Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 19 Discussion

Sue couldnt win a challenge even if she was doing one with the others all ill.
what was she doing there after the merge at all?
And yet, Sue was one of the most shrewd players in the game. Look at the remaining deluded idiots who still have no clue that the evil threesome are in control despite being having it spelled out to them on at least four occasions now.

But you're right. Too little, too late from any of the players named.

Good for them for being out there so long. That is an accomplishment.

I had to live without power or running water for 3 days after a hurricane and I ended up just going to a friends house to stay. No way to get clean or cook is an awful feeling even whenyou are living in a comfortable house!

So the next episode is Sunday? (Which is actually Saturday morning at 4am for me?)
Then Monday (which is Sunday morning for me?) But not Tuesday?

I just confused myself by thinking oh it's Tuesday so there is another episode....forgetting it's Wednesday there.

The most frustrating thing for me is that I can watch The Real Houswifes of Melbourne (as if I would, gave up after a few episodes a year or two ago) but not great shows like Australian Survivor.

I wonder if someone will ever figure out how to get these channels in the US. I would pay for a season or by episode for this show.

Rupert was great his first season, not as much later

This is true 100%! First season ok, but then the ego took over and he was this great hero who was so perfect and supposed to be adored while others were bad. Same attitude of Sam here, saying he's the good guy and others are snakes.

On some others, Ozzie was great on the Redemption Island one as underdog, before that didn't interest me that much. Nice guy probably and obviously big physical threat but a bit quiet.

Russell was on Samoa and then Heroes and Villains (all star season, possibly most acclaimed). The second was done before the first was broadcast (they do 2 seasons a year) and so the cast didn't actually know him in that second season. He got plenty of airtime but that was because he was a big player.

Rob and Amber I much preferred on The Amazing Race. Rob bored me on Survivor.

Last edited:
Have said it before, the males are disappointing, Craig was the best.
We have himbo wimps, followers no idea how to lead anything, dumb plodding jock boys, and the ADD talk too much, play too fast Nick/Andy

But I LOVE it looks like a female can win, females rarely win. Love the girls have been kick arse awesome.

The men left aren't any good, but some of the earlier ones I thought did play more game than the women on this.

It ain't necessarily so. Strange things can happen on Survivor.

When people play the game, but it hasn't happened much on this.

Sue nooooooooo!!!
She put up a good fight that's for sure!

Way too late though, she needed to put aside her attitude towards someone like Nick earlier.

I am curious how she found out that the vote was splitting with Kristie, were we shown that?

Reckon they might go for sue now, she made it a bit too blatant there

I thought it was all quite blatant at the challenge from both sides.

It's funny isn't it, how HMs in BBAU are criticised for 'playing the game' but in this show you're an idiot if you don't.

Big Brother is also a game, and I don't mind that. I just don't like boring gameplans like crap showmances and acting stupid (such as with Layla), or when people spew hatred unnecessarily (like the Ben who won).

Brooke has been thinking about that. She is playing a better game than Flick.

I suppose Brooke's better looking and smiles more, maybe Flick is more overtly emotional. El just sitting in the background could be annoying the least to a jury. But hard to say from the edit.

Some funny remarks again in this one.

Sam saying he's always taking risks in the game.
Matt says he's made big moves, and he's thinking about who should take him to final two (not him take someone). He should really think about how to get to the end first.
JL saying she needs ally herself with someone as desperate as her, well she needed to consider that earlier.
Matt says he's all about friendship and trust, while he doesn't actually have friendship. I think he just fancies Brooke lol.
Sam saying others outside alliance aren't that clever, having a dig at Nick on the jury (one of the people who decides the winner). I think it's quite obvious Sam isn't the clever one.

Host desperately trying to prod them into making some moves. It's like he's saying 'this show will tank get off your ass now!'

I've noticed for a while that JL always does really small writing in the vote, it's very obviously her, I wonder if others are aware of that, if so she should have changed it during the previous votes.

So this show is summing up why Brexit happened and why Donald Trump will probably be US President by the end of the year. When it comes to voting people are stupid!

Frustrating yet again it went the predictable way, and although the cracks are appearing they'll almost certainly be papered over next time - JL's back to back immunity wins has made her as big a threat as Brooke always being in the mix at the end of the challenges too.

And he may be my sweepstake pick but after that performance in the reward challenge how was Lee still so safe. If the girls are picking off the boys he is by far a bigger competition threat than Matt and Sam, and seemingly the only one really attached to the girls alliance too.

Really though we just want the show to change - just like when Vaval lost everytime it's the same thing every episode now and it's becoming boring. We need power to shift more from show to show to keep things interesting.

Finally anyone kept track of the days because they seems to do an Immunity & Tribal and then Reward, Immunity & Tribal over a 3 day cycle, and haven't obviously broken from that other than the fake swaps they did. With 2 people going every 3 days the show really should be over by day 41.

They were talking of taking Matt out as well, they actually seem to trust him less than Kristie from what is shown.

For those asking Survivor is only on Sunday and Monday next week. No Tuesday.

It reminds me of how some channel messed around with The Amazing Race Australia in changing the schedule. I suppose they aren't completely switching to different days (or I'm assuming times) at least.

So this show is summing up why Brexit happened and why Donald Trump will probably be US President by the end of the year. When it comes to voting people are stupid!

Frustrating yet again it went the predictable way, and although the cracks are appearing they'll almost certainly be papered over next time - JL's back to back immunity wins has made her as big a threat as Brooke always being in the mix at the end of the challenges too.

And he may be my sweepstake pick but after that performance in the reward challenge how was Lee still so safe. If the girls are picking off the boys he is by far a bigger competition threat than Matt and Sam, and seemingly the only one really attached to the girls alliance too.

Really though we just want the show to change - just like when Vaval lost everytime it's the same thing every episode now and it's becoming boring. We need power to shift more from show to show to keep things interesting.

Finally anyone kept track of the days because they seems to do an Immunity & Tribal and then Reward, Immunity & Tribal over a 3 day cycle, and haven't obviously broken from that other than the fake swaps they did. With 2 people going every 3 days the show really should be over by day 41.

I don't know the days. I also find it confusing. There must be more down time? But why would they do that if it doesn't matter for the number of episodes?

Some funny remarks again in this one.

Sam saying he's always taking risks in the game.
Matt says he's made big moves, and he's thinking about who should take him to final two (not him take someone). He should really think about how to get to the end first.
JL saying she needs ally herself with someone as desperate as her, well she needed to consider that earlier.
Matt says he's all about friendship and trust, while he doesn't actually have friendship. I think he just fancies Brooke lol.
Sam saying others outside alliance aren't that clever, having a dig at Nick on the jury (one of the people who decides the winner). I think it's quite obvious Sam isn't the clever one.

Host desperately trying to prod them into making some moves. It's like he's saying 'this show will tank get off your ass now!'

I've noticed for a while that JL always does really small writing in the vote, it's very obviously her, I wonder if others are aware of that, if so she should have changed it during the previous votes.
I don't think Sam has a clue what the jury does.
I wonder if he thinks the public will vote for the winner? They must have explained it to him.

Maybe more likely he just wants to begin his Tully like reality social media career as others have mentioned?

He certainly isn't looking good for his mental health charity with his poor treatment of Nick. Nick is an emotional guy who doesn't take rejection well- I can't see him voting for anyone who was close to Sam.

One person goes every 2-3 days. The Wikipedia entry shows that there have been a few runs of every-second-day TCs especially recently.

I had a feeling Jennah-Louise was going to re-emerge at some stage, and I'm glad she has. I think it's too little, too late, though. Credit to her and to Sue for putting it all out there at Tribal Council.

Jennah-Louise or Kristie are the best hopes of winning outside of one of the 3 lead girls, I think. I can't see Matt winning at this point given that he hasn't heeded the warnings of those on the jury, and I just can't see Lee or Sam being there in the end.

Another predictable episode. They really are too late now to change things up, unless JL wins all the remaining immunity challenges. Honestly watching this show gives me anxiety, haha. Still love it, but can they be any dumber. Sam, Matt, Kristie, Lee wake the fuck up

You know, I'm actually embarrassed that AUSTRALIAN MEN are playing this game in such a BALL-LESS manner.

Only the women have prevented this show from being an absolute NATIONAL EMBARRASSMENT.

Pull your damn socks up Matt, Sam and Lee.

Goodnight!

Back