Skip to main content

RANT!

<fingers in ears> la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

oh wait ...I'm reading this ....

<hands over eyes> la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

did you HAVE to tell me this? really!?!! shame on you ... and you too Sweetgeek - you should know better!!! lol

have 6 bars of Whittakers chocolate just brought back from NZ when I was over there
their new (to me at least) "Artisan collection"
the Marlborough Sea Salt and Peanut Brittle one was WONDERFUL so I went back and bought some of the others ... have only tried one piece .. ok TWO since husband didn't feel like a piece ... it was already broken off ... what's a crimmy to do?? everyone knows you cannot put a broken piece of choccie back in the pack ... it messes with the flavour and the calories ... everyone knows this - i'm not telling you anything new here ..

anyway so I tried the Nelson Pear and Manuka Honey variety last night ... not as wonderful as the Marlborough Sea Salt & Peanut Brittle ... but still very edible ;)

whittakers_artisan_collection_all_six_big_article-hero.jpg
Is it my imagination but are Whittakers chocolates being removed from Coles and Woolies? Couldn't find any in my local Coles and they were light on in Woolies in Prahran. I wanted their coconut rough which I got for almost $5. Unimpressed if they are discontinuing them.

Is it my imagination but are Whittakers chocolates being removed from Coles and Woolies? Couldn't find any in my local Coles and they were light on in Woolies in Prahran. I wanted their coconut rough which I got for almost $5. Unimpressed if they are discontinuing them.
Coconut rough has to be one of my favourite things! Not that I allow myself to eat a lot of chocolate, but when I do this is the chocolate I want. It will be a shame if they discontinue it.

I saw a post from Cadbury on FB saying THEIR coconut rough chocolate gets 'rested' during summer months ... maybe its a variety that doesn't sell as well once the temps start to climb ...

that can't be the reason though cos last time I was outside it was still freezing!!!!

Cadbury Dairy Milk
20 November 2011 ·
Did you know our Coconut Rough block hibernates in summer? They go into hiding very soon – so grab one before stock runs out!

Coconut rough has to be one of my favourite things! Not that I allow myself to eat a lot of chocolate, but when I do this is the chocolate I want. It will be a shame if they discontinue it.
I don't like coconut but love Coconut Rough and Cherry Ripes.

And while we're ranting about things that don't exist anymore...
What happened to cheese Pringles?

OMG I'm so excited.
Two days after posting this, I found CHEESE BURGER Pringles
0.jpg

in Coles. Haven't tried them yet but I'm hoping they are pretty much an uprgrade of the cheese ones and not something entirely different.

CHEESE BURGER Pringles

Epic fail.
Too salty, a bit like burger rings but not even as nice.
Why is everything so salty? I don't add salt to meals and I don't want my junk food saturated in it either.
Am I alone in this?

There should be a balance. A balance like in all things in this world. For without balance we are lost and alone, stumbling around with only the light to guide us. Are you a bear or a rabbit? I don't know. What i do know is that the leaves will always rustle.

Epic fail.
Too salty, a bit like burger rings but not even as nice.
Why is everything so salty? I don't add salt to meals and I don't want my junk food saturated in it either.
Am I alone in this?
Yeah salt might be in stuff for preservation?

Do you know that Pringles are like 47% potato!?

I loved milky bar Coconut flavour that was around in the early 2000's I still miss it

I really try to avoid junk food snacks, I know it doesn't look like it by how excited I get, but these days I do limit it to a few times a week and watch portion sizes, I feel that's better than depriving myself altogether. So it's a good thing I don't like these new Pringles. I'm more of a sweeth tooth than savoury, hence overly salty things are "not to my palette" (to quote that horrible woman from The Hotplate).

With the other 53 prercent being happiness and rainbows?

No, reepbot, don't be stupid. You can't make pringles out of that. Lord knows we tried that. Lost a lot of good people....I miss you Jerry you goddamned son of a bitch.

Sorry.

I need to rant, and yes, I know Trala will make some bitchy comment about how I am playing the victim card, but I don't care what she thinks - I have a right to be annoyed.

I came back after a month away from my house and found my internet through Optus was not working. I call them immediately, and it's probably a fault in your landline (which I don't use) - get a landline phone and check if there is a dial tone. I freaking haven't had a landline since 2006 so it takes me 4 days to borrow one from someone and lo and behold, landline is fine. I call again - don't mention the landline thing at all and they say we need to send a technician out, they'll be out in 24 hours - 72 hours later.... Nothing. I call them today and ask about the technician - they put me hold for 10 minutes then say "your connection was "accidentally" deactivated" and now I have to wait the 10-12 business days AGAIN to re activate it. I push that they don't charge me from when I first reported it until connection but im so annoyed the first two were so full of shit and just lied to waste my time and money. Fuck you Optus

I need to rant, and yes, I know Trala will make some bitchy comment about how I am playing the victim card, but I don't care what she thinks - I have a right to be annoyed.

I came back after a month away from my house and found my internet through Optus was not working. I call them immediately, and it's probably a fault in your landline (which I don't use) - get a landline phone and check if there is a dial tone. I freaking haven't had a landline since 2006 so it takes me 4 days to borrow one from someone and lo and behold, landline is fine. I call again - don't mention the landline thing at all and they say we need to send a technician out, they'll be out in 24 hours - 72 hours later.... Nothing. I call them today and ask about the technician - they put me hold for 10 minutes then say "your connection was "accidentally" deactivated" and now I have to wait the 10-12 business days AGAIN to re activate it. I push that they don't charge me from when I first reported it until connection but im so annoyed the first two were so full of shit and just lied to waste my time and money. Fuck you Optus

Wow, that sucks. Someone presses the wrong button and they make you wait that long to fix their mistake?

Wow, that sucks. Someone presses the wrong button and they make you wait that long to fix their mistake?

I know, right? And to give me the run around for weeks when there's nothing I could've done. and knowing I had been paying for it while I wasn't using it for a month thinking 'this means it will work when i get back - it's worth the $90' - it probably wasn't working the whole time I was away. Grrrr

Back