Skip to main content

Lawson's Second Apology

The apology reads better in print than it sounded on TV.

The delivery by Lawson was woeful and smacked abundantly of insincerity.

I think the producers have a lot to answer in Lawson's selection past psychological screening etc.

I feel they were fooled by the novelty of his magic show and discounted too much his relationship issues at the time of lockdown.

They probably never even looked at Cat's psychological screening.

That second "apology" was so insincere and contrived, it seemed like Lawson was trying to get himself into that emotional messy state he was in on the first " apology". He had the sobs but no actual tears for a long time, kept rubbing his hands over his eyes, hiding them or trying to irritate them. Tears only started when the gf's mother was mentioned, and then really only the lone tear trickling. No red eyes at the end, and his posture walking down the stairs was upright and calm.

The body language said a lot more to me than the actual words did. Including secluding himself in the bedroom while the others were eating. What better way to make a point about feeling down. And his breathing seemed all wrong for someone so distressed - too even.

I think the illusionist tried to trick us, but he is not a good enough actor and needs to get a bit more " method".

That second "apology" was so insincere and contrived, it seemed like Lawson was trying to get himself into that emotional messy state he was in on the first " apology". He had the sobs but no actual tears for a long time, kept rubbing his hands over his eyes, hiding them or trying to irritate them. Tears only started when the gf's mother was mentioned, and then really only the lone tear trickling. No red eyes at the end, and his posture walking down the stairs was upright and calm.

The body language said a lot more to me than the actual words did. Including secluding himself in the bedroom while the others were eating. What better way to make a point about feeling down. And his breathing seemed all wrong for someone so distressed - too even.

I think the illusionist tried to trick us, but he is not a good enough actor and get a bit more " method".

Great post and agree with all of it!

I think the illusionist tried to trick us, but he is not a good enough actor and needs to get a bit more " method".

:thumbsup: That is exactly what happened

I also noticed another thing. When Ryan goes to the dinner table to tell the other housemates that Lawson will not be eating his, Lawson's and Cat's plates are empty. Now obviously it was a help yourself kind of dinner, and Ryan and Lawson were in the bedroom and diary room when the housemates were getting the tea. But was Cat somewhere else? Or is she so crazy that she will not get her dinner until Lawson gets his dinner?

I think Cat was waiting for Lawson to come back and report to her how it all went. Then she would be able to fuss over him, get his food for him, make him eat and generally be " supportive" in front of everyone. Maybe even suggest going off by themselves so she could stop the others from bothering him. When that plan failed, she had to go off and find him and be supportive away from the others. Darn plans. :shifty:

The apology reads better in print than it sounded on TV.

The delivery by Lawson was woeful and smacked abundantly of insincerity.

I think the producers have a lot to answer in Lawson's selection past psychological screening etc.

I feel they were fooled by the novelty of his magic show and discounted too much his relationship issues at the time of lockdown.
too much his relationship issues at the time of lockdown.

On the contrary I think that's what sold Lawson on them. I would presume that a repeat of last season's cheating scandal was something that they were deliberately hoping some of the housemates they selected would deliver yet again.

I think Cat was waiting for Lawson to come back and report to her how it all went. Then she would be able to fuss over him, get his food for him, make him eat and generally be " supportive" in front of everyone. Maybe even suggest going off by themselves so she could stop the others from bothering him. When that plan failed, she had to go off and find him and be supportive away from the others. Darn plans. :shifty:

Yep, that's probably the reason. Do you think Lawson would have told Cat about what he said in the diary room? Maybe she wanted another hamster wheel chat after dinner? But had to change the plan when Lawson didn't want to eat because of his diary room visit.

There is an extended apology by Lawson up on fb. He is so all over the place its actually hilarious. Like I actually couldn't help but laugh because I feel ridiculous for him

I defended Lawson and Cat because I was certain that Candice told BB it was over. It was one of the 3 things he wanted to know, I thought he had the all clear from BB and Candice. It appears it is not the case, so I have changed now.

If he wants to do it, than do it and assume, don't pretend to be sorry, pretend apology I can't accept.

I defended Lawson and Cat because I was certain that Candice told BB it was over. It was one of the 3 things he wanted to know, I thought he had the all clear from BB and Candice. It appears it is not the case, so I have changed now.

If he wants to do it, than do it and assume, don't pretend to be sorry, pretend apology I can't accept.
Oh Lara, he says he doesn't love Cat, that he loves Candice. He goes on to say how he is young and will make dumb mistakes, but he cant help what he is feeling. He is trying so hard to cry, it's actually funny. I feel so mean to say this, but I laughed so much. It was a train wreck of a diary room talk to bb. I think he needs to let Candice go and just grow up tbh. He sounds like a child one moment, then an adolescent the next, then he sounds like he is drunk.

Edit: Yes, what KG said, it is best summed up what you said. Enough with the insecure apology

Yep...I have been calling her Crazy Cat Lady for a reason. She is trying to sink her claws in deep...offering promises of facing it all together when they leave. But when he leaves the house...the overwhelming shit storm is going to be too much. He will try to end it. She will freak the #$&% out. Stalking and restraining orders will ensue. "I will not be ignored, Lawson!"...may be stated in the near future...as well as pulling rabbits out of hats and throwing them into boiling water.

She is a stage-5 clinger. That is why she was pissed that Skye took Aisha to get fitted. She thought her and Skye were best buddies in the house and got jealous she wasn't picked. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Cat nominates Aisha this week...if Aisha stays. I would also bet that if Lawson gets evicted before Cat...she will self-evict with him...and use this whole "I promised we will face this together" tactic as her excuse. Although she will be sincere, it is more about her not trusting him to be away from her...than it is about supporting him as a united front. I bet she isn't going to want him to see his ex, talk to her or her family.

Her timid, soft spoken behavior, the tears, the guilt, the profession of feelings...and then love, the pulling away...now I can't be apart, the "oops...my dress dropped", all of it was very calculated. She knew what she wanted and knew how to get it. This isn't her first trip to the rodeo, folks. Lawson is an asshole and an idiot...but he is also young. He was no match for her. He fell into...and is now...fully in her trap. He has no idea what he has gotten himself into. She is going to be his worst nightmare and he doesn't even know it.

She hasn't had to let her crazy show yet in the house. There is no where for Lawson to run or hide...so she hasn't felt threatened. We did get a tiny glimpse when she barged into the fitting room. Now that she has Lawson in her clutches, I suspect the "Sweet and Timid Cat" act will start slipping. We might start seeing "Crazy Cat Lady" take over soon.

20_original.jpg

"I will not be ignored, Lawson!"

I'm actually a bit peeved at Big Brother. Big Brother has been encouraging Lawson to pour his heart out to Candice because it sends social media into a spin and hopefully improves their ratings. First there was the letter they were encouraged to write to their loved one back home. (I think they were hoping that Lawson would write to Candice) and then Big Brother asked Lawson in the Diary room: "If you had the opportunity to say something to Candice right now, what would you say?" Big Brother is trying to draw it out of Lawson. They are loving his tears and emotions. I don't think we would have seen so much emotion and tears if Big Brother hadn't coaxed it out of him. I think his tears were genuine and he does feel genuine guilt about the hurt he has caused Candice and her family. I just think we wouldn't have seen as much of it if Big Brother hadn't been using him as a pawn in order to improve the show's ratings.

I'm actually a bit peeved at Big Brother. Big Brother has been encouraging Lawson to pour his heart out to Candice because it sends social media into a spin and hopefully improves their ratings. First there was the letter they were encouraged to write to their loved one back home. (I think they were hoping that Lawson would write to Candice) and then Big Brother asked Lawson in the Diary room: "If you had the opportunity to say something to Candice right now, what would you say?" Big Brother is trying to draw it out of Lawson. They are loving his tears and emotions. I don't think we would have seen so much emotion and tears if Big Brother hadn't coaxed it out of him. I think his tears were genuine and he does feel genuine guilt about the hurt he has caused Candice and her family. I just think we wouldn't have seen as much of it if Big Brother hadn't been using him as a pawn in order to improve the show's ratings.

I think the tears were for his mother. My mum died 6 years ago, I still miss her very much. It is easy for me to cry when I let myself think about her

Back