Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 9 Discussion

I feel Yoga Pants is being set up for a spectacular fall.

I feel that it is AK being set up for the fail. Only because they keep rattling on about how smart AK (even though I think Tessa is smarter than him) is and how he is such a master manipulator. When all he is doing is just making the obvious moves, and the others in his alliance are happy to let him take the flack.

We need to get behind Luke, he is us.

“I am a reality television binge watcher, I watch everything. I get into the shows with the missus like Real Housewives and The Bachelor Australia. I make up for it by watching Australian Survivor. Last year’s series was too tame though, we need more players this year,” he said.

Yeah, he has no chance. What were those three times he was outplayed by Tessa?
Each time she survived the vote while being clearly on the bottom rung. She's nowhere near the bottom now, while AK is walking around with a large target on his back. His shaky alliance will turn on him because eventually they will want to be seen as the "players", not him. Especially once jury votes become a factor.

Each time she survived the vote while being clearly on the bottom rung. She's nowhere near the bottom now, while AK is walking around with a large target on his back. His shaky alliance will turn on him because eventually they will want to be seen as the "players", not him. Especially once jury votes become a factor.

That makes sense. It's kind of sad that AK has no chance of winning and that one of the boring floaters are going to take out the game.

We need to get behind Luke, he is us.

“I am a reality television binge watcher, I watch everything. I get into the shows with the missus like Real Housewives and The Bachelor Australia. I make up for it by watching Australian Survivor. Last year’s series was too tame though, we need more players this year,” he said.

Luke is very likeable, he won me over with his cuddling tiny Jerico....
He's cruising in a reasonably good position

Yes, the new breed of reality show contestants almost always seem very cocky and full of themselves.
With many of them, could it be a generational thing? Also, there are so many reality shows around that they have been raised on them and they think they know everything about the genre. How to play them, how to play the viewers etc etc.

Could AK try and force an idol play out of him by making Henry think that he is in danger? Though I feel Sumatau won't be losing challenges for a while.

They may think he has an idol as he voluntarily switched tribes, though still an idol can only save him once. There's an option of blindsiding, which AK may want. But making him play it would make sense if they want to keep him longer, the danger is that that might make him even more active to feed off any malcontents. Though getting the numbers against AK might not be easy. Ben is a floater, Locky is ready to go after AK, Peter made one move so he might again. If all that came together it would still leave it down to Ziggy, who I feel I don't know at all.

The two tribes seems to be voting differently. Sumatau are getting rid of the more weaker players, with AK recognizing the need to keep someone like Locky around for the challenges. Whilst Asaga are targeting anyone at the head of their tribe. Any power couples.

Henry is going to dominate the individual immunity challenges. He basically was the catalyst for Asaga winning on Sunday. And if he hadn't decided to lose on purpose a few episodes ago Sumatau would probably be down to nothing.

Jacqui seemed to be seen as being in a strong position even though Henry had switched to the other tribe. Though Michelle seemed to be playing personally as much as anything as she didn't get along with her.

You could look at Asaga as all being couples now. The trio was reduced with Jacqui going, which left Kent with Odette (the older ones). Then you have arguably the power couple now according to the editing Jericho and Luke (though for some reason power couples are normally thought of as male/female). Obviously Anneliesse and Tara are together there, they occupied a middle group but could still move to the bottom. Then there's Michelle and Sarah who have been floating along through most of the season.

When the individual immunity comes up some like Henry or Luke might seem favourites but someone else could emerge or someone might not do as well as expected. It tends to be always something involving balancing and strength, I always wish there would be more variety in the challenges.

It may not have mattered in some ways how the latest twist was done, Tara and Anneliesse may have been voted by the others to switch tribes anyway.

They may think he has an idol as he voluntarily switched tribes, though still an idol can only save him once. There's an option of blindsiding, which AK may want. But making him play it would make sense if they want to keep him longer, the danger is that that might make him even more active to feed off any malcontents. Though getting the numbers against AK might not be easy. Ben is a floater, Locky is ready to go after AK, Peter made one move so he might again. If all that came together it would still leave it down to Ziggy, who I feel I don't know at all.

Jacqui seemed to be seen as being in a strong position even though Henry had switched to the other tribe. Though Michelle seemed to be playing personally as much as anything as she didn't get along with her.

You could look at Asaga as all being couples now. The trio was reduced with Jacqui going, which left Kent with Odette (the older ones). Then you have arguably the power couple now according to the editing Jericho and Luke (though for some reason power couples are normally thought of as male/female). Obviously Anneliesse and Tara are together there, they occupied a middle group but could still move to the bottom. Then there's Michelle and Sarah who have been floating along through most of the season.

When the individual immunity comes up some like Henry or Luke might seem favourites but someone else could emerge or someone might not do as well as expected. It tends to be always something involving balancing and strength, I always wish there would be more variety in the challenges.

It may not have mattered in some ways how the latest twist was done, Tara and Anneliesse may have been voted by the others to switch tribes anyway.

I think Ziggy might feel that she could more easily manipulate someone like AK then an unknown confident guy like Henry?

Tessa, Luke and Jericho are the three I'm really supporting. Hopefully they can find a way to work together post-merge, and if they can bring in Jarrad they could be on a winning streak.

Those are my favorite three as well, but I do love AK too. Love that smile he has when he is thinking, plotting, planning or whatever he is doing, will be very upset if Henry and Locky manage to get him out.

Sorting out my tips...
Can't see blue winning anything, they are weak as now...but last time I guessed like that I had a total loss
Henry has to make sure they keep winning or he is fucked

And blue.........agh, if things stay the same, see ya Odette & Kent, but sleazy Tara is likely to flip again and make a new alliance with the old fart, she is going to be scrambling like an egg.

I listened to like four hours podcasts of Australian survivor. And on one of the podcasts they had Matt from last year on and he made the point that last year they did do a lot of strategic talk but when the editors edited the season they put the focus on mateship. Whilst this season is different with all the heavy strategy talk.

Back