Skip to main content

Masterchef Australia 2015

I think Georgia has a lot of talent - but I do agree that if anything will be undoing it will be her emotions and her ability to hold it together at crucial times. If she can do that she sure has a chance!
She definitely picked the right person in Billie - I honestly don't know how she can remain that calm. She hardly even raises an eyebrow much less a sweat in sticky situations. I couldn't be like that, it's pretty impressive.

She's like... a FEMBOT!
From the little I have watched, Georgia was my favourite. I was interested in Rose too but got that she wouldn't last.

...someone else mentioned a few posts back that they hate the 'sob stories' that they come up with to con them into saving them in these elimination rounds and I totally agree!... and of course the... 'if I don't get this right I'm going home' crap that they always say too...these two things really get up my craw... other than that... this is far better than 'My Kitchen Rules' with all of that 'dramatic storylines' crap that they tend to shove in our faces though... this is my first season of Masterchef and it is by far a better show in my opinion...

...instead of the nasty little insults and back-stabbing that goes on in MKR... in this show there is comradere and friendship between the contestants... (mainly after John went!)... apart from the special guest Chefs thing where one of the contestants tries to beat them for a pin... they never ever really let them beat the guest Chef so why bother?... overall this is the best show of them all... I'm not even going to bother watching 'The Hotplate' coming on Channel 9 soon... it'll be as boring as 'The Block' as far as I'm concerned... (who am I kidding?... I'm bound to watch the first episode at least just so that I can bag it lol!)...

...so Matthew went home eh?... I kinda thought that it would be him... if not him that 'Where's Wally' chick Jessica... (my sweet darling wife thought so too)... I hope that it is Georgia/Reynold and Billie in the grand final with Georgia to win it!... (have I mentioned that before :whistling::rolleyes::happy:)... cheers.

Thank fuck Matthew went. I have waited 11 weeks for him to go. I'm really pleased with the top 5 this year. I love billie Sara and gerogia. Reynold isn't my fave but his cooking is amazing. But Jessica. Despite being related to her I don't seem to feel any warmth towards her. But I know when she finishes and Yesh I won't say any more ☺️

Thank fuck Matthew went. I have waited 11 weeks for him to go. I'm really pleased with the top 5 this year. I love billie Sara and gerogia. Reynold isn't my fave but his cooking is amazing. But Jessica. Despite being related to her I don't seem to feel any warmth towards her. But I know when she finishes and Yesh I won't say any more ☺️
Related how? Would the lack of warmth be because of this show and how she's coming across or does it stem from knowing her for so long beforehand? I am happy to be told in a PM how she fares. I don't mind knowing ahead :)

...someone else mentioned a few posts back that they hate the 'sob stories' that they come up with to con them into saving them in these elimination rounds and I totally agree!... and of course the... 'if I don't get this right I'm going home' crap that they always say too...these two things really get up my craw... other than that... this is far better than 'My Kitchen Rules' with all of that 'dramatic storylines' crap that they tend to shove in our faces though... this is my first season of Masterchef and it is by far a better show in my opinion...

...instead of the nasty little insults and back-stabbing that goes on in MKR... in this show there is comradere and friendship between the contestants... (mainly after John went!)... apart from the special guest Chefs thing where one of the contestants tries to beat them for a pin... they never ever really let them beat the guest Chef so why bother?... overall this is the best show of them all... I'm not even going to bother watching 'The Hotplate' coming on Channel 9 soon... it'll be as boring as 'The Block' as far as I'm concerned... (who am I kidding?... I'm bound to watch the first episode at least just so that I can bag it lol!)...

...so Matthew went home eh?... I kinda thought that it would be him... if not him that 'Where's Wally' chick Jessica... (my sweet darling wife thought so too)... I hope that it is Georgia/Reynold and Billie in the grand final with Georgia to win it!... (have I mentioned that before :whistling::rolleyes::happy:)... cheers.

I know Masterchef manipulates things for entertainment (like everyone always finishes exactly as time runs out) but I don't feel like I'm being lied to about the nature of the competition like I do with MKR. The way they make certain contestants villains, which ex contestants have admitted was complete nonsense. The fact they override what contestants can make for their home restaurant to ensure some drama. The people who seem to have no particular reason for being in a cooking competition other than they're a bit 'out there'. At the end of the day I just don't believe in it.

When Matthew went against Marco over the sauce I knew his goose was cooked. I think Jessica will be next to go.

It's looks like it's Billie's to lose now. Tough to pick the elimination this week - anyone could go.

Seems Matt's not just a suburban dentist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Hopcraft
I wonder if that's what prompted Gary's question mark on whether he was serious about a career change.
I don't understand the career change for him. Push through the midlife crisis years in dentistry and his B&B can lose any money it wants.

Related how? Would the lack of warmth be because of this show and how she's coming across or does it stem from knowing her for so long beforehand? I am happy to be told in a PM how she fares. I don't mind knowing ahead :)

She's me great grandmothers great niece or something like that. My great grandmother has met her when she was younger but hasn't seen her in ages

I quite liked Matthew and was sorry to see him go. He seemed like a caring, compassionate person and often comforted or encouraged contestants suffering a crying binge, doubt or melt down. Very competent cook for the most part. I'm not that upset that he went...he has a decent career and I'd prefer one of the younger ones to get the opportunities that come from winning.
That being said, I don't understand why Sara beat him with that revolting looking pile of green slop? Maybe his dish wasn't balanced by the chef's standards but I'd much rather tuck in to that lasagne than the dish Sara served up!

I'm absolutely team Billie! Love that girl and her ability to handle stress and adapt on the go. Amazing skills and a great cook. I hope the final 3 are Billie, Reynold and Georgia.

Georgia stresses me out watching her stressing out but she does have talent and potential. Very sweet girl. Reynold has proved he has great talent and finesse with desserts but not so much with savoury dishes. His personality is very appealing..such a humble, lovely man. :D

Not fond of Sara or Jessica for various reasons and I hope they get eliminated over the other 3.

I agree on Sara's green pasta. It resembled something a child could make with Play Doh!!! (and after trying to eat it).
Billie's ability to handle the pressure along with her main & dessert skills would seem to position her strongly against Georgia & Reynold, but "Anything could happen".

I am so glad Marco week is over. What a wanker! What a wanker! What a wanker!

...didn't he grind my grits lol!... he was doing my head in while they were trying to cook... I would've slammed his face with a frying pan if he badgered me like that lol!... I'm with you Jam... he was indeed a wanker!... wanker!... wanker!... cheers.

He does like to POINT things out to people, ALOT. I think the editors struggled to find footage without his rampant index finger wagging around in front of the camera.

The only time his damn finger wasn't waggling was when he was sticking it into the food being prepared and then licking it. And then probably moving on to the next contestant and sticking it into their food! Aaaaarrrggghhh! Can't STAND him!

...didn't he grind my grits lol!... he was doing my head in while they were trying to cook... I would've slammed his face with a frying pan if he badgered me like that lol!... I'm with you Jam... he was indeed a wanker!... wanker!... wanker!... cheers.

Hallelujah, Sticky! While we were watching him, I kept telling Mr Jam that I'd use one of those fine, super-sharp knives and dice him like a bloody onion!

The only time his damn finger wasn't waggling was when he was sticking it into the food being prepared and then licking it. And then probably moving on to the next contestant and sticking it into their food! Aaaaarrrggghhh! Can't STAND him!

Hallelujah, Sticky! While we were watching him, I kept telling Mr Jam that I'd use one of those fine, super-sharp knives and dice him like a bloody onion!
Ha ha ha. My mind is forever imprinted with that slightly bent, slightly splayed finger merrily going about its business, and bemused when the camera catches any of them sticking their fingers into a pot for that matter.

I'm relieved Marco week is over too.
I find it quite ridiculous that someone could be on such a power trip that he chucks a strop if one "Yes Marco!" goes unsaid.
Plus the way he makes everyone stop dead so he can say "two minutes to go!", thus losing any momentum they had.I'd love to see someone who knew they were going anyway reply "Piss off Marco!"

Back