Skip to main content

US 2016 Presidential Election

i wouldn't exactly call a rich white woman riding on the coat tails of her husband's Presidency "inspirational" but that's just me.
Especially a rich, white woman who could never articulate a reason why she should be president. She stood for nothing. She hid behind everything her focus groups told her would appeal to the ignorant proletariat. Add to this the fact that she came across disingenuous; she was not relatable.

Especially a rich, white woman who could never articulate a reason why she should be president. She stood for nothing. She hid behind everything her focus groups told her would appeal to the ignorant proletariat. Add to this the fact that she came across disingenuous; she was not relatable.
I do struggle to see how Trump was more relatable than Clinton.

I don’t think he was. Hence losing the popular vote. It‘s not as though he wasnt a priveledged white person riding on coattails who couldnt articulate anything

Too true. She really was an awful candidate. Truly horrible.

At the risk of re-entering this thread, he clearly swayed the voters in key states with his rhetoric/lies that he would "drain the swamp" and be a friend to hard working people, as opposed to "crooked Hillary" who supposedly worked for the elite. They lapped it up, hook, line and sinker. Hillary's campaign failed because they didn't play smart in those states. It was a massive failure by HIllary's campaign. I can't believe you/we are still debating this. If the Democrats don't learn from it they never deserve to get the WH again.

Trump was able to sell himself as the poor man’s billionaire. For those with more sense than to want to vote for someone they could drink a beer with, he offered the right things such as judicial conservatism. Then there is the sector of the electorate that wants to drain the swamp. Trump, I think, was able to come across as multidimensional (he’s great at marketing and branding) whereas Clinton was a one trick pony. Folks had been to her rodeo and they did not want to go back. Who else could beat her after that disastrous audio that was released mere weeks from the election? I was one of many who said he was done. Dragging the Bill Clinton accusers to the debate was a cheap ploy, however, it showed he was a brawler. Hilary is who she is and failed to garner support in the few areas where it matter. As imperfect as B Clinton is, he is a better politician than she is. She should have listened to him more instead of the millennial focus groups.

Racism and sexism got Trump elected, fuckwits came out in droves

Should have been obvious reaction to Obama and sanity, America is racist and sexist.......

475DA78700000578-5184397-The_brutal_testimony_went_viral_after_Democratic_Sen_Sheldon_Whi-a-12_1513388371724.jpg

Racism and sexism got Trump elected, fuckwits came out in droves

Should have been obvious reaction to Obama and sanity, America is racist and sexist.......

475DA78700000578-5184397-The_brutal_testimony_went_viral_after_Democratic_Sen_Sheldon_Whi-a-12_1513388371724.jpg
I don't know that racists and chauvinists (maybe Clinton was not the right woman?) alone could have gotten him elected. Trump was able to garner support in key states where Clinton did not stage a proper defense. Perhaps if she had not acted as if she were owed the presidency and worked her ass off, she may have pulled it off. Trump, like him or not, was relentless; during those last few days he was everywhere. Where was Clinton? Taking a nap. It's her fault she lost. She failed to do what she needed to do to get her supporters to vote for her. She had every advantage (the media cheerleading for her) and yet she could not get it done. This time the turtle did not win the race.

In re the judicial nominee: yikes. He should have known all of those things; I'm sure he has an impressive resume, but he's unqualified to be a judge.

Trump played the current social media game and America got what the lowest common denominator wanted. Likes. Hilary thought she was running for President, not the latest "trending"

I don't know that racists and chauvinists (maybe Clinton was not the right woman?) alone could have gotten him elected. Trump was able to garner support in key states where Clinton did not stage a proper defense. Perhaps if she had not acted as if she were owed the presidency and worked her ass off, she may have pulled it off. Trump, like him or not, was relentless; during those last few days he was everywhere. Where was Clinton? Taking a nap. It's her fault she lost. She failed to do what she needed to do to get her supporters to vote for her. She had every advantage (the media cheerleading for her) and yet she could not get it done. This time the turtle did not win the race.

In re the judicial nominee: yikes. He should have known all of those things; I'm sure he has an impressive resume, but he's unqualified to be a judge.

She had eight years to prepare to win the Presidency yet she failed to do two main things:

1) Articulate a reason of why she wants to be President that has nothing to with her gender.

2) Figure out how an American election works. Hint: you need more than a popular vote.

I agree that bigots alone did not get Trump elected.

As you can see in this link: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...s-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/ , Trump won massive support among white non-college degree voters. A large part of his campaign was to bring jobs back to America. And that group heard him and they believed in what he was saying.

Who knows if they still believe him now. Guess we will find out in 2020. Or maybe sooner.

She had eight years to prepare to win the Presidency yet she failed to do two main things:

1) Articulate a reason of why she wants to be President that has nothing to with her gender.

2) Figure out how an American election works. Hint: you need more than a popular vote.

My impression of Clinton's desire to be - the first woman- president was because it would be a "good" thing to have on her resume and not because she really had any desire to lead the country or effectuate change. Who has not ever applied for a job because it sounded like a great opportunity even though they were not qualified (see the attorney referenced above)? That was Clinton. Wanting to be president because it was "written in the stars" or because it was "her turn" doesn't cut it. I, for one, am glad she lost. She did not deserve the honor of being the first woman president, yet alone president. Trump is by no means perfect, there is a lot that is reprehensible about him (i.e., his vacillation with the white supremacist people and his flirtation with xenophobia, etc.). I hope that his presidency will serve as wake-up call to both political parties to nominate better people. For the Bible-thumping conservatives, I hope they are enjoying the taste of crow because they could have had a president Romney four years ago and thus avoided the situation that we have now.

4a0bddcd2fa10180ca204d79a4f1227a.jpg

Oh for an old fashioned hard bastard to put Trump in his toddler place......Trump as an ex aid says, believes he and his creepy kids are a superior race, honestly they BELIEVE this, just like all dictators...

Trump & Kim NK are so similar they should love each other if they ever meet, fat fools, with freaky hair, who think they are demi gods, Kim kills his annoyances, Trump has to settle for YOUR FIRED.....and he sure envies Kim
2Fools

Tammy Duckworth‏Verified account@SenDuckworth
Tammy Duckworth Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger.

Tammy Duckworth added,

1. Peter Truong‏@peter_truong88 Jan 21
    “Cowardice” is a perfect word to describe the trump family.

71 replies400 retweets4,247 likes

2. Suzanne Trimel ‏@STrimel Jan 21
    Not one Trump male over 100+ years has ever served in the military. Not one- during WW1 or WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan.

ZTicv2pl
Historian finds German decree banishing Trump's grandfather
Royal decree ordered Friedrich Trump to leave Bavaria and never come back after he failed to do military service

At 3:45/2:45CT, I’m going to the Senate floor to ask the GOP to guarantee that our servicemembers get paid and military families are taken care of regardless of how long this shutdown goes on. I’m still hoping they don’t say “no” again, but let’s see.

So disappointed that Senate Republicans just objected to me asking to pay our military and guarantee death benefits for military families. This should be something we can all agree on. Will be on @CNN to discuss why in a minute. Hope you'll tune in.

Back