Skip to main content

My Kitchen Rules 2016

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
Continuing the conversation from the TV thread here...

Is it worth doing a My Kitchen Rules thread this year? I watched it, but I don't have much to say about it yet.

I flicked between that and I'm a Celeb last night, the success to both of these shows is in the casting. MKR seems alright in this regard, entertaining characters and clear villains. They had the glam lawyer couple in their Porsche saying that winning $250k wouldn't really make a difference to their life because they already earn so much. Umm ok? Maybe go home then? Seriously, if you don't need the money and you have a job that involves people taking you seriously then why go on reality tv? But that's their "thing" this season I guess. Overall good cast.

I liked most of them so far. Well not "liked" in regard to that couple, espexcially Zana who is better than everyone at everything, but she'll be entertaining. I liked the women mates, and the mother and son team.

Yes that's the thing, I feel I love to hate them at least which is where they get casting right as oppose to just truly hating them. I don't know anybody's names yet, but it looks like generally good viewing I think.

Although the other villain they have been advertising - the "healthy" one - looks like she might be genuinely annoying as oppose to at least entertaining like Zana.

Yay! I wasn't sure if everyone else was watching I'm a celeb only :) I missed the night it started but I cannot stand Bonnie Lithgoe so I can't see me bothering to try and watch.

I think MKR is the first show I have looked forward to watching in months!

...as I posted in the 'I'm a celeb' thread... I'll decide tomorrow lol!...

Yep I started one today, come and join myself and jessy and isee and hopefully anyone else who wants to join in.

...aw nuts!... I'd love to do that but I can't possibly desert this one being that I'm already posting in here...lol!... I'll have to make a decision perhaps tomorrow onwards... actually... being that the majority of posters are an hour or two behind I might tape this show and watch MKR and then when that is finished replay it as they are watching it unfold in their timezone and post with them then!... (my brain hurts now)... cheers.

These siblings do seem really nice I have to say. Venison was way too risky a choice though I feel, it's so hard to get that right.

Although apparently the contestants submit something like 50 recipes per course and get hold the day before which ones they are cooking. I still would not submit venison as an option through.

Zana has gone beyond type A personality into proper neurotic and it's only night 2.

... I just flicked over during a commercial break and that wild boar looks so yummy!... on 'I'm a celeb' they are eating grubs and rat's droppings... I'd like to see them serve that to the lawyer husband and wife team (whatever their names are?)... lol!... cheers.

Loose-lipped cougar woman is terrifying.
Young Jordan said he *might* take her up on her offer one day.. but somehow I don't think ladies are his thing.
lol I thought that too!

...that Lawyer woman Zana said that she deals with such nasty people in the courts all the time while looking straight at the Police women... I assume that she is this years 'nasty bitch' that has been cast for everyone to hate this year... she's living up to that title so far if she is the one methinks!... I can't wait for her turn to cook... also... her husband... when he does actually talk instead of just sitting there obediently nodding his head every time she speaks... I keep looking to see if her hand is up his back and is operating the lever to move his mouth... she doesn't like 'dirtiness' either because an ant dared to walk across the table?... hahaha!... as I say... I can't wait for their turn to cook lol!... cheers.

I caught the tail end of the show last night. How divine was that dessert? I wanted to reach into my television (ala Willy Wonker style) and gobble up that black forest dessert.

I was chuffed Manu gave them a score of 10 for it. Pete shits me when he is critiquing and smiling at the same time. Damn annoying.

...that Lawyer woman Zana said that she deals with such nasty people in the courts all the time while looking straight at the Police women... I assume that she is this years 'nasty bitch' that has been cast for everyone to hate this year... she's living up to that title so far if she is the one methinks!... I can't wait for her turn to cook... also... her husband... when he does actually talk instead of just sitting there obediently nodding his head every time she speaks... I keep looking to see if her hand is up his back and is operating the lever to move his mouth... she doesn't like 'dirtiness' either because an ant dared to walk across the table?... hahaha!... as I say... I can't wait for their turn to cook lol!... cheers.

Haha yep that is one whipped dude. I feel like maybe one time he offered his own opinion and she yelled at him and he now has a gaping hole where his spine once was. His role in life seemed to be to agree with everything she says and only offer "his" opinion after she has established her own.

But it's only been 2 days... let's see...

Haha yep that is one whipped dude. I feel like maybe one time he offered his own opinion and she yelled at him and he now has a gaping hole where his spine once was. His role in life seemed to be to agree with everything she says and only offer "his" opinion after she has established her own.

But it's only been 2 days... let's see...

He was laughing at her over thinking carrot skin was hair... I bet the poor guy paid for that later.
Who knows with people though. Maybe he likes being bossed around, like the other guy likes being a "cub" to the "cougar".

He was laughing at her over thinking carrot skin was hair... I bet the poor guy paid for that later.
Who knows with people though. Maybe he likes being bossed around, like the other guy likes being a "cub" to the "cougar".

Haha yes can you imagine? And it's true, some people genuinely like having a bossy partner. Personally I've never understood it but maybe that's just my personality. My sister is actually a bit like this with her future hubby though maybe not as much of a bitch about it as Zana has so far been portrayed. There are lots of different relationship roles really, whatever makes people happy I guess. Seriously F that though, I could never.

I find this couple a bit creepy. It's not even the age gap really, I've found other cougar/cub things to be quite sweet actually, but she seems too full on and he has a slightly creepy way of speaking to her. But I guess just like Zana this is their "thing".

I find this couple a bit creepy. It's not even the age gap really, I've found other cougar/cub things to be quite sweet actually, but she seems too full on and he has a slightly creepy way of speaking to her. But I guess just like Zana this is their "thing".
yip - yeah we get it you are cougar and cub. Honestly if they hadn't have said it I wouldn't have thought there was that much of an age gap. They are just playing it up for TV a bit too much!

Despite my earlier annoyance I do feel bad for them - they really haven't done so well. Last nights dessert was the best thing ever, but this one looks alright.

Back