Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I read about your neck pain from the ceiling paint job and had and felt the same same. Working on the Hall now, got about 1/8th done (it is a long Hallway) - almost finished bedroom 1 - it had nioce dark blue paint all over, 3 coats of good paint managed to cover the job - 2 more Bedrooms to sort ..........
We'll both get there eventually. It'll be worth the pain.

Good Moanin Faux t thread!

My internet is back, and all is good in the world considering I have a red wine hangover :( Had a gf over last night to watch got, and it resulted in too much wine and food and very little recollection of what the actual show was about, I have a vague memory of Jon patting a dragon...

Yep. We are just ordinary folk. My sister treats me differently now that I'm ordained - for the first hour we're together and then she forgets for which I am very grateful. (We are lucky to see each other once a year)
It must be hard. While you are a woman of the cloth, you are still Kay the girl.

I can however identify with your sisters odd behaviour, I have become fast friends with a CN at work, and when she Team Leads I speak to her with my professional telephone voice and when she is in a fellow Ward nursing role she gets my unprofessional inappropriate voice!

I have a professional telephone voice too. Used to work a switchboard so it's quite appropriate. Luckily I don't have a professional priest voice like some of my colleagues do. When they are leading a service they sound like right twats.

I have a professional telephone voice too. Used to work a switchboard so it's quite appropriate. Luckily I don't have a professional priest voice like some of my colleagues do. When they are leading a service they sound like right twats.
LOL

I worked in call centres for years but always kept it friendly and relaxed. Maybe a bit too much so. Being an international operator at Telecom NZ was great fun back in the day.

Ahh call centre days! I had one customer tell me to take the plum out of my mouth, so I guess I had a too professional phone voice! But I was actually known for yelling at customers, due to an unfortunate two week period where I kept getting deaf old ladies telling me to "speak up dear I can't hear you!" I have quite a young sounding voice so I do try to have a professional ph voice at times to sound older! I am in my 40's now I should just get over it lol

At my last call centre job, I found out that Extension 3837 went to the music on hold... for ever. I was tempted many times to transfer difficult customers to that number, but I never did.

At my last call centre job, I found out that Extension 3837 went to the music on hold... for ever. I was tempted many times to transfer difficult customers to that number, but I never did.

I'm sure I've been put through to that extension once or twice. Don't ever try to ring Centrelink! It really is easier to go there and wait in line, than it is to deal with them over the phone. My phone went flat once while on hold - not a mobile, but the receiver of a landline phone.

Looks like I am part of the "Clique" now. :hilarious:
For the record the "clique" were just a group of people who liked each other and enjoyed posting together, just like we see in many many other threads in this forum. For some reason approximately 5 members of this huge forum community decided that it was not okay for this ever expanding group to post together, and cliqueagate was born.

I consider you a forum friend. I have always had a soft spot for you. I admired the strength you showed when you were being attacked by a huge group of posters for just being you, and I also admired the way you turned those opinions around. You are a good egg.

So what has brought this on?

You have a professional telephone voice? Not sure I believe you. :D
You should feel honoured! I only share my telephone voice with people I am trying to impress!

Next time we chat, I promise I will give you a bit of my telephone voice. Xo

Ahh call centre days! I had one customer tell me to take the plum out of my mouth, so I guess I had a too professional phone voice! But I was actually known for yelling at customers, due to an unfortunate two week period where I kept getting deaf old ladies telling me to "speak up dear I can't hear you!" I have quite a young sounding voice so I do try to have a professional ph voice at times to sound older! I am in my 40's now I should just get over it lol
Oh my days!

I seriously thought you were like 25! It always amazed me how someone so young had such insight, now it all makes sense!

How old are you?

I'm sure I've been put through to that extension once or twice. Don't ever try to ring Centrelink! It really is easier to go there and wait in line, than it is to deal with them over the phone. My phone went flat once while on hold - not a mobile, but the receiver of a landline phone.
When I was on the sole parent pension, my only goal was to get off it so I never had to deal with Centerlink again! When Mum died I had to contact them to cancel her pension, 5 hours later, and I am retellung the story to yet another person who can't help me, and still being transferred to another area. By the end I felt like screaming. Medicare was just as bad. And what moron decided to merge the 2? Medicare was bad enough, but now it has merged with Centrelink it is horrendous.

When my partner lost his job earlier this year we decided to wait as long as we financially could before signing up. Thankfully he found employment and we dodged the Centrelink bucket.

Good Moanin Faux OT!

I have been picking up too many extra shifts, the tax man loves me at the moment. Thankfully I have 2 days off now. I am currently laying in bed surrounded by 1 snoring man and 2 snoring dogs contemplating making a coffee and downloading the latest GOT's episode.

Oh and I hope none of you need tamiflu tablets to treat the flu. As of Saturday there is no stock left in Australia! I spend the majority of my shifts in full mask, glove and gown, with approximately 50+ outfit changes per day. Given our sick leave is like at an all time low for this time of year, our NUM congratulated us on adhering to infection control regulations.

I have a performance as in stage and microphone voice and a real voice, which is more relaxed but certainly not rough. I have a deeper and big voice and a big laugh. My voice is clear and I enunciate well. A decade of elocution lessons as a child and plenty of reading out loud and performing over the years has helped. Timmy may disagree as he's heard my voice over the phone. I am a switchboard operator, so get to hear myself speak a lot, lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1503278477][/DOUBLEPOST]
It must be hard. While you are a woman of the cloth, you are still Kay the girl.

I can however identify with your sisters odd behaviour, I have become fast friends with a CN at work, and when she Team Leads I speak to her with my professional telephone voice and when she is in a fellow Ward nursing role she gets my unprofessional inappropriate voice!
Curious as to why you change your voice to suit her position?

Reactions: Tee
Good Moanin Faux t thread!

My internet is back, and all is good in the world considering I have a red wine hangover :( Had a gf over last night to watch got, and it resulted in too much wine and food and very little recollection of what the actual show was about, I have a vague memory of Jon patting a dragon...

How good is it getting now??!! I'm praying for a happily ever after for Jon + Dany, but I just don't think I'm going to get it ;(

Vikings should be back on soon too :D

Reactions: Tee
My little Mister will be 8 tomorrow. Seems like yesterday he was a squishy little bubba. le sigh.
undefined.gif

Back