Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

Talking about this treasured subject, can you tell us how you met your wife? Was it at this roller rink or somewhere else?

...haha!... no... not at a roller rink... while painting a 22 foot long wall mural at my mate's house... before I met my beloved darling wife I was with a girl for 3 years and we were engaged to get married a year later... unbeknown to me she was having an affair with my best mate that I treated like my second brother and they ran off together and I never saw them again... (something I said?)... I was heartbroken by this and it was so hard to come back from and I had nothing to do with any female for around 9 months because I was so gutted by it...

...anyhow... my other mate and his brother... (no they weren't doing her too) asked me if I would paint a big wall mural for them in a games room for their father so I said yes... after doing it for about a week a friend of their mother come down to visit her (she lived about 5 houses away in the same street) and she came in to look at the wall mural that I had just started sketching out on the wall... I was 24 years old and she was 34 years old at the time...

...I was absolutely smitten by her big time... all of that heartbreak and misery of the previous 9 months left me instantly... I was snapped back into reality right there and then... I couldn't believe just how beautiful she was... I instantly asked my mate and his brother who she was when she left and whether she was married or with a partner and they told me that she was married... I was again shattered... they then went on to say that she was in the process of getting divorced from him (because he used to beat up on her at times the bloody coward)... so of course I was re-smitten?... (have I just invented a word?)...

...she then started visiting their mum more often than usual after that once word got to her that I liked her... she used to tell me that she was coming down to watch the progress of the wall mural so of course when she said that it took 5 times longer for me to paint it lol! (that's our secret so don't tell Mrs Sticky okay?)... lol!... anyhow... we really got on well together and I asked her if she would like to go out to a restaurant with me (she'd never been taken to one all the time she was married) and from then on it didn't take too long for us to 'start a fling' as we called it at the time (because we were leaving a 'way out' if either of us wanted to end the relationship)... that 'fling' is still happening to this day!... lol!... we never actually ended 'the fling' because when either of us get bossy with each other we always say something like... "watch it or I'll end our 'fling'... we always get a laugh out of it lol!...

...I never knew it that very first day that I saw her that I had met my everlasting soulmate for the rest of my life and onwards... 38 years later (married 28 years)... (I took her for a 10 year 'test run' you might say lol! ;):whistling:) and we still love each other if not stronger than when we first got together... she's everything to me... I love, cherish and adore her...

...so as it turns out my 'best friend' that ran off with the woman that I was going to marry didn't know it at the time but he did me the biggest favour of my life... (apparently they had 2-3 kids but last that I heard many years ago they had broken up... sucked in!)...

...so there you go BigBrotherCritic... that's how we met my friend... I married a 'cougar' and my darling beloved wife gained herself a 'toyboy'!... in 1977 we were trailblazers in that relationship... we were a 'cougar' and 'toyboy' before 'Hollywood' stars made it a popular trend lol!... I truly have a wonderful wife and a wonderful life... I'm a very lucky man and I know it... (sorry that this turned into a short novel... I hope that it didn't make you fall asleep reading it lol!)... so yeah... that's how we met my friend... cheers.:)

...haha!... no... not at a roller rink... while painting a 22 foot long wall mural at my mate's house... before I met my beloved darling wife I was with a girl for 3 years and we were engaged to get married a year later... unbeknown to me she was having an affair with my best mate that I treated like my second brother and they ran off together and I never saw them again... (something I said?)... I was heartbroken by this and it was so hard to come back from and I had nothing to do with any female for around 9 months because I was so gutted by it...

...anyhow... my other mate and his brother... (no they weren't doing her too) asked me if I would paint a big wall mural for them in a games room for their father so I said yes... after doing it for about a week a friend of their mother come down to visit her (she lived about 5 houses away in the same street) and she came in to look at the wall mural that I had just started sketching out on the wall... I was 24 years old and she was 34 years old at the time...

...I was absolutely smitten by her big time... all of that heartbreak and misery of the previous 9 months left me instantly... I was snapped back into reality right there and then... I couldn't believe just how beautiful she was... I instantly asked my mate and his brother who she was when she left and whether she was married or with a partner and they told me that she was married... I was again shattered... they then went on to say that she was in the process of getting divorced from him (because he used to beat up on her at times the bloody coward)... so of course I was re-smitten?... (have I just invented a word?)...

...she then started visiting their mum more often than usual after that once word got to her that I liked her... she used to tell me that she was coming down to watch the progress of the wall mural so of course when she said that it took 5 times longer for me to paint it lol! (that's our secret so don't tell Mrs Sticky okay?)... lol!... anyhow... we really got on well together and I asked her if she would like to go out to a restaurant with me (she'd never been taken to one all the time she was married) and from then on it didn't take too long for us to 'start a fling' as we called it at the time (because we were leaving a 'way out' if either of us wanted to end the relationship)... that 'fling' is still happening to this day!... lol!... we never actually ended 'the fling' because when either of us get bossy with each other we always say something like... "watch it or I'll end our 'fling'... we always get a laugh out of it lol!...

...I never knew it that very first day that I saw her that I had met my everlasting soulmate for the rest of my life and onwards... 38 years later (married 28 years)... (I took her for a 10 year 'test run' you might say lol! ;):whistling:) and we still love each other if not stronger than when we first got together... she's everything to me... I love, cherish and adore her...

...so as it turns out my 'best friend' that ran off with the woman that I was going to marry didn't know it at the time but he did me the biggest favour of my life... (apparently they had 2-3 kids but last that I heard many years ago they had broken up... sucked in!)...

...so there you go BigBrotherCritic... that's how we met my friend... I married a 'cougar' and my darling beloved wife gained herself a 'toyboy'!... in 1977 we were trailblazers in that relationship... we were a 'cougar' and 'toyboy' before 'Hollywood' stars made it a popular trend lol!... I truly have a wonderful wife and a wonderful life... I'm a very lucky man and I know it... (sorry that this turned into a short novel... I hope that it didn't make you fall asleep reading it lol!)... so yeah... that's how we met my friend... cheers.:)
Wow so you are the pioneer for toyboys /cougars :woot:

Super impressed and what a wonderful outcome that you got the woman of your dreams and so happy in love after all these years :D

Awwww Sticky... This is such a fantastic story.

Its amazing how in times of darkness, the light always comes through.

...does anyone remember the old 'Globite' School cases?... like these below?...

IS-3303-0005_blur5-450x400.jpg
338862.jpg

...if you got given a nice new shiny one like this below...

brown_vintage_style_school_case_1024x1024.jpg

...your mates used to mock you and take the piss out of you all day so what I did when my parents gave me a new one I used to jump on it/throw it up against walls/drag it through dirt and gravel to 'rough it up' to make it look like it's a beaten up crap School case before I got on the bus and train to School lol!...

...when I got home and mum and dad saw the brand new case in such a state and they got upset and asked me what happened I just told them that the other kids were just jealous that my case was so new and did that to it lol!... they believed me every time... (at least my dad used to pretend that he did but I'm positive that he really knew what happened to it but just never let on... nothing really got past that smart cookie lol!)...

...it was bad enough if you took a brand new Globite case to our School but if you DARED to take a... to take a... (I can't say it!)... if you dared to take a... BRIEFCASE instead of the Globite case your life at School was hell forever!.. lol!... the ones with 'posh' briefcases were hunted down like prey to a pack of Wolves to be ridiculed to the end of days lol!... (I always felt sorry for those kids... okay... so their parents had money... so what?)...

...anyhow... towards the end of the final year at High School we all started to spray paint artwork onto them with everything from rock group logos to skulls and zombies or whatever... the School Principle tried banning them but we didn't care... it was the last year of School so what could he really do to about 30 of us?... ban us from School?... lol!... so he had to let it ride so that was a major victory for us rebels lol!... such fun days... cheers.

My mum is in a country women's group and this is their banking bag. All their receipts/cash etc. goes into one of these bags. Also, at work, there is one stashed under the main desk. It's been there for over 12 months and no one has moved it or looked inside it.

In contrast to Mr and Mrs Sticky's beautiful love story, I dumped my first boyfriend in year 5 because he came to school one day with a really bad haircut. I was like, 'sorry, but you're dropped'. :p That was the terminology. "Will you go 'round with me?" when you liked someone, and then when it all dramatically ended, "you're dropped!". We were so fickle. It was hard to keep up with who was going 'round with who sometimes.

Wow so you are the pioneer for toyboys /cougars :woot:

Super impressed and what a wonderful outcome that you got the woman of your dreams and so happy in love after all these years :D

...thankyou GROOVER... haha!... perhaps not quite the main pioneers but we were 'doing our bit' in our own way so to speak... you are soooooo right though... I definitely got the woman of my dreams and my 'best mate' got a divorce lol!... Karma's a bitch isn't it?...

Awwww Sticky... This is such a fantastic story.

Its amazing how in times of darkness, the light always comes through.

...it's all so true BigBrotherCritic... and yes you are right... that was one of the darkest times of my life for sure... being the romantic and all-loving type it tore my heart apart at the time but then my sweet darling wife brought that spark of life back to me and I've never been happier in my life from that time onwards... as I always say... never give up... I guess that your soul mate and true love is always out there... all you've got to do is find it... luckily I did... cheers.

In contrast to Mr and Mrs Sticky's beautiful love story, I dumped my first boyfriend in year 5 because he came to school one day with a really bad haircut. I was like, 'sorry, but you're dropped'. :p That was the terminology. "Will you go 'round with me?" when you liked someone, and then when it all dramatically ended, "you're dropped!". We were so fickle. It was hard to keep up with who was going 'round with who sometimes.

...hahaha!... ''you're dropped!"... I haven't heard that expression for like a squillion years lol!... thanks for reviving that memory Alias lol!... cheers.

...I watched the movie "To Sir With Love" today and I lived not too far from the School where it was filmed (the movie was made after we had emigrated from England)... anyhow... my School was very similar to that one so I always get a tad bit nostalgic when I watch the movie lol!... but... I digress... as in the movie I had such a crush on my female English teacher at the School... Miss Giggs... she was so pretty... as you can expect... when I found out that we were emigrating to Australia I was devastated lol!... so!... has anyone else ever had a crush on a teacher?... just curious... lol!... cheers.

Hehe "You're dropped" phrase always reminds me of my high school days and the movie "Puberty Blues" where Debbie gets dumped by her boyfriend.

A personal favourite movie of mine in high school.

...I watched the movie "To Sir With Love" today and I lived not too far from the School where it was filmed (the movie was made after we had emigrated from England)... anyhow... my School was very similar to that one so I always get a tad bit nostalgic when I watch the movie lol!... but... I digress... as in the movie I had such a crush on my female English teacher at the School... Miss Giggs... she was so pretty... as you can expect... when I found out that we were emigrating to Australia I was devastated lol!... so!... has anyone else ever had a crush on a teacher?... just curious... lol!... cheers.
Omg the amount of Teachers I had crushes on is embarrasing. :shamefully:

I always lived in hope that they would fall equally in-love with me as I was with them.
:laugh:

...my sweet darling wife and I just returned home from a resort in Nelson's Bay near Newcastle in NSW a couple of hours ago... along one of the walks along the foreshore I saw a juggler doing his show while my darling wife and her daughter were shopping (of course lol!)... he reminded me of a kid at school that used to juggle stuff to our amazement... he tried to teach a few of us on how to do it... I could never achieve it myself... (jeez that annoyed the shit out of me)... many years later I met my darling wife... she can juggle 3-4 balls or whatever too... I sooooo envy her for being able to do that...

...two questions for you guys and dolls... can you juggle?... and also... could any of the kids at your School do amazing things that you couldn't do?... or even members of your own family... can they do things that you can't?... just curious... cheers.

Re: Crush on teacher -- let's just say the student teacher I had in year eight science once gave me very interesting private tutoring in a certain part of the reproductive system. It was the first time I saw a pair in the flesh.....

In regards to things kids could do -- one of the kids at my primary school used to ride a unicycle to school every day! It was such a bizarre thing to see. I remember watching him for months try to ride it and use nearby fences to steady himself on the ride home. About six months later he was riding that thing with no troubles!

As far as things I can do that other family members can't -- I'm the only muso in the family. My mum used to play guitar but that was years ago, and I tried to teach my brother how to play but he couldn't grasp it.

Re: Crush on teacher -- let's just say the student teacher I had in year eight science once gave me very interesting private tutoring in a certain part of the reproductive system. It was the first time I saw a pair in the flesh.....

In regards to things kids could do -- one of the kids at my primary school used to ride a unicycle to school every day! It was such a bizarre thing to see. I remember watching him for months try to ride it and use nearby fences to steady himself on the ride home. About six months later he was riding that thing with no troubles!

As far as things I can do that other family members can't -- I'm the only muso in the family. My mum used to play guitar but that was years ago, and I tried to teach my brother how to play but he couldn't grasp it.

...wow beardymac!... you were living so many Schoolboy's dreams you lucky stud muffin you!... I tried to ride a Unicycle once and almost ended up becoming a woman!... there's too much danger for 'the boys' if you come undone big time if you know what I mean... ouchies!...

...I'm the only one in my family that can paint and draw... although my dad used to be one of those guys that would do murals on Tanks and fighter planes in World War Two... he was also a professional Photographer too at one stage... my brother is mechanically minded and my sister all things to do with computers... my mum was... well... just mum but she was the brains of the outfit in our family lol!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
wow, that is fucked up, beardy mac. i hope that student teacher is in jail, or has stopped teaching all together.

:laugh:
...my sweet darling wife and I just returned home from a resort in Nelson's Bay near Newcastle in NSW a couple of hours ago... along one of the walks along the foreshore I saw a juggler doing his show while my darling wife and her daughter were shopping (of course lol!)... he reminded me of a kid at school that used to juggle stuff to our amazement... he tried to teach a few of us on how to do it... I could never achieve it myself... (jeez that annoyed the shit out of me)... many years later I met my darling wife... she can juggle 3-4 balls or whatever too... I sooooo envy her for being able to do that...

...two questions for you guys and dolls... can you juggle?... and also... could any of the kids at your School do amazing things that you couldn't do?... or even members of your own family... can they do things that you can't?... just curious... cheers.

Pmsl Mr S at imagining you trying to unicycle:laugh: That is impressive the kid that learnt to ride it.

List of bragging rights (some):shamefully:

A mate in highschool was double jointed so she could do that freaky contortionist stuff with her arms, elbows, legs. We always got a laugh out of watching her bend her joints backwards.

I can only manage to juggle two balls (not impressive). I was quite envious as a kid that so many of my cousins were musos and singers. Well I was in the school choir myself so I guess I couldn't have been to bad:p.

My niece is an awesome drummer (my very own Sheila E in the family):D.

Ok there is more but that's enough bragging for one morning. ;)

The Ferals!
Does anyone else remember them?

They were one of my favourites.

I know there is a war online with the original series vs. Feral TV and it seems like I might be the only one who likes both.

Feral TV can be pretty amusing at times for example:

Though I guess everybody has a different sense of humour!

Back