Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see we're back on some OT Thread 2014 Classic Topics :tongue:

I was looking at the Fitbit at Dick Smith the other day and thought of this place first, and then almost convinced myself to buy one. I couldn't justify it to myself, because while I think I would love to know all of the stuff it tells you about, I don't really care; I only care in that annoying consumerist capitalism sorta way.

That takes me back to my primary school where they painted eyes on all our school hats as we had a flock of angry and aggressive magpies in the playground every year haha.

Do you walk for exercise at all? I couldn't do it without at least music. Not that I do it nearly often enough.

I do walk for exercise. But it's just for an hour each day. I'm nowhere near the level of inspiring Ingy.

Speaking of magpies, for about a month or so before the end of year 9 I was swooped every day by this magpie while riding to and from school. It just kept attacking my helmet.

Glad to see we're back on some OT Thread 2014 Classic Topics :tongue:

I was looking at the Fitbit at Dick Smith the other day and thought of this place first, and then almost convinced myself to buy one. I couldn't justify it to myself, because while I think I would love to know all of the stuff it tells you about, I don't really care; I only care in that annoying consumerist capitalism sorta way.
Lol! I feel similarly to you. Although I am interested to see my sleep patterns. Hoping I'm a little better than @jessy_girl at sleeping haha.[DOUBLEPOST=1423657908][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do walk for exercise. But it's just for an hour each day. I'm nowhere near the level of inspiring Ingy.
Yeah and when you walk, is it by yourself or with someone? And if it is by yourself... You don't listen to music or anything?

I know. But it still sounds pretty exhausting, and a tad boring (sorry), even if they are spaced out during the day.[DOUBLEPOST=1423657698][/DOUBLEPOST]

Where from? I have no interest in buying one. I'm just curious.
Yeah it is a bit exhausting, but that is the point right? I don't get bored, like if I see some one ahead of me I'll walk even faster to catch and over take them.... Then I'll try to keep that pace.... Stuff like that is fun and I am competitive.

I was told how much mine cost, it was like $80 from dick smith.

Yeah it is a bit exhausting, but that is the point right? I don't get bored, like if I see some one ahead of me I'll walk even faster to catch and over take them.... Then I'll try to keep that pace.... Stuff like that is fun and I am competitive.

What kind of Fitbit have you got though? There's the flex and the charge and the surge and others.[DOUBLEPOST=1423658148][/DOUBLEPOST]
I walk by myself. I don't listen to music. I just think while I am walking.
I'd drive myself crazy with only my own company. Classic extrovert.

I meant more mentally exhausting in walking for that long. I know that physical exhaustion would be the point as well. I suppose having small competitions in trying to overtake people ahead of you can keep you from becoming bored. Do you do other competitive things while you are walking?

80 dollars? That sounds like a great price. What else does the fitbit do?

24, stop it! I turned 30 in Sep last year. What tattoo did you get and where? Pics?
Ghkf56sm.jpg

That's what it is! It's small I know, I was scared but it doesn't really hurt.
I gotta buy him the Charge. Cos it has the HR monitor.

Ghkf56sm.jpg

That's what it is! It's small I know, I was scared but it doesn't really hurt.

I gotta buy him the Charge. Cos it has the HR monitor.
I want to know my heart at times, but I've already got the flex... I can live with out knowing what my heart rate is... As long as I can feel my heart beating... I know I'm doing good.

Oh and nice tat!

I want to know my heart at times, but I've already got the flex... I can live with out knowing what my heart rate is... As long as I can feel my heart beating... I know I'm doing good.

Oh and nice tat!
I agree, but it's for my Brother and he goes to the Gym a lot so I thought it'd be better for him. If it were I, I'd be happy with the Flex or there's another one called Jawbone.

Aw, Thankyou :shy:

Do you do other competitive things while you are walking?

80 dollars? That sounds like a great price. What else does the fitbit do?

Look at the screen shots that I put up, that will tell what the flex does.... Oh it does moniture your sleep as well, but I don't use that option.

Nice. What does the infinity symbol hold as significant for you?
Aw! Thankyou, It's essentially the number 8 sidewards which is my birthday which happens to be my favourite number too... I like that it gives me a sense of feeling free though, it sounds awfully weird I know but that's me and like I can achieve a lot. I'm actually becoming a nurse!

Look at the screen shots that I put up, that will tell what the flex does.... Oh it does moniture your sleep as well, but I don't use that option.

Yes, I just had a look at that. Very interesting. But what does 1.7 kg to go mean? Does that mean to your target weight?

I was wondering if the fitbit did more like shoot out lasers or order pizza for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back