Skip to main content

In The News

With this next bit of ridiculousness, wondering should we start a dumbest ever thread?
Stupid internet people?
Dumbarses trying to be internet influencers, who are dumber than a lampost????

Please help with what we can call this kind of idiot...

• He wrote: ''Tampons should not be free. If u can't hold it until you get to a toilet. I don't urinate everywhere and expect free nappies #selfcontrol'
I don't even.... wtf!!! I hope he is not a human biology student!

I say we have a future Darwin award winner here, cos he is surely never going to understand how a girls bits work well enough to procreate!

So, some real women have been insulted...that comic book character and step-up-from-a-swimsuit wearing Wonder Woman (of unrealistic proportions) was appointed Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls by the United Nations...as part of their campaign for gender equality, and to coincide with Wonder Woman's 75th birthday. Well. There that is.

Of course Linda Carter (of unrealistic proportions) thinks it a load of baloney since Wonder Woman stands for strong, independent women (BTW, if you were wondering, Linda Carter is now 65).

Maybe it's about capturing people's imagination to convey a lasting message with impact? Particularly targeting young, disadvantaged girls? I think they've created attention and got the key message across with the "Whaaaat? Why is Wonder Woman a UN ambassador?"....in a more engaging way than they could have with any real human.

Wonder Woman Named U.N. Ambassador; Lynda Carter Channels Clinton, Mocks Trump
Wonder Woman’s role will be part of the U.N.’s campaign for achieving gender equality by 2030. Said Nelson, the strength and backing of Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, which own the rights to the character, agree to “add Wonder Woman to their arsenal” of raising awareness of the struggles women face – and U.N. Sustainable Development Goal 5. According to Gallach, the iconic status of the “newest recruit to the cause” – and her “commitment to justice, peace, and equality” – will help the U.N. reach new audiences with essential messages of empowerment with the theme of “Think of all the wonders you can do.” ...MORE

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT "Think of all the wonders you can do" if used as a tagline, sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Be worried about our government, this battle between the top legal officers is appalling - and the worst man won

I reject every attack that has been made upon me - including by you': The withering resignation letter to George Brandis by the solicitor-general
  • Australia's Solicitor-General Justin Gleeson has tendered his resignation
  • It follows controversy with Attorney-General George Brandis
  • Mr Gleeson said his relationship with Mr Brandis is 'irretrievably broken'
  • He said their relationship lacked 'trust and confidence and mutual respect'
  • Attorney-General Brandis announced the move on Monday
Main issue =
Australian Solicitor-General Justin Gleeson and the attorney have been embroiled in a public spat over changes to Mr Gleeson's role, principally that no-one including the prime minister could seek the solicitor-general's advice without the attorney's permission.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ney-General-George-Brandis.html#ixzz4O4kKPWdt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ney-General-George-Brandis.html#ixzz4O4jWCqYS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

tragic, poor people just out for a day of fun - nightmare world, they are going to be in big trouble

I was driving down a side road when various emergency vehicles were heading down towards Dreamworld and along the motorway with their flashing lights. I thought there must have been a major accident nearby on the motorway because I could hear sirens coming from all directions, until I got home and saw the local news on tv:(

I thought you might be interested to know this made the US news and was in the New York Times this morning.
I was shocked to hear it as I feel so close to Dream World thanks to this forum. Very sad for all those involved.
Was also on 'Tagesschau' this evening - the standard German news which shown accross Gemany on most stations (except I think it's not shown a few special interest stations)

I was driving down a side road when various emergency vehicles were heading down towards Dreamworld and along the motorway with their flashing lights. I thought there must have been a major accident nearby on the motorway because I could hear sirens coming from all directions, until I got home and saw the local news on tv:(
Oh! I wondered why you were roaming around this part of the forum. Not really a 'good' reason... Oh dear. Horrible thing to happen.

It is very sad news indeed... :(
I can't help but wonder how Big Brother (if it was still running) would be affected by such an event?

Sadly people have to die before these sorts of things come to public attention...

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...deemed-not-fit-for-service-in-2012-inspection
I did see an article today in the US that the ride passed inspection a couple of months ago.
Don't recall where I read it though.
We've had fatal accidents in amusement parks in the US. I think I've gone off them.
The odd part is that the ride that crashed at Dream World didn't seem very dangerous. I would have gone on that ride with no qualms at all.

I did see an article today in the US that the ride passed inspection a couple of months ago.
We've had fatal accidents in amusement parks in the US. I think I've gone off them.
The odd part is that the ride that crashed at Dream World didn't seem very dangerous. I would have gone on that ride with no qualms at all.

It was a very innocent looking ride. When i first heard about the tragedy i thought something had gone wrong at the tower of terror or wipeout rides.

Dreamworld issued a statement saying in part:

"The Thunder River Rapids ride had successfully completed its annual mechanical and structural safety engineering inspection on 29 September 2016"

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20161026/pdf/43cbh15qtpbqxw.pdf

I have my own theory as to how this happened, but I'll leave that up to the official investigation.

Last edited:
Back