Skip to main content

Masterchef 2018

These are the yabbies we used to catch

dam_stocking_yabbies.jpg

It does indeed Mr S. It was such a kind gesture on your part to take the time to do that.

...haha!... no worries my friend... the only reason that I said anything was that I had forgotten what I actually did with it and clicked onto your Avatar as a reminder after you had posted that original image... that was a fun one to do too lol!... cheers.

Different names Sticky, yabbies are destructors, Marron tenunas.....
And just look at them,,,,,,yabbies, dirty brown; marron are dark blue and prettier

Did you go yabbying as a kid?
Spent most of my childhood yabbying in golf links

...actually I went Yabbying about 20 years ago because we were staying overnight where someone had a dam on their property... my friend got a sheep's heart and put it dangling in a Yabby cage and threw it into the dam for about an hour... we dined like kings that night... and... they were so yummy!... cheers.

...actually I went Yabbying about 20 years ago because we were staying overnight where someone had a dam on their property... my friend got a sheep's heart and put it dangling in a Yabby cage and threw it into the dam for about an hour... we dined like kings that night... and... they were so yummy!... cheers.
Same. My father had a property in the country with a dam and I constructed my own yabby trap.
Meshed wire fashioned into a makeshift net, leave some bits of meat in it and submerge it overnight.
Next day. Yabby delight.

More yabbie stories.....my evil big bros had some Dad made him get rid of, we watched him bury them alive....he is a prick yes
He told us little kids, they would dig through to under our beds
I had to check under my bed for about another decade.....or more

So they guy you don't like is a gentleman???

Hey everyone. Join us for Love Island tonight at 10.40pm in the Love Island thread.

...well... I did commit to watching at least 2 more shows to see if it improves... I'm losing brain cells as I'm watching it but I will sacrifice some more to keep my promise Affable... it is probably one of the worst shows that I have ever watched but if you like staring at trainwrecks then... but anyway... I'll be there for at least 2 nights my friend... see you there... lol!... cheers.

...well... I did commit to watching at least 2 more shows to see if it improves... I'm losing brain cells as I'm watching it but I will sacrifice some more to keep my promise Affable... it is probably one of the worst shows that I have ever watched but if you like staring at trainwrecks then... but anyway... I'll be there for at least 2 nights my friend... see you there... lol!... cheers.

You haven’t quite sold me on this one Sticky.

LOL
Sticky....we kids, hunting them was the fun, ick never ate the dirty bastards

...well... my mate did have less refined food tastes than I have... he ate wild Rabbits and Kangaroos that he shot so.... but anyway... it was quite the culinary experience at the time... I had never tasted Yabbies before and I figured that it was better than eating something that he had shot lol!... hence my "they were yummy!" statement lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back