Skip to main content

...meet and greets... anyone interested?...

has a meetup ever happened on this forum before?

...I've been here for quite a few years and don't really ever recall seeing a group get together to be honest my friend... I've seen a couple of people get together when one of them was just happening to be visiting someone in another state but never a group... that's why I wasn't sure if it was breaking any Forum rules by posting this thread in the first place... cheers.

...I've been here for quite a few years and don't really ever recall seeing a group get together to be honest my friend... I've seen a couple of people get together when one of them was just happening to be visiting someone in another state but never a group... that's why I wasn't sure if it was breaking any Forum rules by posting this thread in the first place... cheers.

well it is a great idea. i was just surprised someone hadn't thought of it sooner.

...me too reepbot... it really only came about with an 'off the cuff' comment between Groover and myself and it seemed like a 'why-hasn't-anyone-done-this-before?' type of moment... I think that two lightglobes suddenly appeared above Groover's and my head at the same time lol!... I'm glad that it did... it's going to be fun... cheers.

There were meet ups, romances, jobs and all kinds of sociable stuff, with crosses with other boards when chat rooms and forums were big and we all learnt techie tricks and shit from online boffins.

Most of those posters are gone.

I used to meet up every BB finale with another forum, and went to weddings, hen parties and all kinds of stuff.
Some posters here were part of 2 other forums, and we arranged meet ups there more, but they have always been part of this place

There were meet ups, romances, jobs and all kinds of sociable stuff, with crosses with other boards when chat rooms and forums were big and we all learnt techie tricks and shit from online boffins.

I used to meet up every BB finale with another forum, and went to weddings, hen parties and all kinds of stuff.
Some posters here were part of 2 other forums, and we arranged meet ups there more, but they have always been part of this place

This forum is like the ship of Thesus.

I wannna come, boohoo, I want to meet @Mr Stickyfingers and eat cake :(
Hey, Melbourne posters could do similar at Om Nom...

Head-chef-Christy-Tania-Masterchef.jpeg

View attachment 51496
I'm happy to meet up with Melbourne people.

...oh okay kxk... that sounds like it was before my time but that sounds great... how come it slowly died off?... people just move on I guess?... oh well... perhaps this is the dawn of a new era of Forum member interactivity perhaps?... jeez it would be good to see other states do it too... I mean... we all talk on here on a 95% friendly basis all of the time unless a spat erupts between some members on occasions but that's like arguing with your brother or sisters to me... you all lash out but you still love and respect each other in the end don't you?...

...this is what I love about these forums... I used to be a member of about half a dozen forums at some time or another and was an Admin on two of them until I had my first stroke about 6 years ago now... my Doctors told me that stroke was caused by too much stress at the time with my job etc and that I needed to have a more 'peaceful' life around me... I chose to give away all those forums where it was just constant fighting/bitchiness and downright unpleasantness all round... (some Forums out there are a cut throat place to be... they are just plain vicious)... I chose to stay with just one Forum and that was this... I love it!... people are so relaxed and just plain bloody nice!... (well 95% of the time at least lol)... that's also why I have a lot of time for the Admins on this site... they are always fair and only jump in when someone gets out of hand... (being an ex-Admin twice before I know what a thankless job that is at times believe me lol!)...

...so becoming friends with people on these Forums is a real pleasurable experience for me personally and getting the chance to actually meet some of you wonderful people will be an absolutely fantabulous experience indeed... that's why I'm so happy that Groover and I fumbled and stumbled upon creating this thread... it will be a fun time I'm sure... haha!... I love you guys and gals!... there I've said it!... lol!... (why do I have this compelling urge to gather a group of people around a campfire to hold hands and all sing 'Kumbaya'?)... lol!... cheers.

Awwww. Now I want a live link to/from Bavaria. Ok gonna ask - who else is in Bavaria?! We could have a Meetup here tooooo......

...perhaps we can talk SBS into doing a special Live broadcast of the event or something Mooseface? ... I mean... they did cover Eurovision and the FA Cup just recently didn't they?... they were great events weren't they?... ;):whistling::rolleyes::biggrin:... cheers.

...oh okay kxk... that sounds like it was before my time but that sounds great... how come it slowly died off?... people just move on I guess?... oh well... perhaps this is the dawn of a new era of Forum member interactivity perhaps?... jeez it would be good to see other states do it too... I mean... we all talk on here on a 95% friendly basis all of the time unless a spat erupts between some members on occasions but that's like arguing with your brother or sisters to me... you all lash out but you still love and respect each other in the end don't you?...

...this is what I love about these forums... I used to be a member of about half a dozen forums at some time or another and was an Admin on two of them until I had my first stroke about 6 years ago now... my Doctors told me that stroke was caused by too much stress at the time with my job etc and that I needed to have a more 'peaceful' life around me... I chose to give away all those forums where it was just constant fighting/bitchiness and downright unpleasantness all round... (some Forums out there are a cut throat place to be... they are just plain vicious)... I chose to stay with just one Forum and that was this... I love it!... people are so relaxed and just plain bloody nice!... (well 95% of the time at least lol)... that's also why I have a lot of time for the Admins on this site... they are always fair and only jump in when someone gets out of hand... (being an ex-Admin twice before I know what a thankless job that is at times believe me lol!)...

...so becoming friends with people on these Forums is a real pleasurable experience for me personally and getting the chance to actually meet some of you wonderful people will be an absolutely fantabulous experience indeed... that's why I'm so happy that Groover and I fumbled and stumbled upon creating this thread... it will be a fun time I'm sure... haha!... I love you guys and gals!... there I've said it!... lol!... (why do I have this compelling urge to gather a group of people around a campfire to hold hands and all sing 'Kumbaya'?)... lol!... cheers.

Bwah at this rate I think it's going to be a very small circle singing "Kumbaya":singing:

:laugh:

Bwah at this rate I think it's going to be a very small circle singing "Kumbaya":singing:

:laugh:

...yeah it is looking like this idea is becoming a bit of a flop isn't it my sweet?... it's still a go with me regardless... it'll be a pleasure to meet you Groover... two complete nutters meeting each other... what can go wrong?... lol!... with both of our inner voices meeting each other we could be there for days!... lol!... cheers.

...yeah it is looking like this idea is becoming a bit of a flop isn't it my sweet?... it's still a go with me regardless... it'll be a pleasure to meet you Groover... two complete nutters meeting each other... what can go wrong?... lol!... with both of our inner voices meeting each other we could be there for days!... lol!... cheers.
Likewise meeting you will be awesome. :woot: I resemble that remark (nutter) :wacky: Bwahaha :laugh:

Haha dessert may end up being dinner included later.

Dessert before dinner is ok isn't it? O_O

:D

Likewise meeting you will be awesome. :woot: I resemble that remark (nutter) :wacky: Bwahaha :laugh:

Haha dessert may end up being dinner included later.

Dessert before dinner is ok isn't it? O_O

:D

...haha!... it sounds like a plan... no worries!... cheers.

Back