Skip to main content

...the many things that you remember as a kid or teenager...

Title pages, running writing, project books, Clag glue....

I always remember the very first story my teacher read to us on my first day of school. I was enthralled.
)
9780859537278.jpg
That reminds me of being in grade 1 (1968), sitting on the floor directly in front of the teacher as she read The Magic Faraway Tree to us. I was equally fascinated by the story and that I could see right along Miss Flett's legs,(demurely sitting too) up into her miniskirt and see her pale coloured underpants.

...unfortunately I was always on detention for something or another and was forever getting the cane (or 'the cuts') as we used to call them lol!... erm... I did mention that I was a little shit of a kid didn't I?... lol!... cheers.
Hahaha yes you have mentioned your childhood shenanigans here in this thread and I have gotten a great laugh from reading them.:laugh:

...does anyone remember the old 'Globite' School cases?... like these below?...

IS-3303-0005_blur5-450x400.jpg
338862.jpg

...if you got given a nice new shiny one like this below...

brown_vintage_style_school_case_1024x1024.jpg

...your mates used to mock you and take the piss out of you all day so what I did when my parents gave me a new one I used to jump on it/throw it up against walls/drag it through dirt and gravel to 'rough it up' to make it look like it's a beaten up crap School case before I got on the bus and train to School lol!...

...when I got home and mum and dad saw the brand new case in such a state and they got upset and asked me what happened I just told them that the other kids were just jealous that my case was so new and did that to it lol!... they believed me every time... (at least my dad used to pretend that he did but I'm positive that he really knew what happened to it but just never let on... nothing really got past that smart cookie lol!)...

...it was bad enough if you took a brand new Globite case to our School but if you DARED to take a... to take a... (I can't say it!)... if you dared to take a... BRIEFCASE instead of the Globite case your life at School was hell forever!.. lol!... the ones with 'posh' briefcases were hunted down like prey to a pack of Wolves to be ridiculed to the end of days lol!... (I always felt sorry for those kids... okay... so their parents had money... so what?)...

...anyhow... towards the end of the final year at High School we all started to spray paint artwork onto them with everything from rock group logos to skulls and zombies or whatever... the School Principle tried banning them but we didn't care... it was the last year of School so what could he really do to about 30 of us?... ban us from School?... lol!... so he had to let it ride so that was a major victory for us rebels lol!... such fun days... cheers.

School bags and pencil cases covered in stickers if they were vinyl, or written on in marker pen if they were canvas.
Names of pop stars and football teams (mostly added by "cool" kids who signed your bag and wrote whatever they wanted).

Listening to a bunch of oldies about their school life was a lot more exciting than I thought!

Thanks for sharing all your stories! They're REALLY interesting

...hahaha!... that's what we use to call our parents back in the 70's... 'the Oldies' <---- Kapow!... an instant flashback right there folks!... lol!... thanks for that BigBrotherCritic... cheers.

...does anyone remember the old 'Globite' School cases?... like these below?...

IS-3303-0005_blur5-450x400.jpg
338862.jpg

...if you got given a nice new shiny one like this below...

brown_vintage_style_school_case_1024x1024.jpg

...your mates used to mock you and take the piss out of you all day so what I did when my parents gave me a new one I used to jump on it/throw it up against walls/drag it through dirt and gravel to 'rough it up' to make it look like it's a beaten up crap School case before I got on the bus and train to School lol!...

...when I got home and mum and dad saw the brand new case in such a state and they got upset and asked me what happened I just told them that the other kids were just jealous that my case was so new and did that to it lol!... they believed me every time... (at least my dad used to pretend that he did but I'm positive that he really knew what happened to it but just never let on... nothing really got past that smart cookie lol!)...

...it was bad enough if you took a brand new Globite case to our School but if you DARED to take a... to take a... (I can't say it!)... if you dared to take a... BRIEFCASE instead of the Globite case your life at School was hell forever!.. lol!... the ones with 'posh' briefcases were hunted down like prey to a pack of Wolves to be ridiculed to the end of days lol!... (I always felt sorry for those kids... okay... so their parents had money... so what?)...

...anyhow... towards the end of the final year at High School we all started to spray paint artwork onto them with everything from rock group logos to skulls and zombies or whatever... the School Principle tried banning them but we didn't care... it was the last year of School so what could he really do to about 30 of us?... ban us from School?... lol!... so he had to let it ride so that was a major victory for us rebels lol!... such fun days... cheers.

Omg not sure what the brand name for these were in Australia but I had one of these school bags in Primary School.

I have photographic evidence (photo taken of me by Dad ready for my first day in Kindergarten):snaphappy: eek I am old :laugh:
Yes! Mine were leather so lasted me for quite some time. Jesus sandals.
I remember wearing these sandals in Primary School but we just called them JC sandals. Gym boots were cool to wear too.

...our local roller rink was THE place to meet girls in the 70's... I was only 50/50 with balance on roller skates whereas my younger brother was like a local celebrity because he could do anything and everything on skates and was always getting the girls hanging around him... and yes... I was green with envy because of it lol!... the lucky bastard!...

...although when it came to surfing I wasn't that good at it but so much better than him at least lol!... speaking of surfing... nude surfing at Primbee Beach in Wollongong was very hazardous I have to say... (a little tip... if you ever do nude surfing... put Zinc sunscreen on your todger... a Kentucky Fried knob really does hurt... trust me!)... um... too much information?...

...we used to go surfing in a late 60's 'Kombi Van' with surfboard roof racks on top of it... just imagine how much that would be worth now in mint condition today?... (which it was at the time)... my mate sold it real cheap a few years after we stopped surfing... I bet he regrets it now... man they are worth a lot now... happy days my friends... happy days!... cheers.

Back