Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

Finally deciding to actually get in on the discussion after just watching for years... Any chance that this all means a potential Feb-April run and then some other shorter series (All Stars/Celeb) in August? I'm probably holding out too much hope

I am not a fan of the show turning into the US format. I think the best would have been to have merged a mix of both the Australian and US format but to have Big Brother not L-I-V-E and filmed months in advanced is a freaking joke.

What a terrible idea. Big Brother is LIVE! It sounds like it would turn into a scripted series like the US format is with overproduced commercial music inbetween scenes.

I am hoping this isn’t true or Channel 7 sees the backlash and changes their mind with their format.

Big Brother’s got to be Live.

Last edited:
The Brazillian format could be interesting to see. It is pretty much a mix of the US game and the UK/AUS Public

House competes in the HOH

HOH nominates one housemate for eviction, the house nominate one housemate for eviction

They play POV as normal

Then the public vote out one of the two nominees.

I'd love this format as it is pretty much the best of both worlds.

The Are You Ready To Play? thing isn't (IMO) talking about being a HM but as a viewer, so it would have to be live and not pre-recorded. I think that whole concept is just too ridiculous to be correct. Surely?

Splitting this off into its own topic.

Tbh I just want people sitting round a house being people...none of this game play style rubbish if I want that I’ll watch survivor. I thought it might be like the circle in the uk but to me iTs not big brother with all the twists and game play and blatant blindsides
Just my opinion.

Tbh I just want people sitting round a house being people...none of this game play style rubbish if I want that I’ll watch survivor. I thought it might be like the circle in the uk but to me iTs not big brother with all the twists and game play and blatant blindsides
Just my opinion.

Agreed, Big Brother was designed as a social experiment and should stay a social experiment.

I'm so worried but excited at the same time, I like the interactive aspect but how the fuck is that going to work when you're filming three months in advance, unless they're filming it a la choose your own adventure and everything is reconstructed...

Back