Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

The Ferals!
Does anyone else remember them?

They were one of my favourites.

I know there is a war online with the original series vs. Feral TV and it seems like I might be the only one who likes both.

Feral TV can be pretty amusing at times for example:

Though I guess everybody has a different sense of humour!
I can't say I remember this show as a kid. I am an old fart but thanks for sharing this.:thumbsup:

The Ferals!
Does anyone else remember them?

They were one of my favourites.

I know there is a war online with the original series vs. Feral TV and it seems like I might be the only one who likes both.

Feral TV can be pretty amusing at times for example:

Though I guess everybody has a different sense of humour!

...I can't remember the show Lucas because I'm an old fart too but that's what my brother and I used to call the kids next door when we were teenagers... whenever we spoke about them we called them 'The Ferals'... we'd seen a David Attenborough show (or something similar) about feral cats or something and the name seemed so appropriate somehow lol!... cheers.

...a little while back I was doing a massive clean up and found one of these in a box...

$_1.JPG

...I was out in the backyard today throwing it around like a little child!... (Mrs Sticky is probably right... perhaps I am in my 5th childhood lol!)...I got it in the late 80's from memory... it's made of a bendable plasticky rubbery type of material but it's become a tad bit brittle as of late but it still works fine lol!... I bought it to play 'fetch' with my dog... I threw it and he just looked at it like 'meh!'... you go and get it!... lol!... and needless to say... it's been in a box since... he's been dead for a while now so I had no dog to throw it to... don't worry I just played on my own for a while until I got lazy and stopped lol!... yep!... that's me... 'Nigel No Friends! lol!... I've always loved Frisbee's... cheers.

...a little while back I was doing a massive clean up and found one of these in a box...

$_1.JPG

...I was out in the backyard today throwing it around like a little child!... (Mrs Sticky is probably right... perhaps I am in my 5th childhood lol!)...I got it in the late 80's from memory... it's made of a bendable plasticky rubbery type of material but it's become a tad bit brittle as of late but it still works fine lol!... I bought it to play 'fetch' with my dog... I threw it and he just looked at it like 'meh!'... you go and get it!... lol!... and needless to say... it's been in a box since... he's been dead for a while now so I had no dog to throw it to... don't worry I just played on my own for a while until I got lazy and stopped lol!... yep!... that's me... 'Nigel No Friends! lol!... I've always loved Frisbee's... cheers.

Chuck it here! My Dog is a frisbee addict. She thinks that is her JOB (beening a working line) I can get her do to ANYTHING (almost) for a throw of a frisbee!!!!! I have even had to make sure I have a back up one, in case of loss (they get stuck in the trees sometimes)

Pity I haven't trained her to throw it back - but she does give straight away!

I can distract her from other dogs etc with theat amazing flying invention!

LOL @ the Nigel reference

$_1.JPG

Good on you for finding this little hidden gem and throwing it about. I would have done the same thing.

Oh by the way, did you ever get that slinky we discussed in here quite a few pages back? I had to go toy shopping the other day for my friend's daughter's 5th birthday and saw a slinky. I must have looked like a mad woman grinning broadly thinking about you saying you wanted one.

Bwahaha me laughing too @ Nigel No Friends. :laugh:

Good on you for finding this little hidden gem and throwing it about. I would have done the same thing.

Oh by the way, did you ever get that slinky we discussed in here quite a few pages back? I had to go toy shopping the other day for my friend's daughter's 5th birthday and saw a slinky. I must have looked like a mad woman grinning broadly thinking about you saying you wanted one.

...strangely Groover... I have never seen a slinky in any shops that I've looked in since talking about them in here... I was starting to think that they don't make them anymore... if you don't mind me asking... which store did you seem them in Groover?... I would just love to get one... a metal one not those silly plastic ones... aaaaah!... Slinky's... Frisbee's... Etchasketch... Rubiks Cubes (I have 8 different types lol!)... Ant Farms... sea Monkeys and Yo-Yo's... aaaaah!... **cue Barbara Streisand singing**... memories... for the way we were... lol!... cheers.

...I think that I forgot to say that it was wobbly because the rubber plasticky material had hardened with age and it had some bumps and creases in it that I couldn't re-bend into shape but like a true Trogan it still flew lol!... albeit that it wobbled as it went... lol!... cheers.

...strangely Groover... I have never seen a slinky in any shops that I've looked in since talking about them in here... I was starting to think that they don't make them anymore... if you don't mind me asking... which store did you seem them in Groover?... I would just love to get one... a metal one not those silly plastic ones... aaaaah!... Slinky's... Frisbee's... Etchasketch... Rubiks Cubes (I have 8 different types lol!)... Ant Farms... sea Monkeys and Yo-Yo's... aaaaah!... **cue Barbara Streisand singing**... memories... for the way we were... lol!... cheers.

Good morning Mr S :D

I saw the slinky in Big W and it was marked "The original slinky". Yes it is metal. Hahaha I used to get frustrated with my rubiks cube that I would cheat by peeling off the labels matching the corresponding colours accordingly and lie to my friends that I cracked it:thumbsup: Of course my friends were onto my scamming ways and called me out on it.

Pmsl @ Barbara Streisand :laugh:[DOUBLEPOST=1467066364][/DOUBLEPOST]
where I grew up - this lot are a bit older than me, but the streets and going ons, were the same :)

Woo hoo I'm a shire chick but only been here 16yrs. Great song.

where I grew up - this lot are a bit older than me, but the streets and going ons, were the same :)

...I love that song hooleydooley... it's magnificent... I actually thought that clip was this one below at first...this is my favourite clip to this song but funnily enough it involves kids on skateboards too lol!... aaaaah!... skateboarding with bare feet and no shinpads or protection whatsoever back then... we were tough back then... kids nowadays are such wussies!... lol!... such memories eh?... cheers.

Good morning Mr S :D

I saw the slinky in Big W and it was marked "The original slinky". Yes it is metal. Hahaha I used to get frustrated with my rubiks cube that I would cheat by peeling off the labels matching the corresponding colours accordingly and lie to my friends that I cracked it:thumbsup: Of course my friends were onto my scamming ways and called me out on it.

Pmsl @ Barbara Streisand :laugh:[DOUBLEPOST=1467066364][/DOUBLEPOST]
Woo hoo I'm a shire chick but only been here 16yrs. Great song.

...Big W????... I've looked in there before now... I must not be looking in the right place obviously... I'll check that out within the next few days and will hunt it down in 'Sherlock Holmes' mode lol!... (or ask one of the employees as to where the hell they are at least ;):D)...

...and talking about taking the stickers off the Rubik's Cube... I tried that and they kept curling up at the corners no matter how many times I kept pushing them down again lol!... I learned pretty fast on how to dismantle them completely and re-arranging them into their rightful places... it was so much easier and also so much quicker lol!... cheers.

...Big W????... I've looked in there before now... I must not be looking in the right place obviously... I'll check that out within the next few days and will hunt it down in 'Sherlock Holmes' mode lol!... (or ask one of the employees as to where the hell they are at least ;):D)...

...and talking about taking the stickers off the Rubik's Cube... I tried that and they kept curling up at the corners no matter how many times I kept pushing them down again lol!... I learned pretty fast on how to dismantle them completely and re-arranging them into their rightful places... it was so much easier and also so much quicker lol!... cheers.
Bwahaha I never had the original rubiks cube just some cheap nasty knock off one so the coloured stickers were easy to peel off.:shamefully:

Now you are on a mission "Detective Sticky" to find that slinky and if you can't find it, well someone might have get you one.:whistling:

...jeez!... this thread sure is a blast from the past nowadays but what the hell eh?... but today I bought some 'Musk Sticks' from Woolworth's with some 'Jubes' and also 'Chocolate Bullets'... the Musk Sticks tasted EXACTLY as they did as when I went to School in the early 70's (which was a VERY long time ago believe me lol)... as did the Chocolate Bullets but the Jubes were so much softer than I remember them lol!... anyway... I just had to post that riveting information somewhere so this was the place I guess?... lol!...

...oh!... and by the way... I finally got a metal Slinky at last quite a few months ago too lol!... cheers.

...jeez!... this thread sure is a blast from the past nowadays but what the hell eh?... but today I bought some 'Musk Sticks' from Woolworth's with some 'Jubes' and also 'Chocolate Bullets'... the Musk Sticks tasted EXACTLY as they did as when I went to School in the early 70's (which was a VERY long time ago believe me lol)... as did the Chocolate Bullets but the Jubes were so much softer than I remember them lol!... anyway... I just had to post that riveting information somewhere so this was the place I guess?... lol!...

...oh!... and by the way... I finally got a metal Slinky at last quite a few months ago too lol!... cheers.

Old school lollies are the best.
Musk sticks!
I miss those "Fags" lolly cigarettes, even though I've never smoked I loved the snap they made when you broke them.
Coloured milk bottles, which you can't get anymore.
And especially those lemon sherbets that are shaped like a football.
Oh and fish, anyone remember them? Jubes shaped like fish.
They used to have great fluffy marshmallows called Pillows.
And if you want nice chocolate that actually snaps (properly tempered as they'd say on Masterchef), the best ones are actually the packets of Furry Friends in the kids section.

Musk sticks!
I miss those "Fags" lolly cigarettes, even though I've never smoked I loved the snap they made when you broke them.
And if you want nice chocolate that actually snaps (properly tempered as they'd say on Masterchef), the best ones are actually the packets of Furry Friends in the kids section.

I love those "Fags" later called "Fads". I don't remember coloured milk bottles, Pillows or Fish, but I loved the Lemon Sherbets and the Furry Friends

Musk sticks!

...haha!... I remember all of those that you mentioned Meglos... I really loved 'Redskins' and 'Cobbers' too now that you mentioned those lol!... cheers.

...oh!...I just remembered... I absolutely hated those 'Teeth' lollies that used to be around when I was a kid... I couldn't even touch them because I would've hurled I'm sure of it lol!... cheers.

Back