Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Good Moanin Faux T Thread!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!

Got a Mutley update! He s officially a defacto partner! He and Noah moved in together about a week or so ago! Got a Bleachy update too, Bleachy was pictured on a Noosa beach the other week, didn't even call me up for coffee!! Rude man!!

Frank my puppy has turned a corner when it comes to obedience, he now heels, stays, and sits. So proud of him, he. Is 2 now. Billy on the other hand continues to be a psychological fuck up who can't be controlled and given he is between 10 - 14 years old, why change now?!

Oh that's exciting about Mutley, no doubt he has or will have very lush interiors. I think of him often as lately I have been buying nothing buy Kmart homewares and wondering what the upper limit is for how much you can have. Occasionally my mum buys me something from somewhere else to balance it out, but I pretty much live in a Kmart catalogue. I'm even wearing Kmart clothing now, as is my son.

Well done on the puppy, clever Frank!!

Reactions: Tee
I remember the first time my son ate ice cream, it was hilarious! He didn't want to touch it because it was too cold, so he ate it apple bobbing style, so funny!

I really started to like my son once he hit 12 months. It is such a fun time. No one could ever make that kid laugh like I could!

Haha so cute, there is a video doing the rounds at the moment of a baby trying ice cream and it sounds similar, so adorable!

12 months is good, although he has had a few bad moods lately during which he hits me, but the good moods are great and it's nice to see his personality shining through as a real person. He recently laughed manically over a long and very audible fart so I now have an insight into my life with a man around.

He recently laughed manically over a long and very audible fart so I now have an insight into my life with a man around.
Bahahahaha! Personalities are usually set pretty early in life. So I guess you're starting to see what you're gonna get lol.

Reminds me of a school report from when I was 6yo (which I still have): [Timmy] seems content to crack silly jokes and play in class.

To this day. And she just had no sense of humour. :D

Geez it has been wet here, and I mean in Weather terms ;)

The land is so flat here and clay based, so it is like a semi swamp in the backyard! I bought my first pair of gumboots and I opted for a Croc Look Purple pair from Rivers. They cost me $10.45 and I think the chooks are happy I invested that amount of $$ to be able for me to sludge through the water to feed them and collect the rewards.

I am growing Garlic atm, along with some Spinach Onions Carrots Cabbage Brussel Spouts Cauliflower and Brocolini - but I just want to hiberate inside with the wild weather we are having! Have been told that this is usual for here and I have another 6 weeks to endure and bunker down.

I had a sunflower Bloom this week - in the middle of Winter - Self Seeded and all :)

Here is a pick of me and it :)

View attachment 53123

hope you are all well and happy xxx
Hello Deb!

What a beautiful pic! I am so glad you are loving life!

You doing the dating thing or are you happy flying solo?

I have a full day of tv planned, I will start with CBBUK, the on to GOT, then I am embarking on season 1 of some NZ series that was recommended to me, but the name escapes me. The fact I am planning to sit in pjs and watch tv all day really should bring me great shame, but all I feel is unadulterated pure and total joy at the thought!

I have a full day of tv planned, I will start with CBBUK, the on to GOT, then I am embarking on season 1 of some NZ series that was recommended to me, but the name escapes me. The fact I am planning to sit in pjs and watch tv all day really should bring me great shame, but all I feel is unadulterated pure and total joy at the thought!
Sounds like my idea of a perfect day. Oh, I might include a 2 hour bath in there too.

Oh good - a sympathetic nurse I can whinge to. I'm a cranky Clergy today. I've had two viruses one after the other. One was a head cold and the other a tummy bug. Just getting better and today I missed out on my day off - and I only get one each week. Had to travel 3 hours for a 5 hour meeting and then 3 hours back and just about to start relaxing and my husband's sister rings me to whinge about their mother. ME! Why doesn't she ring him? (Cause he's quite deaf and phone conversations are usually short and frustrating).

Other than that @Trala all is good in Gundy. How are you?.

Oh good - a sympathetic nurse I can whinge to. I'm a cranky Clergy today. I've had two viruses one after the other. One was a head cold and the other a tummy bug. Just getting better and today I missed out on my day off - and I only get one each week. Had to travel 3 hours for a 5 hour meeting and then 3 hours back and just about to start relaxing and my husband's sister rings me to whinge about their mother. ME! Why doesn't she ring him? (Cause he's quite deaf and phone conversations are usually short and frustrating).

Other than that @Trala all is good in Gundy. How are you?.
Influenza A has been a killer this year and I mean literally. So many are in icu with it. Try and cocoon yourself. It would be super difficult being a vicar. You can't exactly alcohol wipe your self down when comforting your flock, and lets face it, humans are disease ridden at the moment!

You need to be selfish and not answer your phone! If I had a dollar for every call I ignored I would be RICH!

Glad you are feeling better.

And me, I am up to pussies bow with sick people. We are spending most shifts in glove and gowns. 70% of patients are infectious at the moment. I am on three days off, and last night I thought I was going to get a sore throat, but thankfully woke up fine.

Hello Deb!

What a beautiful pic! I am so glad you are loving life!

You doing the dating thing or are you happy flying solo?

Thanks, I am so into my gardening for food I have little time for anything else, apart from trying to finish off the Painting of the Interior of the house, I promised to do. Trying to pick just one room colour is doing my head in!

LOL - not in the market to go dating atm ;) Sort of flying solo in a complicated way, but it is working and I like what has transpired.

I think I might need to buy a dingy or a canoe to get out the back to feed the chooks - This place is so low lying we are almost flooded in atm. I will see if I can snap a pic tomorrow :)

Thanks, I am so into my gardening for food I have little time for anything else, apart from trying to finish off the Painting of the Interior of the house, I promised to do. Trying to pick just one room colour is doing my head in!

LOL - not in the market to go dating atm ;) Sort of flying solo in a complicated way, but it is working and I like what has transpired.

I think I might need to buy a dingy or a canoe to get out the back to feed the chooks - This place is so low lying we are almost flooded in atm. I will see if I can snap a pic tomorrow :)
So good to hear, not the flooding part mind.

If I was wanting to date I think I would go online dating. The thought of laying in my pj's, glass of red in one hand and choccie bikkie in the other, swiping right or what ever it is they do appeals to me.

I am in a world of trouble today! I literally layed on my couch for 5 straight hours yesterday and my back today is screaming that it was a terrible life choice!!

What was the outcome regarding your steer? Did it end with freedom or a dinner plate?

I am in a world of trouble today! I literally layed on my couch for 5 straight hours yesterday and my back today is screaming that it was a terrible life choice!!
haha oh dear that's no good. Do some stretches or get a massage or something.

Did you watch the NZ show? What is it?

haha oh dear that's no good. Do some stretches or get a massage or something.

Did you watch the NZ show? What is it?
I did yoga and it has helped :)

I didn't end up starting it. It's called Top of the Lake and I am going to watch Ep 1 now.

I did yoga and it has helped :)

I didn't end up starting it. It's called Top of the Lake and I am going to watch Ep 1 now.
Oh good. I painted my hall ceiling yesterday and I'm sore AF. Could use a massage or yoga too.

And yes, I downloaded that show aeons ago and still haven't watched it!

Ditto I have it downloaded for a while and haven't watched it. Tried once and wasn't in that mood and never gone back.

So good to hear, not the flooding part mind.

What was the outcome regarding your steer? Did it end with freedom or a dinner plate?

Well, check this pic out - THIS is WHAT the steer is up to - broke through the gate this afternoon and was munching on the LAWN!!!!! No other cattle came in - they were all just watching in awe at this boy
Blackey in yard.JPG

Note Miss Joy showing off her herding abilities LOL

EDIT - Maybe the grass is greener on the other side .............

Last edited:
Back