Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Well, check this pic out - THIS is WHAT the steer is up to - broke through the gate this afternoon and was munching on the LAWN!!!!! No other cattle came in - they were all just watching in awe at this boy
View attachment 53181

Note Miss Joy showing off her herding abilities LOL

EDIT - Maybe the grass is greener on the other side .............
Haha, welcome to "the good life"?

Bahahahaha! Personalities are usually set pretty early in life. So I guess you're starting to see what you're gonna get lol.

Reminds me of a school report from when I was 6yo (which I still have): [Timmy] seems content to crack silly jokes and play in class.

To this day. And she just had no sense of humour. :D

Haha yeah I feel like my childhood report cards still reflect my personality today. Oh well that's not entirely true, I would get in trouble for talking but these days I'm fairly anti social. So maybe there is hope that someday I won't have a boy laughing at farts![DOUBLEPOST=1502509759][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, check this pic out - THIS is WHAT the steer is up to - broke through the gate this afternoon and was munching on the LAWN!!!!! No other cattle came in - they were all just watching in awe at this boy
View attachment 53181

Haha I so love this photo!

And yes, I downloaded that show aeons ago and still haven't watched it!
Started it on Friday and I love it! So many good Australian actors too. I'm not sure if any of you have got into The Handmaids Tale (which I totes recommend) but the lead actor in Handmaids is the lead actor in Top of the Lake. The scenery is breath taking! Make a date baby and watch it!

Ditto I have it downloaded for a while and haven't watched it. Tried once and wasn't in that mood and never gone back.
Oh give it another chance, it is a great show! NZ is such a beautiful place.

:)

View attachment 53181

Love, LOVE, LOVE this!

Xo

Well I am facing a first world problem of MONUMENTAL significance!

There is a problem with my internet and none of the "EXPERTS" can work out what's wrong! I have had dial up speed since Thursday!!

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

That's as about as dramatic as the conventional font options here would let me go.

Underwhelmingly dramatic. There isn't even a 'Scream'?! Whaaaaaat?!

Well I am facing a first world problem of MONUMENTAL significance!

There is a problem with my internet and none of the "EXPERTS" can work out what's wrong! I have had dial up speed since Thursday!!

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Oh yeah that is drastic. Slow internet for just a few minutes does my head in. Can you use your phone's hotspot maybe? It could be even slower but is my go to for internet issues.

Oh good - a sympathetic nurse I can whinge to. I'm a cranky Clergy today. I've had two viruses one after the other. One was a head cold and the other a tummy bug. Just getting better and today I missed out on my day off - and I only get one each week. Had to travel 3 hours for a 5 hour meeting and then 3 hours back and just about to start relaxing and my husband's sister rings me to whinge about their mother. ME! Why doesn't she ring him? (Cause he's quite deaf and phone conversations are usually short and frustrating).

Other than that @Trala all is good in Gundy. How are you?.

It is great to hear/see a person that is in a position of Clergy to be so normal xxxxxxx

11pm and I am contemplating painting a wall or 3 ... mmmmmmm ...... I am going to wait till tomorrow night to get the Enamel Paint and a glass of vino out ... but I feel I need to do some brushing right now .......

It is great to hear/see a person that is in a position of Clergy to be so normal xxxxxxx
Not sure my hubby would agree I'm normal but that's nothing to do with my Clergy status. He says I've always been weird. Anyway I'm less cranky today, feeling healthier and looking forward to my day off tomorrow. xoxoxo

Not sure my hubby would agree I'm normal but that's nothing to do with my Clergy status. He says I've always been weird. Anyway I'm less cranky today, feeling healthier and looking forward to my day off tomorrow. xoxoxo
This comment has reminded me about someone I used to work with and her being weird around clergy. Whenever we had to call the oncall RC priest for last rites, she would go into what I call confession mode, although it's possibly nothing like confession. That is, lower her head, put her hand up like a screen, speak in hushed tones and be generally reverential. Yes Father, no Father. I looked at her one day and asked her what on earth she was doing. Neither of us are RC either btw, and it was very weird indeed to see. She told me and I burst out laughing. Told her she wouldn't last five minutes in my circle of friends and family. I am comfortable with many of the clergy in my faith (Salvation Army) and to me they're just who they are. It always made me laugh to watch her. Even now, I think of her when I call the priest. Hello Father, how are you? I've got a ward on the phone for last rites...
Oh, enjoy your day off too and feel much better very soon.

Reactions: Tee
Yep. We are just ordinary folk. My sister treats me differently now that I'm ordained - for the first hour we're together and then she forgets for which I am very grateful. (We are lucky to see each other once a year)

Well I just filled and filled and filled for like 8 hours - I had to restrain myself from a brush and remind myself the prep work was more important - boring!

Well I just filled and filled and filled for like 8 hours - I had to restrain myself from a brush and remind myself the prep work was more important - boring!
Prep work sucks dogs' balls, but it's worth it if you want a decent finish.

I have just painted my hall and living room ceilings. The cheap arse paint I bought was so thin it took four coats which really killed me, especially as my vaulted ceilings peak at 3.3m. Between climbing up and down the ladder 1000 times and the 107 stairs between me and the ground floor several times a day, I am going to have the best legs. But the ceilings do look fab now. Sill have to do the bedroom but saving it for last. I really want to paint the hall and living room walls but need my builders to fix a few spots where water is seeping in during heavy rain. They're coming tomorrow.

Prep work sucks dogs' balls, but it's worth it if you want a decent finish.

I have just painted my hall and living room ceilings. The cheap arse paint I bought was so thin it took four coats which really killed me, especially as my vaulted ceilings peak at 3.3m. Between climbing up and down the ladder 1000 times and the 107 stairs between me and the ground floor several times a day, I am going to have the best legs. But the ceilings do look fab now. Sill have to do the bedroom but saving it for last. I really want to paint the hall and living room walls but need my builders to fix a few spots where water is seeping in during heavy rain. They're coming tomorrow.

I read about your neck pain from the ceiling paint job and had and felt the same same. Working on the Hall now, got about 1/8th done (it is a long Hallway) - almost finished bedroom 1 - it had nioce dark blue paint all over, 3 coats of good paint managed to cover the job - 2 more Bedrooms to sort ..........

Reactions: Tee
Back