Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

That's actually not bad...

My Lawd!

Is this a compliment... from Kingston...

church-lady-faint.gif

Because when BBUS was re-tooled in to what it is today it was never intended to be the same style of big entertainment show as BBAU was... I mean for 9 years of the show BB did not even have a studio audience... I could not imagine a hyped up BBAU style theme and then cutting to Julie in an empty studio... It would be completely anticlimactic...

It could work now that there's an audience. And don't forget, there have been times where the AU version's cut to Gretel in the control room.

It could work now that there's an audience. And don't forget, there have been times where the AU version's cut to Gretel in the control room.

No... No... And No... BBAU is still somewhat of a big entertainment show vs BBUS which is essentially just a real life soap opera... If the only reason you can think of is the fact that BBUS now has a live audience you're a bigger idiot than I initially thought... A theme like BBAU's on a show like BBUS would be like moving an arena tour style concert in to a small club venue... It just wouldn't work...

Last edited:
Big Brother US is a poor man's boring (for the most part) contrived Survivor rip off.

That is all.

Can't stand BB US. So foul.

BB US is the worst adaption of the franchise of all. Blergh.

It's been running continuously on the same network for the last 15 years and has racked up 17 series... It may not be your cup of tea but you've got to give them a little bit of credit... Because whether or not you want to admit it they've obviously done something right...

I mean no one thought the show would be renewed and revamped the way it was after the failed first series and it's gone on to be one of the highest rated summer programs in the US and Canada... It's also got one of the biggest and most loyal fan bases of any global BB franchise... For a reality program that has been running as long as BBUS has it hasn't really suffered the same erosion in ratings that other long running shows such as Survivor, American Idol, or The Amazing Race have seen... Looking at other global BB's it's also one of the strongest preforming shows in the franchise if not the strongest...

It has also undoubtedly had one of the biggest influences over the global franchise outside of BBUK... I can think of at least a handful of ways it influenced BBAU over the years... BB Canada would not exist without BBUS having been as successful... BB Brazil skipped the traditional format and went full on with the BBUS format from the start... BB Portugal also adopted the full US format for one series... There is currently an American Spanish language version currently in development that will be based on BBUS... Even BBUK which has traditionally been a trailblazer in terms of developing it's own unique twists borrowed elements from BBUS... There are also countless other international versions that have adapted the format in one way or another...

So as I said before it may not be to your exact tastes... But you've got to give it credit where it's due...

I have to strongly disagree with that statement my friend... If I could be bothered to find time in my schedule to watch, it would likely hold my attention for an entire series... BBUK nowadays is COMPLETELY unwatchable... This last series barely kept my attention through the premier episode... I gave a few of the daily shows that followed a shot and quickly gave up... I just can't with that show anymore...

I have to strongly disagree with that statement my friend... If I could be bothered to find time in my schedule to watch, it would likely hold my attention for an entire series... BBUK nowadays is COMPLETELY unwatchable... This last series barely kept my attention through the premier episode... I gave a few of the daily shows that followed a shot and quickly gave up... I just can't with that show anymore...
At least it's close to Australian Big Brother, since we basically rip everything from them

BBUSA surprised us all by outlasting the major English versions - and it's still going strong too. Yes, they deviated from the format but long term that has somewhat paid off - although it's as much attitude as it is the format. They still let the game play out in the way it did a decade ago - twists are actually twists, not the norm.

The mistake BBUSA made with it's first series was they didn't tailor it to the US market at all - they basically stuck to the Holland format and their TV market is very very different. BBUK was the first to change to the weekly eviction format, with most new versions launching subsequently following that format.

The point is though with Big Brother what works in one country doesn't work in another, and the BBUSA live show set up is quite different to that of BB Australia.

Just having a look at YT analytics and discovered that Spanish BigBbrother 16 (Hermano Gran 16)starts in two days and there is commentary that their "Secrets" promotion has been "copied" from BBAU9:

GoogleTranslate(d) :

'Big Brother 16', an edition of secrets ... arrived from Australia?

Big Brother 16 is about. Within weeks, Telecinco will kick off the new season of the reality king will come with important news. Some of them have been able to guess at the first promo of his return that the chain just opened.
This promo is not new Telecinco has copied a promo point by point to the ninth edition of Big Brother in Australia used to announce one of the most important developments of that year. Secrets.

Article (Spanish):
http://www.bluper.es/noticias/gran-hermano-16-edicion-secretos-australia

Direct link to Spanish BB16 Promo Video here:
http://www.bluper.es/video/primera-promo-gran-hermano-16

So, more international sharing. ;)

I don't hate BBUS but I agree with this statement. Big brother is about a social experiment and 24/7 survalience. The US format stirs away from this and makes the show feel too different. I openly admit to abandoning every US series I start to watch. It doesn't grab me. After giving it some serious thought I think BBAU needs to stay the way it is. If it's done properly it might just work. I've decided I'd hate to see it turn into BBUS.

If you see some of the comments on the Channel 10 Era BB on YouTube (Notably finales), there's a noticeable amount of American viewers who much prefer BBAU over BBUS due to a total lack of Back Stabbing and the fact that Australian Housemates are allowed to have fun.
So I guess even in America there's people who disagree with it.
After watching some BBUS, I have to agree with you, its just plain, boring and is a lot like survivor except nothing interesting happens except people backstab and bitch about everything. Also the soundtrack gets REALLY on my nerves.

If you see some of the comments on the Channel 10 Era BB on YouTube (Notably finales), there's a noticeable amount of American viewers who much prefer BBAU over BBUS due to a total lack of Back Stabbing and the fact that Australian Housemates are allowed to have fun.
So I guess even in America there's people who disagree with it.
After watching some BBUS, I have to agree with you, its just plain, boring and is a lot like survivor except nothing interesting happens except people backstab and bitch about everything. Also the soundtrack gets REALLY on my nerves.

I two have noticed this

Anyone have sound effects from the 2005-7 series?[DOUBLEPOST=1443457106][/DOUBLEPOST]or the 3 second cutscenes they had between switching over stuff xp

Back