Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

No as I was placed in MIC due to "cause of death" being massive bloodloss from the accident. DOA at the hospital and bagged up for the Morgue. The warders taking me down heard shallow breathing and I was rushed back to A&E ( I had no knowledge of this having happened.I was told several months later) for resuscitation and at that time, blood transfusions. I have been a "bleeder" since so that was not an issue for me personally.
Holy shit balls!!!

No as I was placed in MIC due to "cause of death" being massive bloodloss from the accident. DOA at the hospital and bagged up for the Morgue. The warders taking me down heard shallow breathing and I was rushed back to A&E ( I had no knowledge of this having happened.I was told several months later) for resuscitation and at that time, blood transfusions. I have been a "bleeder" since so that was not an issue for me personally.

Oh my god! SO lucky they heard your breathing and whatnot! Fuck.

OMG @Kismet that is terrifying, horrifying - everyone's worst nightmare, being burried alive, fuck.

Do you have nightmares about all of this?

I have come close to death 3 times involving vehicles - just realised it is 3. Nothing as scary as you however

When I was about 2 or 3, apparently I was shoved out the car door and rolled under the car, by a sibling???
They almost ran me over, I recall zero.

2nd I went through the windscreen, almost lost an eye, amongst other things.

3rd on the bus from WA to Vic/truck squashed us - and that driver convicted of manslaughter, driving on drugs & the wrong side of the road our poor driver & front passengers had no chance.

And I forgot about the baby incident, I have always thought I would likely die in a 3rd accident :)

i nearly die everytime the dentist mentions taking a tooth. getting older and having shit teeth means it happens too often (for my liking), I had two out at once and was so distressed, ran my car up a pole leaving the surgery and then bawled my eyes out in the main street while telling my husband about the trauma I'd been through getting those teeth out. do Not talk to me about anything to do with teeth. I often have nightmares about them all falling out - they break and crack and i am just spitting them out all over the place. my confession, I hate teeth:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Omg.... That is so scary

i nearly die everytime the dentist mentions taking a tooth. getting older and having shit teeth means it happens too often (for my liking), I had two out at once and was so distressed, ran my car up a pole leaving the surgery and then bawled my eyes out in the main street while telling my husband about the trauma I'd been through getting those teeth out. do Not talk to me about anything to do with teeth. I often have nightmares about them all falling out - they break and crack and i am just spitting them out all over the place. my confession, I hate teeth:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Not to mention the bill.

Mine was more literal. My blood pressure spiked and then dropped post removal. I woke up 3 hours later with my mum looking freaked out next to my hospital bed. How embarrassing would that death have been? People in the old days lost all their teeth, put in wooden ones and then drove the British out of America. And I croak from elective wisdom teeth removal? Humiliating.

Oh I feel you there totally,when I had braces the orthodontist thought it would be a bright idea to remove 5 of my baby teeth to make place for the big ones,only trouble is they never grew in so now I have to wear a plate.I hate,hate,hate going to the dentist.Also I have had those dreams they are the absolute worst

Oh I feel you there totally,when I had braces the orthodontist thought it would be a bright idea to remove 5 of my baby teeth to make place for the big ones,only trouble is they never grew in so now I have to wear a plate.I hate,hate,hate going to the dentist.Also I have had those dreams they are the absolute worst
I shudder just to read that. How dare they take your lovely baby teeth ( is there no justice). My daughter gave up on her braces after they started to plan to take another 2 teeth out and they weren't baby teeth. I went nuts and so she didn't get it done.. Today she has the most beautiful smile ( and still has those teeth) SAVED by mum. Teeth have to last you forever, don't just give them away. (rant over)

I shudder just to read that. How dare they take your lovely baby teeth ( is there no justice). My daughter gave up on her braces after they started to plan to take another 2 teeth out and they weren't baby teeth. I went nuts and so she didn't get it done.. Today she has the most beautiful smile ( and still has those teeth) SAVED by mum. Teeth have to last you forever, don't just give them away. (rant over)

I know right? And after all that pain my gap still grew apart.Hubby convinced me to have some cosmetic work done this year,closed the gap a bit and put veneers on,had my hands clenched so hard I gave myself bruises..the sound of the drill and other things they use..sends shudders right down my spine

Not to mention the bill.

Mine was more literal. My blood pressure spiked and then dropped post removal. I woke up 3 hours later with my mum looking freaked out next to my hospital bed. How embarrassing would that death have been? People in the old days lost all their teeth, put in wooden ones and then drove the British out of America. And I croak from elective wisdom teeth removal? Humiliating.
OMG

I know right? And after all that pain my gap still grew apart.Hubby convinced me to have some cosmetic work done this year,closed the gap a bit and put veneers on,had my hands clenched so hard I gave myself bruises..the sound of the drill and other things they use..sends shudders right down my spine
I've been to the dentist so many times, it isn't the drill that bothers me anymore, its the pulling and ripping and straining and pushing as they pull those suckers out that I hate most:jawdrop: Another tooth bites the dust. :rage:

That is so terrifying!

I have a tale to tell, sometimes it hurts so hard to hide it well, I was not ready for the fall, too blind to see the writing on the wall.

A man can tell a thousand lies, I've learned my lesson well, hope I live to tell the secret I have learned, 'till then, it will burn inside of me.

tumblr_m0srf8jyQx1r7e9vpo1_r1_500.gif

As I'm such a rebel and all *cough* this one time when I was 18 and didn't have my licence yet, I drove my friends car with her to see the glow worms, but when we got there it was pitch black and we were too scared so we drove back home. Just as I reached her house, the police pulled us over! I had to give them my learner permit and they thought it was hilarious that we'd put P plates up as I "thought it seemed more honest". They gave me a $600 fine and when I finally told my mum a year later she told me she would have paid it. :facepalm:

Wow, @Noonah19

Made me recall stuff I forgot, from a long time ago.

I was about 11-12, when my older sister tried to kill herself at 15, intervention on my part stopped her - my even older, older sisters were(17 ) useless. Such vague memories, I have kind of wiped them, I know I called the ambulance. Parents were out.

And, at 18-19, part-time job, woman went psycho, and I have no idea how or why, again can't recall, but it was me at her house with a doctor getting her to self admit, trying to stop the stigma of being committed involuntarily.

And I have forgotten alcohol exists for more than 2 years. I used to like white wine and champagne.
Since I have moved the alcoholics in my life to the outer perimeters, I prefer coffee
Yep me too with the alcohol and now I'm just a coffee person, plus the older I get, the bigger the hangover. Ugh and the depression the day after, not worth it, lol. And my husband has never been a drinker so he would not think I was fun, I probably wasn't either, haha.

Isn't it interesting the way our brains block things or move them somewhere faraway to protect us. That was young for you to help your sister, is she ok now? I guess you all never actually spoke about it. My story kinda feels like someone else's story now, not really real anymore, I think because it was so extreme. And at least I now know in a scary situation I can still do necessary things and remember first aid training from 40 thousand years ago. :)

Actually I'm not that old... Not even grown up all the time.

Last edited:
Back