Skip to main content

Episode Day 46 (23/10/14) Nominations

For anyone else:
http://loudwire.com/dave-grohl-james-hetfield-axl-rose-richest-rock-vocalists/

I was surprised to see that Jimmy Buffett, who I just thought of as a country singer, is worth $400Million. He must have made some very wise investments over the years.

Another country singer that has done extremely well, is Dolly Parton, mostly due to her Dollywood theme park:
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/dolly-parton-net-worth/
Wow I'm impressed that's a huge amount of money. James Hetfield is doing well, I do love Metallica!

I think with Lawson, there always has to be someone who is the butt of his jokes... He is the instigator of making fools of people with his unfunny jibes... Oh the irony. His responses to others when they call him out on ANYTHING is this half-smart, super shocked, whodotheythinktheyare, I'm innocent, imma-fkn-ture reaction.

What was he on about with his nomination of Priya tonight? It seemed that he'd had a wise crack at her for being too slow with the spoon puzzle so she called him out for being a poor loser. The way he responds... whoooa, whoooaaaa... Like the person who made the comment was ssssooooooo outta line. He did the same when Jason had his say on the eviction vid. It irritates the shit out of my synapses.

The HM's didn't waste their nom points on Lawson tonight.... who BETTER to be in the final 5 with than that tool.

You are absolutely 100% right in your observations! I can't stand Lawson anymore

Thanks for your feedback ,good to know what other people are thinking.

I will probably support that assertion next time I watch it during this 4 day drought of BB. ;)
I love reading your posts because you say a lot of the things I am thinking/feeling as well.:)

For anyone else:
http://loudwire.com/dave-grohl-james-hetfield-axl-rose-richest-rock-vocalists/

I was surprised to see that Jimmy Buffett, who I just thought of as a country singer, is worth $400Million. He must have made some very wise investments over the years.

Another country singer that has done extremely well, is Dolly Parton, mostly due to her Dollywood theme park:
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/dolly-parton-net-worth/
I'm not some crazy tedfthis fan i promise, but you apparently engage in another passing interest of mine: celebrity net worth sleuthing!

I'm not some crazy tedfthis fan i promise, but you apparently engage in another passing interest of mine: celebrity net worth sleuthing!

I have you on my Stalker list Deja :). When I said I was amazed at the wealth that Jimmy Buffet had accumulated, it would only be some of us older folk, that would actually know who he is. I thought of him as just some humble country music singer that made a few decent records. Come Monday, was one of them.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/come-monday-lyrics-jimmy-buffett.html

I found this fascinating:

http://www.chiefoutsiders.com/blog/bid/97713/Five-Marketing-Lessons-to-Learn-from-Jimmy-Buffett

I have you on my Stalker list Deja :). When I said I was amazed at the wealth that Jimmy Buffet had accumulated, it would only be some of us older folk, that would actually know who he is. I thought of him as just some humble country music singer that made a few decent records. Come Monday, was one of them.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/come-monday-lyrics-jimmy-buffett.html

I found this fascinating:

http://www.chiefoutsiders.com/blog/bid/97713/Five-Marketing-Lessons-to-Learn-from-Jimmy-Buffett
I lived in Key West for a little while a lifetime ago. We listened to Buffet all of the time...the tourists never seem to tire of Margaritaville.

I am sometimes amazed at how little some celebs have in net worth (Dionne Warwick) and how much cash some others have. Does not impact my life in the least. Just worthless trivia.

I lived in Key West for a little while a lifetime ago. We listened to Buffet all of the time...the tourists never seem to tire of Margaritaville.

I am sometimes amazed at how little some celebs have in net worth (Dionne Warwick) and how much cash some others have. Does not impact my life in the least. Just worthless trivia.

Yes, I like worthless trivia too, or maybe I'm just nosey. I happened to look up Joan Rivers, just after she had died. I had just finished watching a documentary about a year in her life, the year she won Celebrity Apprentice in the USA. All through the documentary, she was whingeing about her diary not being full and she was sometimes performing to very small audiences. It gave the impression that she was broke and living from paycheck to paycheck. She died aged 81, leaving an estate worth $150Million. Money is wasted on some people.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/09/11/joan-rivers-left-150-million-fortune-to-melissa-rivers-dogs/

So it seems there is a little conjecture as to whether Priya is smart, or is actually a complete nonce.

Let's have a look at how she employed her Powerplay.

"I would like to reveal where I am on the tally board at the cost of a point" - fairly standard and rational move, but no need to announce it like a pompous twat, and good on your for reminding BB how many points it will cost.

"Ahhh does that mean zero points?" - an incredibly moronic question on several levels; red is typically a universal indicator for danger, if the housemates that stood to be nominated were highlighted in blue then there would only be 4 and this hasn't happened all season, is it not logical that housemates would be ranked by number of votes in descending order from top to bottom? Isn't this the way the tally board has always been shown (in every/most past season(s))? Is the sanctimonious one really that smug that she truly believes she didn't collect a single point? It's a beautiful moment of realisation for her to find out that she has in fact been targeted more than any other housemate.

At this point, any smart person would realise that it is most likely impossible to save yourself, and so your best move is to get as many people up for nominations as possible (particularly with the vote to save format). So basically, you have 11 points to try and reveal the bottom 4 names, and bump them up 1 point at a time, till they're nominated. Given that it has been highlighted Ryan has only been up once, surely he would have been a safe name to start with? Alternatively, given that Marina is an easy target, checking where she was would have made sense also.

"I'd like to see where Travis is." - wtf for? He is more popular than you, given that he has been nominated every week he has been eligible, he is more than likely nominated anyway. Complete waste of a point.

"My goal is right now to try and distribute the points in such a way that my points are not as much as the other 5 that I'm about to target." - unless you're concerned about the other housemates finding out that you were the most nominated (despite the fact your ego has already taken the knock), this is futile, you simply want as many people nominated as possible. Over the years I don't think the correlation between nominee with the most points and evictee of the same week is that strong.

"Let's give 1 point to Travis." - absolutely speechless as to how dumb a move this was. At absolute best, if he were tied with Priya for most points, he would move atop by 1, and whilst Travis hypothetically finding out he was most nominated might piss him off, in the grand scheme of things little to nothing would be effectively changed.

"1 point to David." - she managed to fluke (or use incredible skill) to increase the number of nominees to 7. If she hadn't already figured it out, surely at this point she should have realised her optimal strategy, and either tried to figure out the names of the bottom 3 and bump them up, or just dump the remaining points (on Travis perhaps) to keep the number of nominees at 7.

BB: "Notice anything different?"
Priya: "No."
BB: "You're a teacher Priya, surely you can count to 7."
Priya "Yes."

Even toddlers, basic primates and other animals would have noticed this, without it being pointed out to them.

"1 point to Skye." - an incredibly stupid move, possibly even more stupid than the 1 point to Travis. But blindly giving Skye 1 point, the number of nominees drops from 7 to 5, and Priya is now up against both Travis and Skye, whom even Priya knows to be two very popular housemates.

"Very interesting Big Brother." - no not very interesting, very stupid, you complete halfwit. And you're meant to be a teacher? God help the poor kids you end up teaching. And no wonder you mentioned not being able to get much teaching work, you're a dud.

BB: "Priya, who do you think now lies in the red zone?"
Priya: "Skye, Lawson, Marina."

You might as well had read out your own name and Travis's also, Skye was just as obvious. And your intuition is way off, neither Lawson nor Marina are up.

"1 point to Skye." - are you f*cking serious? What were you ever hoping to achieve by this?

"And that hasn't changed a thing." - why does this surprise you? What could it have possibly changed?

"I'd rather have a change of being nominated with 7 people than 5." - you sure figured this out incredibly quickly, for a "smart" person.

"I'd like to give a point to Dave." - the first smart move she made, granted it's only partly undoing one of her earlier mistakes.

"1 point now to Lawson." - not a bad idea..

"1 point to Leo." - why randomly give a point to Leo? Why not bump Lawson up?

"Leo was right there. I knew he would be one of the five people this week." - ummmmmm... then why did you say that Skye, Lawson and Marina were the other 3 up with you and Trav?!?!?!

"At the moment, the wisest thing I could do, would be to either distribute my points between Aish and Marina." - Well you're kind of on the right track.. But wouldn't it be wise to make sure Marina is up? Of all people?

BB: "Where does your final point go?"
Priya: "I will use that point to see where Lawson stands." - WTF?!?!?!?! You saw exactly where he was before when you gave him a point, and he was still blue. Why not simply give him another point?!?!?!

So there you have it, Priya is a money-grabbing pillock.

Back