Skip to main content

2015 - 2016 Media Articles Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
An excerpt from a TV Tonight article titled "TV's Unanswered Questions: Shows In Limbo":

BIG BROTHER (Andrew Backwell, Nine)

“No decision has been made on Big Brother. It’s fair to say I was disappointed with the ratings. It was certainly far from a disaster. Every audience with our shows is demos and as you know our target at Channel Nine is we don’t care about winning All People. It’s all about delivering the demos, it’s what advertisers need. Plus, if you remember, on catch-up online, it did an incredible job.

“It created a lot of revenue for Mi9 and you get so much volume out of it. It was 86 hours or something that we got out of it so it’s very cost effective TV. It’s not a cheap show but when you get so much content out of it, it makes the cost-per-hour cost effective. So that’s why we haven’t cut it loose. We’re still considering it.

“There’s still time for us to get it up for the last quarter, but only just. So we have to make a call on it very shortly and that all comes down to crunching the numbers with the audience it delivers, with the revenue it delivers, and with the amount of content, and just to see if it’s viable for us.

“What I think is worth seeing is if we can get it across our primary channel and one of our multi channels such as GO! So you can have some daily shows on GO! some events on Nine.

“So you’d have to look at having your eviction shows and your nomination shows on Nine to make it viable and then push that young audience to GO! for the daily shows. And I’m thinking that, if we could make it financially work, which is the big key to it, it would rate through the roof on GO! because you’ve got a dedicated bunch of fans. You’ve probably got 400,000 or 500,000 fans that will watch it whether it’s on Nine or GO!”

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/02/tvs-unanswered-questions-shows-in-limbo.html

I suppose she has to stay relevant:

Chrissie Swan has reached her "sex quota"
January 22, 2015

If Chrissie Swan had her time again, she'd probably sign a "sex contract" allowing her to stop doing it at 38.
The 41-year-old says she and her partner, known affectionately as "The Chippy", have sex once a year and she's nervous to do the deed because she falls pregnant easily.

The situation now feels "too far gone" and "awkward", Swan told online magazine Show and Tell.

"Every time I have sex I get pregnant," she said.

"I (have) actually ... got to seek counselling 'cos I'm actually scared of his wand."

READ MORE:
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/lif...as-reached-her-sex-quota-20150122-12vfqo.html

And for the big news while we were down, congratulations to Sonia Kruger and her partner Craig McPherson on the birth of their daughter Maggie:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...rth-to-baby-girl/story-fnk826rj-1227195623325

016088-828817f6-a416-11e4-a11e-9d15a37a8504.jpg

I suppose she has to stay relevant:

Chrissie Swan has reached her "sex quota"
January 22, 2015

If Chrissie Swan had her time again, she'd probably sign a "sex contract" allowing her to stop doing it at 38.
The 41-year-old says she and her partner, known affectionately as "The Chippy", have sex once a year and she's nervous to do the deed because she falls pregnant easily.

The situation now feels "too far gone" and "awkward", Swan told online magazine Show and Tell.

"Every time I have sex I get pregnant," she said.

"I (have) actually ... got to seek counselling 'cos I'm actually scared of his wand."

READ MORE:
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/lif...as-reached-her-sex-quota-20150122-12vfqo.html

Don't these people know about protection? I'm sick of hearing how people are surprised they got pregnant even though they don't use protection. The whole "survival of the fittest" actually blows outs the window considering the slowest and dumbest in society "accidentally" keep reproducing.

And she has obviously married either a gay man or a habitual cheater. Sex once a year….???

I agree, she is trying to stay relevant by being irrelevant.

Don't these people know about protection? I'm sick of hearing how people are surprised they got pregnant even though they don't use protection. The whole "survival of the fittest" actually blows outs the window considering the slowest and dumbest in society "accidentally" keep reproducing.

And she has obviously married either a gay man or a habitual cheater. Sex once a year….???

I agree, she is trying to stay relevant by being irrelevant.

Anyway, to your point. Yes if you don't want to get pregnant there are easy ways to dramatically reduce the risk.

Apparently a lot of people don't use protection. I honestly only became aware of this a few years ago. I am a male 31 by the way.

One of my friends was complaining to me about how she finds it so frustrating trying to get guys to wear condoms. She would have been 24?25? I was just like... but why wouldn't they just automatically wear one? Which then lead to a bunch of conversations with a bunch of friends.

I never knew there was often an on going struggle with a lot of guys trying to convince girls to not let them wear a condom. From the first time they have sex, to if they are dating where it becomes an issue. Where the guys will not wear one unless made or asked. To where it becomes an issue.

From my view and what I always do is that you don't have to be told to put one on, you just do it. You may in a relationship make some other arrangements and be clear on some things. However that is quite different. Although if you don't want to get pregnant and you can....

Pregnancy aside, aren't people worried at all about STI's?

It was very strange but also makes you wonder about how irresponsible people out there are.

It was funny, like girls saying, 'he didn't ask if I was on birth control' where either the guy doesn't care or just assumes. I think doesn't care.

The last thing I want to do is get someone pregnant, actually no, the last thing I want to do is get an STI that is incurable, the second last is pregnant.

Seriously, what is wrong with people?

'Maybe it's third time lucky for me!' Big Brother winner Reggie Bird finds love again after two failed marriages, battle with depression and financial struggles
By Andrea Magrath For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 12:02 EST, 2 March 2015 | Updated: 12:51 EST, 2 March 2015

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-depression-financial-struggles.html#comments
    She has been through the wringer in recent years - a second failed marriage, financial worries, and coping with medical problems - both her own degenerative eye condition and caring for her son who has cystic fibrosis.

So it is about time that Big Brother winner Reggie Sorensen, best known as Reggie Bird enjoyed good fortune.

The 40-year-old mother of two has revealed to Woman's Day magazine that she has found love again - and she believes third time's the charm.

Scroll down for video

263A645B00000578-2974935-image-a-3_1425258286765.jpg

+6
    Finding love: Reggie Sorensen (nee Bird) has found happiness with a new man following a difficult few years

263A75A600000578-2974935-image-a-11_1425258387530.jpg

+6
    263A645300000578-2974935-image-m-10_1425258370175.jpg

+6
    Playing the field: The TV personality is dating former Manly Sea Eagles star John Jones, who played for the club from 1989 to 1994

Reggie, who won over the nation during her stint on Big Brother in 2003, has also won over former rugby player John Jones.

The Manly Sea Eagles star, 49, and Reggie met at their local bowls club in Paradise Point, Queensland last year.

In the interview in this week's Woman's Day magazine, the couple open up about how they had both given up on finding love.

Former fish and chip shop owner Reggie was focusing on raising her two children, daughter Mia and son Lucas.

Unemployed and struggling to make ends meet, dating was the furthest thing from her mind.

'I couldn't give two hoots if I never met anyone ever again, the lovable reality star tells the magazine.

Big Brother winner Reggie Bird is 'struggling' to live
    video-undefined-1E537FDC00000578-952_636x358.jpg

article-0-1E5332A200000578-83_634x512.jpg

+6
    Big winner: Reggie won Big Brother in 2003, but has since suffered some personal stumbles including two failed marriages and financial problems

But there were other plans in store for Reggie, who admits that she admired John from afar before they were properly introduced by mutual friend Mike Goldman, but didn't think of him romantically.

After a handful of dates, the pair fell for each other, and are now looking to the future.

'I love how John makes me laugh,' Reggie says in the interview. 'I've never met anyone who I've connected with so much... He's a big, gentle, funny giant.'

Grilled on whether marriage is on the cards, she replied: 'Maybe it's third time lucky for me!'

article-2643576-1E53377E00000578-810_634x385.jpg

+6
    Flashback: Reggie was crowned the winner of the 2003 reality series out of a cast also including Logie winner Chrissie Swan

The turn of fortune is a long time coming for Reggie, who last year spoke publicly about her battle with depression following the breakdown of her marriage to Dale Sorensen, her diagnosis with retinal pigmentosa, and the struggle to keep her head above water financially.

Between her own vision impairment and caring for son Lucas, she has said that she struggles to find work.

263A2A7B00000578-2974935-image-a-2_1425253616503.jpg

+6
    Reggie reveals all about her new relationship in the new issue of Woman's Day

The TV personality, who campaigns for Cystic Fibrosis charities, even considered moving into a caravan park last year when her financial burdens became overwhelming.

'Wonder how much it would cost per week to live in a caravan park?' she wrote in a Facebook post at the time. 'Just need to work out some options with my life,' adding: 'Can no longer keep living the way that I am.'

'Being a single mum is tough trying to bring up 2 kids!' Reggie wrote in her post.

'Even tougher when you are vision impaired and have a child with cystic fibrosis!

'Things are only going to get tougher once the governments new policies come in and also now having to pay for scripts for Lucas' medication.'

Explaining that she is keen to find employment, Reggie said at the time that she was having trouble finding a job that accommodates her own disability.

Reggie suffers from retinal pigmentation, which means she has lost much of her vision and she told Woman's Day magazine in 2011 she 'can hardly see her kids'.

'I want to work,' she wrote last year.

'But who is going to employ someone who is vision impaired, can't drive, has a child with cystic fibrosis and needs to be cared for.

'Yesterday the daycare rang me to go pick Lucas up because he is sick.

'What boss is going to let me get up and leave work to attend to my child at the drop of a hat?'

Reggie isn't picky when it comes to work, saying she'd be happy to return to her chip-shop roots.

'I would love to be battering fish and potato cakes again,' she wrote. 'Cooking hamburgers making fresh salad rolls.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ession-financial-struggles.html#ixzz3TDLNc3Iq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back