-First Doctor why does she have a Police Box Tardis, when it didn’t get stuck like that until after the First Doctor took it?

I think she's either a pre-Hartnell Doctor (in which case the TARDIS shouldn't look like a police box yet) or she fits in between Troughton and Pertwee, where fans are convinced there is a long gap.

Or maybe this?
89242180_1331053987081656_1891003688734949376_o.jpg

Or maybe this?
89242180_1331053987081656_1891003688734949376_o.jpg
Oooh fascinating!
The fact it’s a police box for Ruth is kind of confusing. Maybe she happened to pick the broken one too? Or maybe there’ll be a story where she needed it to appear as a Police Box, accidentally broke the chameleon circuit, then left it on Gallifrey for Hartnell to stumble across..?

Right at the end, did Rove say the next series is the last series of Whovians? I really can’t make out what he said.

...I just love this so much... I suppose that’s because it involves my most favourite Doctor of all time I imagine lol!... cheers.

...I’m all for this... what do you all think?... keep on doing it or leave the classic episodes as they are in their original state?... cheers.

...I’m all for this... what do you all think?... keep on doing it or leave the classic episodes as they are in their original state?... cheers.

Keep on doing it. DW fans are wonderfully clever and creative, and as long as the original black and white episodes are still available, it's great to have a choice.

Back