Skip to main content

...meet and greets... anyone interested?...

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
...hey all... (I hope that I'm not breaking any Forum rules by posting this thread but if I am I'd like to apologise up front to the Admins... if it's in the wrong section I will understand if it is shifted elsewhere)...

...anyhow... moving on... over on the 'Masterchef' thread my good friend Groover and I spoke of a possible get together in June or July with as many of you wonderful people that we can muster up... and it being in the 'Koi Dessert Bar' that is run by Reynolds who is a former contestant on 'Masterchef'... this is the link to his website and some photos of the place and some of his food...

http://www.koidessertbar.com.au/

17-05-2016-11-42-44-am-jpg.51478

17-05-2016-11-45-47-am-jpg.51475

17-05-2016-11-40-54-am-jpg.51476

17-05-2016-11-44-42-am-jpg.51480

17-05-2016-11-41-52-am-jpg.51477

17-05-2016-11-43-29-am-jpg.51479

17-05-2016-11-39-36-am-jpg.51481

17-05-2016-11-38-50-am-jpg.51483

...we're thinking of a Saturday morning or lunchtime or just after lunch meeting because that time will probably suit most people and there will probably be a better chance of finding parking closer to the dessert bar if we choose one of those times...

...we have no confirmed date yet because we're waiting for a set date to be set by Delcan because it is all going to be set set around Delcan's flight schedule that lands in Sydney... we have to book two weeks ahead of time to get tables... when we know of the precise time we will post it on here quick pronto...

...both Groover and myself are hoping that we have at least more people than Delcan/Groover and myself turn up lol!... partners and spouses are welcome of course... the more the merrier... the desserts that you see in the photos apparently range between $8-$12 each just so you know... apparently their coffee is to die for and you may even get to meet Reynold himself if we are lucky... he's supposed to be there nearly always apparently...

...anyhow... that's about it so if you are interested just let us know in here obviously lol!... we're hoping to see you there if possible... who knows?... you may even survive Groovers and my insanity streaks to live and talk about it again lol!... just let us know... more information will be posted as soon as it available... we hope to see you there!... cheers.

20-05-2016 7-37-28 PM.jpg
...the dessert bar is located at 46 Kensington street in Chippendale in Sydney... it's not far from 'Central Station' so trains will get you there if you don't want to drive which is handy... as I said before parking in Kensington street and the surrounding streets are 'touch and go'... you just have to be lucky I guess... hence the reason for it being on a Saturday morning etc... there's more chance of finding a parking spot methinks!... that's about all the information that I can give you lovely people at the moment... oh!... just one more thing... the dessert bar is BYO alcohol if you feel like imbibing in a wee tipple lol!... cheers.

...hey all... (I hope that I'm not breaking any Forum rules by posting this thread but if I am I'd like to apologise up front to the Admins... if it's in the wrong section I will understand if it is shifted elsewhere)...

...anyhow... moving on... over on the 'Masterchef' thread my good friend Groover and I spoke of a possible get together in June or July with as many of you wonderful people that we can muster up... and it being in the 'Koi Dessert Bar' that is run by Reynolds who is a former contestant on 'Masterchef'... this is the link to his website and some photos of the place and some of his food...

http://www.koidessertbar.com.au/

17-05-2016-11-42-44-am-jpg.51478

17-05-2016-11-45-47-am-jpg.51475

17-05-2016-11-40-54-am-jpg.51476

17-05-2016-11-44-42-am-jpg.51480

17-05-2016-11-41-52-am-jpg.51477

17-05-2016-11-43-29-am-jpg.51479

17-05-2016-11-39-36-am-jpg.51481

17-05-2016-11-38-50-am-jpg.51483

...we're thinking of a Saturday morning or lunchtime or just after lunch meeting because that time will probably suit most people and there will probably be a better chance of finding parking closer to the dessert bar if we choose one of those times...

...we have no confirmed date yet because we're waiting for a set date to be set by Delcan because it is all going to be set set around Delcan's flight schedule that lands in Sydney... we have to book two weeks ahead of time to get tables... when we know of the precise time we will post it on here quick pronto...

...both Groover and myself are hoping that we have at least more people than Delcan/Groover and myself turn up lol!... partners and spouses are welcome of course... the more the merrier... the desserts that you see in the photos apparently range between $8-$12 each just so you know... apparently their coffee is to die for and you may even get to meet Reynold himself if we are lucky... he's supposed to be there nearly always apparently...

...anyhow... that's about it so if you are interested just let us know in here obviously lol!... we're hoping to see you there if possible... who knows?... you may even survive Groovers and my insanity streaks to live and talk about it again lol!... just let us know... more information will be posted as soon as it available... we hope to see you there!... cheers.

Argh, my work schedule means I'm just going to be able to fly in and out of Sydney, and not stay long enough to go anywhere. I'll tag in my fave Sydney crew @bleachy_dude, @jessy_girl, @Gemini, @Sweetgeek .... there are probably others but these are the ones who come to mind (and I am probably going to feel guilty for the ones I forgot later)

Argh, my work schedule means I'm just going to be able to fly in and out of Sydney, and not stay long enough to go anywhere. I'll tag in my fave Sydney crew @bleachy_dude, @jessy_girl, @Gemini, @Sweetgeek .... there are probably others but these are the ones who come to mind (and I am probably going to feel guilty for the ones I forgot later)

...oh that's a shame Delcan... work commitments come first so all is good... so it leaves us open to arrange it for any time really now doesn't it?... if we get some names together then we'll arrange a set time that suits everyone for sure... as I said... the more the merrier... I was so looking forward to seeing you Delcan... maybe there will be a next time some time in the future possibly?... until then we'll just continue to move on with this methinks!... thanks for letting us know... cheers.

And from even more distant Bavaria....

...oh wow!... Bavaria?... you're from all the way over there?... for some reason or another I always thought that you were from the USA Mooseface... consider me now updated lol!... I guess travelling all those thousands of kilometres just for a couple of expensive cakes is a bit too much to expect eh?... lol!... cheers.

And not quite so distant (but unfortunately too far to join you) Goondiwindi

...one day my sweet darling wife and I may pop into Goondiwindi and pay my favourite Vicar of Dibley a visit ;):thumbsup:... we've decided that the next time we travel by car from Sydney to the outskirts of Brisbane that we we'll do it via an inland route for a change so you never know QTKT... that next knock on you Church door may be us lol!... it would be either towards the end of this year or early next year... so you have been warned and have plenty of time to prepare your escape lol!... cheers.

Awwww what a great idea. If I was east side I would love to come for cake!!! Reynolds cakes at that too!

...yeah that is a shame eh?... I imagine that we would have got on well somehow shaydee... those cakes do look nice don't they?... my sugar levels are gonna be a jumpin' baby!... but you do have to have some treats don't you?... ya jus' have tah!... cheers.

Back