Skip to main content

the random 'LIVE' thread...

...I stumbled onto that show by mistake tonight and... that host sounds so much like Paul McDermott from the Doug Anthony All Stars to me lol!... and... I knew both answers to what 100 in Roman Numerals was which is 'M' and also that it was 'Chaos' in Greek Mythology too... either I'm a friggin' genius because they were what I learned at School but always pretended that I wasn't listening to piss off my Teachers and actually was listening or... I have a mind that remembers useless trivia lol!... cheers.

i got the mick jagger question right, and i didnt even know mick jagger had sung the song. i just thought that would be something he would do.

i also got most of what they guy contestant had as questions, because he had plenty of easy ones.

i didnt get th greek mythology thingo though.

...hahaha!... I'm watching the latest 'Back in Time for Dinner' show at the moment and it's the 70's lol!... 1970 to be precise... my mum had one of those bench top can openers and we had Bean Bags too lol!... "the 70's... the decade that taste forgot!" was the rather funny comment from the commentator lol!... yum!... Fried Bread... the worst thing possible for you and we had it all the time as kids lol!... now I have a desire to make some tonight lol!... so that guy and the parents had that meal to impress that 'boss' soooooo... did the kids starve that night?... lol!...

...because of the nice meal hubby gets his 'promotion' and says... "I'll buy you that Diamond Ring now... as long as I pay the 1970's price" lol!... now it's 1971... I think that the oldest son could possibly be gay... not that that matters but in the 70's it wasn't a good time to be at all... just saying... omg!... "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy... it was a great song for women of course but I got to so hate that song because it was well and truly flogged to death at the time...

...I love this family... jeez they found a great family group for the show didn't they?... okay... it's 1972 and mum is finally off to work... and... she's feeling guilty because her two youngest kids are now 'latchkey kids'... and... what was wrong was that?... what could possibly go wrong with that?... lol!... some of my best fun as a 'latchkey' kid were in this time... lol!... (I think that the youngest one was overacting a tad bit for the cameras with the lollies and Cassette tape though)... oh dear... Banana Meat Loaf... URGH!... mum throws them all out of the Kitchen lol!... actually... my dad must have been ahead of his time or something because sometimes he gave mum a break from the Kitchen and cooked for us some nights... he wasn't too bad a cook either... (he said that you had to be cook to survive at times in the Army in WWII lol!... makes sense I guess?... leaning to cook while dodging bullets lol)...

...now its 1975... mum now has a Deep Freezer... "I could put a husband in here!"... lol!... oh gawd... Fish Fingers again lol!... Pizza Hut and Kentucky Fried Chicken stores pop up everywhere... lol!... those chips looked nice from the Deep Fryer... yum!... haha!... foldable 'food trays' so as for everyone to be able to watch TV in the Loungeroom now... we had them too!... lol!... Colour TV!... (I always thought that they came out before that for some reason)... haha!... my brother had a Cassette Player similar to that... he thought that it was the Ants Pants lol!... Countdown!...bloody hell that was a great show...

...now it's 1977... Peter Russell Clarke!... lol!... dad is finally in the Kitchen with his son... (this should be good fun to watch... not exactly 'MasterChef' I imagine)... mum comes home from 'work' and they have it cooked... she says that she loves it... (of course she would so that they'll do it all of the time now)... lol!... now the Disco Roller Rink... I was so useless on Roller Skates but my brother could Roller Skate like John Travolta on 'Saturday Night Fever' lol!... jeez that shit me lol!... I skated like their oldest son was doing...

...it's 1979 now... oh no!... 'Fondues!'... my mum went through the 'fondue' faze... their oldest daughter looked great in that floral dress that she was wearing... and... that was it... well... that was my favourite episode so far because the 70's was my favourite part of my life as I was growing up through my teens surrounded and submersed by all of that music and culture and influences... but I do love being the age that I am now more so than any time between the early to late 70's and now... I love being my age... I love having the knowledge that I have now... but my mind tends to remain young because I still act like I'm back in the 70's nowadays much to my sweet darling wife's annoyance at times lol!... I seriously doubt if I will ever actually 'grow up' because it just wouldn't be me lol!... but this show was sooooo good tonight!... I loved it!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
i got the mick jagger question right, and i didnt even know mick jagger had sung the song. i just thought that would be something he would do.

i also got most of what they guy contestant had as questions, because he had plenty of easy ones.

i didnt get th greek mythology thingo though.

...oh wow reepbot... I thought for sure that you would of all people!... that surprises me... cheers.

why me? i never learnt greek mythology in school.

i'm just waiting for the day they ask a tina arena question on the show...

...to be honest my friend?... I've always thought of you as being the real 'studious' type of person... someone that would have a thirst for all forms of knowledge because I see you as being very intelligent because of the way that you can be so Poetic and Lyrical within some of your posts... the type of person that would (if needed) read up on all forms of Mythology/folklore/ History etc in general just because of a thirst for knowledge... you're the type that if you didn't learn something at School then you would teach yourself until you did know... you'd be great on Trivia nights because of being what I think... so knowledgeable... you have a wonderful imagination that goes off on unexpected tangents at times which shows some of your intelligence to me too and... when someone gives you a compliment about something you tend to go quiet for a while so to me that shows some sense of humility too... which is a good trait to have... anything else that you want to know?... lol!...

...but in saying all of that reepbot... either some of them could be true or all of it is a misconception by myself from your point of view but that's what I think of you at least... if I'm completely wrong about you then so be it... but you did ask me 'why' lol!... and that's my answer... either way... I like you the way that you are so don't change okay?... lol!... cheers.

...to be honest my friend?... I've always thought of you as being the real 'studious' type of person... someone that would have a thirst for all forms of knowledge because I see you as being very intelligent because of the way that you can be so Poetic and Lyrical within some of your posts... the type of person that would (if needed) read up on all forms of Mythology/folklore/ History etc in general just because of a thirst for knowledge... you're the type that if you didn't learn something at School then you would teach yourself until you did know... you'd be great on Trivia nights because of being what I think... so knowledgeable... you have a wonderful imagination that goes off on unexpected tangents at times which shows some of your intelligence to me too and... when someone gives you a compliment about something you tend to go quiet for a while so to me that shows some sense of humility too... which is a good trait to have... anything else that you want to know?... lol!...

...but in saying all of that reepbot... either some of them could be true or all of it is a misconception by myself from your point of view but that's what I think of you at least... if I'm completely wrong about you then so be it... but you did ask me 'why' lol!... and that's my answer... either way... I like you the way that you are so don't change okay?... lol!... cheers.

thank you for your reply.

i guess i'm only studious when it comes to something i really am interested in, and so far greek mythology hasn't really enticed me.

thank you for your reply.

i guess i'm only studious when it comes to something i really am interested in, and so far greek mythology hasn't really enticed me.

...no worries reepbot... and by the way... was I even remotely close to any of my summations of you reepbot?... just curious my friend... (you can answer with 'perhaps' if you wish lol!)... cheers.

most of it, except for the intelligent part.

...haha!... I don't believe it lol!... your actions and replies in all of your other posts over the years have shown me different... there's no fooling your Uncle Sticky reepbot ;):thumbsup::biggrin:... there you go being humble again lol!... cheers.

I see. But you weren’t at all surprised I didn’t know it. O_O

;)

...haha!... for some reason my brain must have told me that you said that you did oddjob lol!... I better go back and re-read your post a bit closer methinks!... lol!... hang on... I'll be back! (in best Arnie impression)...

Well I nearly guessed Question Impossible tonight, but I went for the opposite, cosmos rather than chaos.

...haha!... you didn't either!... ya dumb bastard!... lol!... sorry my friend... my brain must have totally blotted it out that you didn't lol!... you do realise that now I'm actually feeling really clever in actually knowing that it was Chaos lol!... seriously though... it's been a curse because I've been trying to figure out where the hell did I know that from and have no idea... but I think that it could be either I learned it from all those years ago as I said while pretending not to listen just to annoy the shit out of my Teachers or... I may have got it from a movie or something... either way I'll probably never know lol!... and THAT is the curse of Knowledge lol!...

...but in saying all of that Oddjob... I'm really surprised that you too didn't kno.... aw forget it... I missed realising that you didn't get it either... lol!... no use in me trying to worm my way out of it is there?... lol!... but still... where the hell did I know that from?... bloody stupid question!... think Sticky... THINK!... cheers.

...haha!... for some reason my brain must have told me that you said that you did oddjob lol!... I better go back and re-read your post a bit closer methinks!... lol!... hang on... I'll be back! (in best Arnie impression)...

...haha!... you didn't either!... ya dumb bastard!... lol!... sorry my friend... my brain must have totally blotted it out that you didn't lol!... you do realise that now I'm actually feeling really clever in actually knowing that it was Chaos lol!... seriously though... it's been a curse because I've been trying to figure out where the hell did I know that from and have no idea... but I think that it could be either I learned it from all those years ago as I said while pretending not to listen just to annoy the shit out of my Teachers or... I may have got it from a movie or something... either way I'll probably never know lol!... and THAT is the curse of Knowledge lol!...

...but in saying all of that Oddjob... I'm really surprised that you too didn't kno.... aw forget it... I missed realising that you didn't get it either... lol!... no use in me trying to worm my way out of it is there?... lol!... but still... where the hell did I know that from?... bloody stupid question!... think Sticky... THINK!... cheers.

That’s some really great back-pedalling there Mr S.! :D But I don’t think I can really hold it against you that you don’t think I am cleverer than I actually am. :conf:

I did get the Question Impossible tonight though. The Demon Duck of Doom!

Who watches Queer Eye. Shamelessly sentimental, but I love it. Interested about how involved with religion it is, but maybe that’s the USA. Fine to put children in virtual cages as long as you keep people out. So expletive deleted Christian, just like our mate Dutton.

Watching graham norton, Jen Saunders & daughter....wow, she is lovely and fun, Noel Edmonsen being her Dad
How cool to see Mum & daughter

Oooooooo late guest magic Usain (lightening) Bolt
What a great show tonight, had gone off it lately due to boring guests
This one is a beauty

...I just watched that too kxk... as you said... what a great show... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Watching graham norton, Jen Saunders & daughter....wow, she is lovely and fun, Noel Edmonsen being her Dad
How cool to see Mum & daughter
I always had the thought that Jen was married to Ade Edmonsen.
tumblr_lxyiaurFZm1r9isgoo1_500.gif

Loved the Young Ones and 'Comic Strip Presents"

Back