Skip to main content

EUROVISION 2018 - JESS MAUBOY :)

See you Sunday.....ooo this Norway musical looks awesome
Going to get refreshed then watch the big 5 clips on sbs, cheers all

I was just about to sask what the hell is this Stories from Norway.

Well I can’t make any promises on 5am, but enjoy it if you can. :)

...I loved Jess from tonight with her great performance... and I loved that operatic song by Elina Yechayeva from Estonia the other night the most too... you know... this one below...

View attachment 53824 ...

View attachment 53825

...I'm hoping that Jess wins it but I think that Elina will somehow... either way it will be worth getting up a 5:00 AM on Sunday to find out Live won't it?... see you then... thanks for a great night folks!... cheers.

...I loved Jess from tonight with her great performance... and I loved that operatic song by Elina Yechayeva from Estonia the other night the most too... you know... this one below...

View attachment 53825

...I'm hoping that Jess wins it but I think that Elina will somehow... either way it will be worth getting up a 5:00 AM on Sunday to find out Live won't it?... see you then... thanks for a great night folks!... cheers.

I think the Cyprus or Israel contestant will win. I am hoping for the Czech Republic, Sweden or Ukraine but I doubt it.

I think the Cyprus or Israel contestant will win. I am hoping for the Czech Republic, Sweden or Ukraine but I doubt it.

...I really liked that Israelie girl... she had such a vibe about her didn't she?... I wasn't that keen on Cyprus but we'll soon find out Sunday morning won't we?... lol!... cheers.

View attachment 53825

Not a hope in hell of winning, that sort doesn't win. not in decades.
And speccie as she was....it is not original, there have been too many of these projector frocks/robes/volcanoes...old hat

And plenty have done her kind of thing before and better

I would bet her odds are crap, ans lots would be more favoured, Vikings, Israel,Sweden, Ukraine

I have loved Jess forever, have you seen The Saphires? love that little movie. The girl has an amazing voice, and such a joyous vibe
and she is still in her twenties

From the first semi I underrated Albania, poetic love lyrics and big vocal. Definitely a deserved qualifier. The Armenian one was pleasant too, passionate like the Albanian one but the lyrics not as good. The Georgian one had the warm feel of a Christmas song, simple but effective lyrics. The Lithuanian one I still like, though it's a bit cutesy sounding but much more to it than the overrated Irish one. I've already gone off the Finnish and Cyprus ones to some extent. Azerbaijan had a grossly underrated opener, very lively pop, smooth camerawork and fun lyrics. Lively pop like the Australian one. So now only a couple I like qualified from that semi.

The second semi was better than the first for me, I still like 7 so far (4 qualified). The Slovenian one had much better funk energy than the Swedish one, but no doubt because they don't have a reputation/hype it will finish below it anyway.

You see some using technology to increase their chances, particularly the richer broadcasters. The Swedish entry brought over the same light machine they used in their national final. Norway used some animated projection. I don't find either song that distinctive so maybe they need the effects to make an impression. The Danish one I found a bit middle of the road too, no Viking bite there.

Jessica Mauboy - We Got Love. I liked this coming in and still like it. The performance has been criticised as a bit messy, she seemed nervous at the start. I don't think most think it's a contender to win, but I'd be happy for it to challenge at the top.

Christabelle - Taboo - Malta. Anthemic one, the attitude really sold this. The performance has been praised.

DoReDoS - My Lucky Day - Moldova Interesting mix of a jazzy sound and ethnic. One of the most striking stagings, unlike all the others. You don't need expensive effects, and of course smaller places like this can't afford that anyway.

Jessika feat. Jenifer Brening - Who We Are I liked the robots (they used their lower budget well), good performance I thought. The lyrics had a defiantly individual rebellious slant, like the Slovenian one.

AWS - Viszlát Nyár - Hungary Great performance, it's nice to see all this variety in the second semi final. Some people always dismissed this purely on the style, but I'm glad enough bothered to listen to enable it to qualify.

Last edited:
This is great, well worth watching.....
Count down the Top 40 Controversies of Eurovision
https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/eur...11/count-down-top-40-controversies-eurovision

And this.....

Eurovision Top 40 Songs

SBS, website

It's the world's ultimate, crazy song competition and Australia has been watching for over 30 years. There are so many highlights in the contest's history, now it's time to decide the top 40 favourite songs. SBS Eurovision hosts Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey present the Top 40 songs from Eurovision's 60-year history with the countdown entirely voted by those who know best, Australia's Eurovision fans. A host of Australian musicians, comedians, celebrities and Eurovision fanatics discuss some of their hilarious insights about featured moments, including Richard Wilkins, Adam Liaw, Lucy Durack, Johnny Ruffo, Casey Bennetto, Michalas Banas, and featuring special instudio performances by Dami Im, Paul Capsis and Bjorn Again.

I have nice breakfast supplies now @Mr Stickyfingers , and anyone else considering 5am Sunday viewing.
I plan on getting here at 5, however I am a bit sick.....so who knows I could be throwing up.......but I think I am getting a bit better.....and i got lots of meds as well as brekkie stuff, can't wait, watching all the sbs Euro stuff, check the website so many goodies
Highly recommend Adam Liaw's show, he even sings Volare, he is so lovely

Oh boy....Conchita Wurst, who knew, her name means Vagina/Penis in other languages

OOOO @Mr Stickyfingers .......you HAVE to watch at least the end of CONTROVERIES.......they have Casey Donovan singing live. Sounds amazing and looks all glam......ooo possibly future Eurovision performer:)

So, the show is fantastic, a history of this awesome extravaganza....lots of juicy stories
Same with top 40 Songs, gives you a great perspective on this thing

Not a hope in hell of winning, that sort doesn't win. not in decades.
And speccie as she was....it is not original, there have been too many of these projector frocks/robes/volcanoes...old hat

And plenty have done her kind of thing before and better

I would bet her odds are crap, ans lots would be more favoured, Vikings, Israel,Sweden, Ukraine

I have loved Jess forever, have you seen The Saphires? love that little movie. The girl has an amazing voice, and such a joyous vibe
and she is still in her twenties

Estonia is 7th favourite to win with Cyprus being the huge favourite to take the win with Israel a close second. Suprsingly Ukraine is 21st in the odds, I expect him to come top 5 in the final.

Reactions: kxk
This is great, well worth watching.....
Count down the Top 40 Controversies of Eurovision
https://www.sbs.com.au/programs/eur...11/count-down-top-40-controversies-eurovision

And this.....

Eurovision Top 40 Songs

SBS, website

It's the world's ultimate, crazy song competition and Australia has been watching for over 30 years. There are so many highlights in the contest's history, now it's time to decide the top 40 favourite songs. SBS Eurovision hosts Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey present the Top 40 songs from Eurovision's 60-year history with the countdown entirely voted by those who know best, Australia's Eurovision fans. A host of Australian musicians, comedians, celebrities and Eurovision fanatics discuss some of their hilarious insights about featured moments, including Richard Wilkins, Adam Liaw, Lucy Durack, Johnny Ruffo, Casey Bennetto, Michalas Banas, and featuring special instudio performances by Dami Im, Paul Capsis and Bjorn Again.

I have nice breakfast supplies now @Mr Stickyfingers , and anyone else considering 5am Sunday viewing.
I plan on getting here at 5, however I am a bit sick.....so who knows I could be throwing up.......but I think I am getting a bit better.....and i got lots of meds as well as brekkie stuff, can't wait, watching all the sbs Euro stuff, check the website so many goodies
Highly recommend Adam Liaw's show, he even sings Volare, he is so lovely

Oh boy....Conchita Wurst, who knew, her name means Vagina/Penis in other languages

There is also a Eurovision preview show on at 5:30 pm on Sunday on SBS before the 7:30 pm replay.

...and... it's on!... go Jess... or my favourite entry before Jess sang... Elina Yechayeva from Estonia... if either win I will be happy... cheers.

...I always like groups with more than one or two drummers in them... a few together in complete synchronisation are awesome... cheers.

...just a question from a Eurovision rookie here kxk... do they have to sing a different song at each stage or just sing their origianal song over again?... cheers.

Back