Skip to main content

2015 - 2016 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else watch the Amazing Noughties on 9 tonight?
They talked a little about Big Brother, and interviewed series one Housemate, Blair McDonough! :)
Link to be posted soon.

Did anyone else watch the Amazing Noughties on 9 tonight?
They talked a little about Big Brother, and interviewed series one Housemate, Blair McDonough! :)
Link to be posted soon.

I should watch this on 9JumpIn though it might reignite my craving for Big Brother to return. :cry:

Farmer Dave has become a father!

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...d/news-story/bbcd9a8b12b44070297c8e72eada6fed

FORMER Big Brother contestant Dave Graham aka “the gay cowboy” is now a proud dad.

The 36-year-old, who finished third in the reality TV competition in 2006, revealed his exciting news on Nova 100’s Chrissie, Sam & Browny this morning.

“I am now part of the massive club that is the breeding fraternity,” he told the radio hosts.

“I am the proud dad of a little girl since yesterday.”

Graham, who now runs the Farmer Dave Dog Centre in western Sydney, said the process of becoming a dad was “very long” and “very thought out”.

“I met this amazing, amazing lady about five years ago,” he said.

906c74fe35ee0f5aa5b6e8230549bd3a

Dave’s promo shot from season six of Big Brother.Source:News Corp Australia

“We were both at a LGBTI young event, where it was all about having a safe place for young people to go and I was speaking at the event. She was in the room and we just clicked. I was in an amazing relationship, she was in an amazing relationship, and the first thing I said to her is I want to have a baby with you.

“She didn’t speak to me, she was a bit gaspy. Then she came up to me at the end of the night and she said, ‘Were you serious about that?’ because she felt the same thing. It was just one of those cosmic things.”

The baby girl, whose name Graham didn’t want to reveal for privacy reasons, was born at 5am yesterday, after some initial troubles.

80c4360486f21e90783ff96f8b8eb81d

Dave came out to the other housemates on day four of Big Brother in 2006.Source:News Limited

“The mother that was going to carry the baby couldn’t because of this thing and then the other mother was going to have the baby and then she ended up with some complications,” said the former reality TV contestant.

“It worked out whereby it was the eggs of the actual mother that I had the connection with were put inside the other mother.”

Graham told the Nova team that he’ll adopt the role of “special uncle”.

Tully Monster: Scientists solve mystery

For more than half a century, scientists have scratched their heads over the nature of an outlandishly bizarre creature dubbed the Tully Monster.

But researchers today announced they had finally solved the mystery of the creature...

They ... determined it was not a segmented worm or a free-swimming slug, as once hypothesised...

"I would rank the Tully Monster just about at the top of the scale of weirdness," said paleontologist Victoria McCoy of Britain's University of Leicester, who conducted the study while at Yale University.

"It fed by grasping things with the proboscis (snout) and scraping bits off with its tongue," Ms McCoy said.
"We don't know what it ate or if it was a predator or scavenger."
"I was blown away when the results started coming in."

The research was published in the journal Nature.

SOURCE:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-17/tully-monster
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-...solve-mystery-bizarre-fossil-illinois/7253172
:D :roflmao: ;)

Tully Monster: Scientists solve mystery

For more than half a century, scientists have scratched their heads over the nature of an outlandishly bizarre creature dubbed the Tully Monster.

But researchers today announced they had finally solved the mystery of the creature...

They ... determined it was not a segmented worm or a free-swimming slug, as once hypothesised...

"I would rank the Tully Monster just about at the top of the scale of weirdness," said paleontologist Victoria McCoy of Britain's University of Leicester, who conducted the study while at Yale University.

"It fed by grasping things with the proboscis (snout) and scraping bits off with its tongue," Ms McCoy said.
"We don't know what it ate or if it was a predator or scavenger."
"I was blown away when the results started coming in."

The research was published in the journal Nature.

SOURCE:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-17/tully-monster

:D :roflmao: ;)
This article is now my life, Thanks so much for sharing

Nine's shares follow ratings down the tube, blames standard of West Indian cricket and weather

In a trading update, Nine said its third quarter revenue was down 11 per cent compared to the same period in the previous year, while its ratings were softer than anticipated.
The cricket collapse has flowed through to other programming disasters on the network and had given the edge to its FTA competitors.
Nine's other response, in the time honoured way of dealing with poor-performing cricket, was to get out the knife.
Investors clearly did not like what they saw, at stumps Nine's shared (sic) were down 24 per cent - or 36 cents - to $1.16.
And just like sodden Sydney test this year, investors who bought into the Nine float at $2 a share back in December 2013, find themselves deeply under water.

Read the whole story:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-05/nine-blames-cricket-weather-as-shares-go-down-the-tube/7301110

Nine's shares follow ratings down the tube, blames standard of West Indian cricket and weather

In a trading update, Nine said its third quarter revenue was down 11 per cent compared to the same period in the previous year, while its ratings were softer than anticipated.
The cricket collapse has flowed through to other programming disasters on the network and had given the edge to its FTA competitors.
Nine's other response, in the time honoured way of dealing with poor-performing cricket, was to get out the knife.
Investors clearly did not like what they saw, at stumps Nine's shared (sic) were down 24 per cent - or 36 cents - to $1.16.
And just like sodden Sydney test this year, investors who bought into the Nine float at $2 a share back in December 2013, find themselves deeply under water.

Read the whole story:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-05/nine-blames-cricket-weather-as-shares-go-down-the-tube/7301110

VTQXGqK.jpg

Just found this, Merlin discussing his eviction 12 years later. Was somewhat interesting to learn a little bit on what was going on behind the scenes we didn't see/hear about back then.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...r/news-story/a43174a3170b79fdc55b7959f8c36326

Very interesting to hear that Kris Noble would have been keen to help orchestrate the protest on stage though... But not the the good kind of interesting. :(

Last edited:
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...e/news-story/7190fab04004538fb9e7a21b5b69481b

Big Brother’s most controversial moments of all time

IT RAN for 11 seasons, featuring 211 housemates, whose every move was watched through 42 camera lenses across thousands of hours of footage.

Big Brother was one of our biggest-ever reality franchises — and produced some of television’s most genuinely shocking moments.

^ It's also interesting that a couple other outlets have done some Big Brother retrospect articles recently too. I saw another one appear on Facebook a little while ago along the lines of "Ever wonder what your favourite Big Brother HM's are up to now?".

A little odd that the show is being spruiked a fair bit again.

I put this in the Where are they now? thread a couple of days ago, but it probably better belongs here.

Farmer Dave interviewed in this report. I'm in Maranoa- a couple of hours from Warwick. Not all pastors/priests feel the way we were portrayed. In fact, in my town one denomination pulled out of the Minister's Group because the rest of us support LGBTIQ rights. Wonder how close I am to Dave's farm? Maranoa is a huge place but he did say he was about 3 hours from Warwick.

^ It's also interesting that a couple other outlets have done some Big Brother retrospect articles recently too. I saw another one appear on Facebook a little while ago along the lines of "Ever wonder what your favourite Big Brother HM's are up to now?".

A little odd that the show is being spruiked a fair bit again.
Point proven with ANOTHER "new" article that just got posted on Scoopla: "What ever happened to BB lovers Jamie and Katie?"

Why the sudden Big Brother resurgence, people?

Was just about to post (beaten by a few seconds), it is the top headline in the evening news. Sad, sad news for all connected to this terrible incident :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back