Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

My guess is there will be alternate endings recorded or whatever they do on Survivor.
If they do as the article says and have an audience-decided finale, they won't have to as that could actually be live.

They'd have to get the final HMs back into the house and looking like they did six months earlier though for continuity. Unless they do it like Survivor US at the reunion and they all turn up looking like Barbie/Ken.

If they do as the article says and have an audience-decided finale, they won't have to as that could actually be live.

They'd have to get the final HMs back into the house and looking like they did six months earlier though for continuity. Unless they do it like Survivor US at the reunion and they all turn up looking like Barbie/Ken.

I don’t hate the idea of the housemates coming back to the house for a live reunion type show. Or have the reunion live at a studio close to the house whilst the finalist are sent back into the house for the live winners announcement.

Letting viewers vote at the end feels very tokenistic. Oh yeah "you decide"... How do we make that work?

Has anyone thought that it could possibly be based off of the English reality show ‘the circle’ however they might not name it ‘the circle’ as Australian tv has already had a show called ‘the circle’

Has anyone thought that it could possibly be based off of the English reality show ‘the circle’ however they might not name it ‘the circle’ as Australian tv has already had a show called ‘the circle’

They already said gameplay will be based on the North American format. How they go about implementing the format is still up in the air... That said The Circle is not likely to have any impact on Big Brother Australia. If the format is successful in other territories they’re more likely to get their own version.

The Circle's format is owned by All3Media and would probably result in a lawsuit with Endemol for pinching it.

If they record it and it turns out shit there is a chance it could never air at all (or at best be held until the summer non-ratings period).

If they record it and it turns out shit there is a chance it could never air at all (or at best be held until the summer non-ratings period).
True. I wonder if they'll have a finale with an imaginary audience like The Circle US.

I do hope they back out of letting the viewers decide the winner. It would be fine if it was airing live (and saves the cost of a jury house) but pre-recording it they'd either have to do a live show months after the event or more likely given what Aussie shows do nowadays a series of fake winners announcements, which come across as exactly what they are.

One of Seven’s big swings for 2020 is Big Brother, and Ross offers more details for frenzied fans.
“This is a version of Big Brother where the game really has changed. New rules. New housemates. New house,” he declares.
“With the vision that Endemol Shine have presented to us and the really talented people working on the show, we’re very confident with what we’re going to get – a Big Brother for 2020 that will be fun, competitive and thrilling. I’m also pleased to say that Australia will still get to decide who wins Big Brother.
“It’s like the house at the edge of the world.”
“The scale of the Big Brother house that is being built will blow people away. It is a huge, exciting build on North Head in Sydney. It’s like the house at the edge of the world.
“It’ll start filming very shortly and it will be coming pre-Olympics.”
I ask if the network considered The Circleahead of Big Brother?
“Big Brother at the very least represents an established brand. Look at the amount of attention and the reaction to the announcement. That sort of organic buzz and excitement you can’t underestimate,” he explains. “Most of the time you have to pay for that sort of noise.”

So a massive house, “will blow people away”
Filming shortly and shown pre olympics....
and the house in North Head.

Filming shortly and shown pre olympics....
Well that blows away the conclusons drawn from the big grid they had at their Upfronts. I said (hoped) at the time it might be a deliberate furphy showing it as post-Olympics. So, kinda good news.

Well that blows away the conclusons drawn from the big grid they had at their Upfronts. I said (hoped) at the time it might be a deliberate furphy showing it as post-Olympics. So, kinda good news.

hopefully that means they have come to their sense and moves it forward to show live with voting

Back