Skip to main content

2016 Today I...

Do you remember your dreams?

...I nearly always remember most of my dreams reepbot... especially since my last stroke in February... they are usually quite clear and vivid... mostly memories from within my life...some family members and friends seem to think that when I had the strokes that I may have forgotten some of those memories and that as time is going by that I'm having those dreams and memories while asleep which is the process of my brain trying to recapture them all again as my brain and body slowly recovers from it... that makes so much sense to me...

...before the strokes I used to remember many of my dreams that were 'non-memories'... it was just my dreams from everything around me I guess... a couple of people think that because I paint and draw that my dreams are just part of my artistic nature shining through... when I was in my teens through to about my early 30's I used to have a drawing pad and a pencil beside our bed and as I was about to wake up and I was half asleep-half awake I would keep my eyes closed and sketch what I could remember... I have to say... there were quite some weird sketches believe me lol!... (I'm not really sure as to why I eventually stopped doing that to be honest)... I did the same thing if I woke up in the middle of the night and did the sketches in the pitch black darkness too...

...so before my strokes I mainly dreamed creative and strange things... after my strokes they are mainly just memories coming back to me I guess... it's just so amazing how the mind works methinks!... in both cases I usually remember most of the details of my dreams... I suppose that I'm quite lucky in that respect... I've never really thought of it to be honest until you put that question to Winterbourne... I hope that you don't mind me butting into your conversation but you got me really thinking about that question... I just had to say what I said... :redface::shy::smile:... cheers.

The new Terrarium you have made is AMAZING! @Mr Stickyfingers
...well guess what?... I've spent the entire day creating that very thing... I'd like to present to you my very first messterpiece of 2016... tadaaa!... my new Carnivorous Terrarium!...

What kind of tools do you use for the planting?

The new Terrarium you have made is AMAZING! @Mr Stickyfingers

What kind of tools do you use for the planting?

...thankyou so much Daltrim... that is so nice of you... I've made them all from scratch actually... they all have bamboo handles that I was using for small garden stakes as you can see in this photo next to the first Terrarium that I created below... they are all held together with good old duct tape lol!...

DSC00685.JPG

...they are just made from old forks and spoons and a blade from a stanley knife and a piece of wire with a hook-like curve to it and a piece of plastic to act as a trowel...that wiggly shape wire thing that you see in the middle opens up by squeezing the wire together to release a plant wherever I want to in the bottle... that piece of towel that is in a ball shape is for cleaning the inside glass surface in the bottle itself... it's held onto the wire with velcro tape for easy replacement... I could probably buy a professional set of tools but as you have probably figured out I love to make things myself and just improvise with tools that I make myself lol!... I could easily afford to buy them but it would take all the fun away from it as far as I'm concerned... I'm so glad that you liked it... :)... cheers.

Was given some chocolate treats from a Customer tonight, that said I looked after her - even though that is my job ...... Nice thought and even nicer since I did not receive 1 gift over xmas (apart for my Mums donation) I am wondering now if she likes me .........

...thankyou so much Daltrim... that is so nice of you... I've made them all from scratch actually... they all have bamboo handles that I was using for small garden stakes as you can see in this photo next to the first Terrarium that I created below... they are all held together with good old duct tape lol!...

View attachment 50974
.....that piece of towel that is in a ball shape is for cleaning the inside glass surface in the bottle itself... it's held onto the wire with velcro tape for easy replacement... I could probably buy a professional set of tools but as you have probably figured out I love to make things myself and just improvise with tools that I make myself lol!... I could easily afford to buy them but it would take all the fun away from it as far as I'm concerned... I'm so glad that you liked it... :)... cheers.

Very impressive! ^
The ball made out of towelling is a great idea for cleaning.

View attachment 50974

...they are just made from old forks and spoons and a blade from a stanley knife and a piece of wire with a hook-like curve to it and a piece of plastic to act as a trowel...that wiggly shape wire thing that you see in the middle opens up by squeezing the wire together to release a plant wherever I want to in the bottle... that piece of towel that is in a ball shape is for cleaning the inside glass surface in the bottle itself... it's held onto the wire with velcro tape for easy replacement... I could probably buy a professional set of tools but as you have probably figured out I love to make things myself and just improvise with tools that I make myself lol!... I could easily afford to buy them but it would take all the fun away from it as far as I'm concerned... I'm so glad that you liked it... :)... cheers.
You are so handy Mr Sticky. And your herb garden is fabulous. My dad loved his garden. He had herbs, tomatoes lettuce, cucumbers, corn, zucchini, and many more. Just in the back yard. For the past 10 years he and mum would make their own red wine, and bottle it. This last batch though he needed help with it as he was unwell. He loved birds too. Each morning he would throw some bird seeds on the lawn and about 30 doves would come( not the white doves). After a while, each morning they would be waiting for him. Since he has passed, they don't come anymore. But strange thing happened yesterday. I was leaving to go see my mum, she lives 20 min away, and outside on the front lawn, there would of been 25 doves. There was no food there for them. We never had birds like that on our lawn. Was so many of them. We have his funeral service tomorrow and I just don't know how we are going to cope.

You are so handy Mr Sticky. And your herb garden is fabulous. My dad loved his garden. He had herbs, tomatoes lettuce, cucumbers, corn, zucchini, and many more. Just in the back yard. For the past 10 years he and mum would make their own red wine, and bottle it. This last batch though he needed help with it as he was unwell. He loved birds too. Each morning he would throw some bird seeds on the lawn and about 30 doves would come( not the white doves). After a while, each morning they would be waiting for him. Since he has passed, they don't come anymore. But strange thing happened yesterday. I was leaving to go see my mum, she lives 20 min away, and outside on the front lawn, there would of been 25 doves. There was no food there for them. We never had birds like that on our lawn. Was so many of them. We have his funeral service tomorrow and I just don't know how we are going to cope.

...thakyou shadow2... your dad sounds awesome... it seems like him and I would've got on quite well together and would've been good mates from the sounds of it... many years ago I used to make my own whisky/bourbon/vodka and rum in in big bottles in my shed... I never tried to make wine though... maybe he could've given me some good tips at the time eh?... lol!... I used to brew home made beer with my brother too for several years until I was working outside in the garden and kept drinking the beer all day... my darling wife wondered where I was and went looking for me around the yard... she found me fast asleep in our big stinky compost garden behind the shed at the time... flies were hovering all around me too lol!... needless to say... I stopped brewing my own beer from then onwards... it tasted too nice and was too easily available... lol!...

...my heart is with you all at the funeral tomorrow shadow2... I hope that the day goes well for you all... I lost my dad 12 years ago and my mum 2 years ago... I know exactly how you feel my friend... take care... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers,

"...thanks bleachy my good friend... I have one more big Lab bottle like that one but it's all gnarly and really scratched up... I was thinking of putting in some really ugly sort of plants of some kind to compliment the crappy looking bottle lol!... I don't really know what to put in that one but I'm sooooo open to suggestions lol!... I can't put mean looking Cacti in it because they don't fare well at all in closed steamy environments at all... so as I say... does anyone have any suggestions?... cheers."

How about filling the container with small sea shells?

@Mr Stickyfingers,

"...thanks bleachy my good friend... I have one more big Lab bottle like that one but it's all gnarly and really scratched up... I was thinking of putting in some really ugly sort of plants of some kind to compliment the crappy looking bottle lol!... I don't really know what to put in that one but I'm sooooo open to suggestions lol!... I can't put mean looking Cacti in it because they don't fare well at all in closed steamy environments at all... so as I say... does anyone have any suggestions?... cheers."

How about filling the container with small sea shells?

...hmmmm... that sounds pretty gnarly Daltrim... great suggestion my friend... (Sticky takes a mental note to oneself)... **'Self !... sea shells!**... thanks Daltrim... cheers.

Today I didn't do much of anything except try avoid the heat,we are having a Heatwave and a drought in certain parts of the country.
but Yesterday I went and ordered my new computer.....so excited it's a gaming computer and can handle all my design stuff and everything else I do.My poor old computer packed up three days before Christmas and poor hubby,he bought me a whole bunch of things that had to be used in my computer

Today I didn't do much of anything except try avoid the heat,we are having a Heatwave and a drought in certain parts of the country.
but Yesterday I went and ordered my new computer.....so excited it's a gaming computer and can handle all my design stuff and everything else I do.My poor old computer packed up three days before Christmas and poor hubby,he bought me a whole bunch of things that had to be used in my computer

...well that's great news from you Lindsay... it's good to have you back on board again... it's so frustrating when your computer goes tits up isn't it?... did you lose any important files?... there's nothing worse than when you lose important files or family photos... that happened to me... :mad::arghh::sorry:... cheers.

...well that's great news from you Lindsay... it's good to have you back on board again... it's so frustrating when your computer goes tits up isn't it?... did you lose any important files?... there's nothing worse than when you lose important files or family photos... that happened to me... :mad::arghh::sorry:... cheers.
Luckily the C-drive was okay,hubby had some gadget that he saved from an external and I was able to plug it in and backup all my kits and get the kit I was working on and get that uploaded.I haven't been able to play guild wars 2 and trying to design anything on hubbies laptop is so frustrating.I am hoping he can install my C-drive and partition it so my programs will still work

Luckily the C-drive was okay,hubby had some gadget that he saved from an external and I was able to plug it in and backup all my kits and get the kit I was working on and get that uploaded.I haven't been able to play guild wars 2 and trying to design anything on hubbies laptop is so frustrating.I am hoping he can install my C-drive and partition it so my programs will still work

...I hope that it all works out for you Lindsay... your hubby sounds pretty clued up so good luck on all of that... cheers.

...I guess that my gardening things that I'm posting all of the time is probably getting a tad bit tiresome and **YAWN**... 'old hat' by now but I just have to show you this just to get it out of my system... I guess that you all remember the first terrarium that I did... this one below...

DSC00693.JPG

DSC00694.JPG

...well after the success of my second Terrarium (the Carnivorous Plant one) I just couldn't help myself and revamped my first Terrarium to include some Carnivorous Plants too... (some of the original plants went all scrawny and tattered... hence the reason for the change)... so here is the result of the revamp...

DSC00892.JPG

DSC00887.JPG

DSC00880.JPG

DSC00889.JPG

DSC00886.JPG

DSC00882.JPG

...so now I have two natural forms of insect control working for us on our back deck now lol!... do you see that closed #1 (arrow pointing to it) Venus Fly Trap leaf at the front of the last image?... that is a trapped fly in there... I was just checking to see how the bottle was going a few hours after having done it and as I was watching a fly was walking around the lip of the open bottle and crawled inside and half flew around in there for a while... realising that there wasn't really much room to fly around in there he just started to walk around and eventually went between the prongs of that particular leaf and it closed instantly... he kept shaking around in there after it had closed on him for about 10 minutes while I watched... I'm sure that he kept shouting out "HELP MEEEE!... HELP MEEEEEEE!"... just like that poor schmuck in the movie 'The Fly' lol!... I'm sure that I did lol!...

...#2... #3 and #4... have their leaves closed too so I'm assuming that they have trapped some bugs too... I went back out about 2 hours later and am sure that I could still see a little movement in the leaf but it was only just moving so I assume that the plant has started 'digesting' it lol!... (shudder!... just how would that feel?)... lol!... anyhow... I've got it out of my system now and I'll try not to post anymore 'gardening stuff' for a while... I promise... lol!... cheers.

Back