Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

2 years ago I went to my best friends house because I had a weird feeling, she wouldn't answer the door. So I climbed on top of a stack of chairs and looked into her bathroom window and saw that she had hanged herself. I jumped off the chairs, ripped my jacket off grabbed a shovel and smashed her sliding windows and ran in at the same time I was calling 000.

When I got into the bathroom her head was swollen like a dark grape and her face was haemorrhaged, I ran to the kitchen grabbed the bluntest knife I could find O_O and I cut her down. I gave her CPR till the ambulance came and brought her back to life, it's pretty amazing feeling life come back into someone's body.

She wouldn't talk to me after that. But she's still alive so I'm ok with that.

Fuck me that's insane. I couldn't even begin to imagine what was and is still running through your head.. First having a strange feeling strong enough to go and visit your friend and then having the strange feeling confirmed in such a confronting way. I guess maybe your friend is too embarrassed to face you and or is in the mindset that you hindered her 'process' of ending it all. I hope that one day she finds peace in herself to realise you kept her from ending her life.. Hopefully she finds enough happiness to appreciate her near death experience and her essential second chance.. Sounds like her partner is a douchebag and isn't/wasn't helping things at all.

You definitely did the right thing, and I think anyone in your position would've done the same thing.. Having someone still have a chance to find happiness is definitely worth the 'hate and/or silence' they're giving just because you didn't want them to give up xx

Fuck me that's insane. I couldn't even begin to imagine what was and is still running through your head.. First having a strange feeling strong enough to go and visit your friend and then having the strange feeling confirmed in such a confronting way. I guess maybe your friend is too embarrassed to face you and or is in the mindset that you hindered her 'process' of ending it all. I hope that one day she finds peace in herself to realise you kept her from ending her life.. Hopefully she finds enough happiness to appreciate her near death experience and her essential second chance.. Sounds like her partner is a douchebag and isn't/wasn't helping things at all.

You definitely did the right thing, and I think anyone in your position would've done the same thing.. Having someone still have a chance to find happiness is definitely worth the 'hate and/or silence' they're giving just because you didn't want them to give up xx
Thank you for your kind words, I'm all good now.

You made me laugh in your post that you grew up in Asia and still forget your not Asian, that's sooooo funny. I remember reading it in another thread, can't remember where, but you did say where you grew up. Do people freak out when you speak the language fluently? That would be so cool to blow people away with, haha. Especially if you can eavesdrop like a spy.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm all good now.

You made me laugh in your post that you grew up in Asia and still forget your not Asian, that's sooooo funny. I remember reading it in another thread, can't remember where, but you did say where you grew up. Do people freak out when you speak the language fluently? That would be so cool to blow people away with, haha. Especially if you can eavesdrop like a spy.

Haha, I did have a funny moment once after I moved back to Perth from Manila and lived in this little block of units - I had been there maybe 6 months before a Filipino family moved next door. I worked at a TAFE in the city and did the late shift and finished around 9:30pm and I guess they worked in hospitality because they'd always be on the same late bus home as me... I used to hear them talking about me, nothing bad, just about my hair, or wondering how long I had lived in the complex before them etc. but once heard them deliberating with eachother if I was a stripper or a prostitute so I turned around and unleashed. I swear they shit a weeks worth of toilet trips in that moment and avoided me ever since. I moved to Melbourne a year later so I guess they've probably learnt their lesson about talking about people in that persons presence regardless of if they think they can't understand their language or not. Suckers.

Because Tagalog is very a very Spanish influenced it helps me at work because of the Spanish / Italian / Portuguese speaking students. The students English when they first come to us is usually pretty basic so any words is usually a help until they start picking up more and more English. It's really quite fun talking awkwardly to new students who have zero English to seeing them come into your office yapping away in pretty good English. Haha. I'm trying to learn a bit of Arabic as my campus' student body sits at around 35% Saudi and my Dad has worked in Riyadh for 30ish years.. It's quite funny as my Dad has been in Saudi most of his adult life, and the Philippines - and he can speak barely anything of either haha. I haven't been to any Arabic countries yet but I would love to do so.. ONE DAY!!! I'm still trying to get my BF to come to Manila with me but he's terrified as he's never left Australia so he thinks he's going to get bombed/robbed/kidnapped/ebola etc. etc hahaha

I let cops break in a house not mine.emo.gif Years ago I had rented a room and I had lived there for 2 months or so when I discovered my keys did not fit the door. The people I rented from were on vacation. My luck was that I lived very close to the police station so 2 nice cops walked back to my house. Again at the front door my key did not fit but I had an idea. Let's try from the back.
Okay it was a small alley with gardens that let to the kitchen doors. The cops were talking how to open the kitchen door when suddenly a guy opened my window upstairs and asked what the heck are you doing? Looking at him I realized. This was the wrong house.e13750.gif e13750.gif. Apparently I lived next door. he cops were very nice and laughed but I never forgot.

2 years ago I went to my best friends house because I had a weird feeling, she wouldn't answer the door. So I climbed on top of a stack of chairs and looked into her bathroom window and saw that she had hanged herself. I jumped off the chairs, ripped my jacket off grabbed a shovel and smashed her sliding windows and ran in at the same time I was calling 000.

When I got into the bathroom her head was swollen like a dark grape and her face was haemorrhaged, I ran to the kitchen grabbed the bluntest knife I could find O_O and I cut her down. I gave her CPR till the ambulance came and brought her back to life, it's pretty amazing feeling life come back into someone's body.

She wouldn't talk to me after that. But she's still alive so I'm ok with that.

Wow, amazing story. What a hero!

I have talked about Skye during sex with my wife. :D

tumblr_lnw5byjxjt1qbpemeo1_r1_500.gif

Seriously though. This thread is AMAZING. :woot:

Haha, I did have a funny moment once after I moved back to Perth from Manila and lived in this little block of units - I had been there maybe 6 months before a Filipino family moved next door. I worked at a TAFE in the city and did the late shift and finished around 9:30pm and I guess they worked in hospitality because they'd always be on the same late bus home as me... I used to hear them talking about me, nothing bad, just about my hair, or wondering how long I had lived in the complex before them etc. but once heard them deliberating with eachother if I was a stripper or a prostitute so I turned around and unleashed. I swear they shit a weeks worth of toilet trips in that moment and avoided me ever since. I moved to Melbourne a year later so I guess they've probably learnt their lesson about talking about people in that persons presence regardless of if they think they can't understand their language or not. Suckers.

Because Tagalog is very a very Spanish influenced it helps me at work because of the Spanish / Italian / Portuguese speaking students. The students English when they first come to us is usually pretty basic so any words is usually a help until they start picking up more and more English. It's really quite fun talking awkwardly to new students who have zero English to seeing them come into your office yapping away in pretty good English. Haha. I'm trying to learn a bit of Arabic as my campus' student body sits at around 35% Saudi and my Dad has worked in Riyadh for 30ish years.. It's quite funny as my Dad has been in Saudi most of his adult life, and the Philippines - and he can speak barely anything of either haha. I haven't been to any Arabic countries yet but I would love to do so.. ONE DAY!!! I'm still trying to get my BF to come to Manila with me but he's terrified as he's never left Australia so he thinks he's going to get bombed/robbed/kidnapped/ebola etc. etc hahaha
Boom bitch, haha that's great, I love that. Imagine what they would've been saying after! Haha.

So are you an English teacher?? Is Arabic a hard language to learn? I didn't know Tagalog is Spanish influenced, that's something interesting for me to learn. My parents are Croatian so I understand Croatian but I don't speak it well anymore, I'm sure I would pick it up if I went over there. I get embarrassed speaking it to people I don't know. My husband is Greek, he grew up on the island of Lesbos so he's a Lesbian. I like to tell people I'm married to a Lesbian, they get so confused. :D

Ok that is actually awesome, I love stories like that. A very similar thing happened to my friend when she heard people discussing her in another language, it absolutely ensured I never do such a thing.

That's pretty interesting though. I have some family in/from Manila and I actually do like it there, but for someone who has ever left Australia the culture shock would be insane. I used to love Boracay as a kid, but I'm guessing it's overrun with tourists now versus when I practically had the whole island to myself.

Boom bitch, haha that's great, I love that. Imagine what they would've been saying after! Haha.

So are you an English teacher?? Is Arabic a hard language to learn? I didn't know Tagalog is Spanish influenced, that's something interesting for me to learn. My parents are Croatian so I understand Croatian but I don't speak it well anymore, I'm sure I would pick it up if I went over there. I get embarrassed speaking it to people I don't know. My husband is Greek, he grew up on the island of Lesbos so he's a Lesbian. I like to tell people I'm married to a Lesbian, they get so confused. :D

HAHA He really IS a Lesbian! That's amazing, and that joke I'm sure will never get old. Do your parents also speak Bosnian and/or Serbian? I remember from my time working at immigration booking interpreters for people that Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian language speakers would be able to interchange languages.. They were like "Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian whatever all are ok for me"..

Languages are a funny thing.. You think you forget a lot of it when you're out of practice, but when you're drunk or surrounded by the language again, it's really easy to pick back up. According to the students the best way is to get drunk because you don't CARE if you make mistakes and you don't care what other people think of your accent or misused words.. or slurring haha. Plus it's free practice.

Not a teacher.. Work in the office, went from being in Student Services, to now being in compliance (telling them off when they breach their student visa conditions) and academic stuff.. with a bit of marketing/sales thrown in. They're spreading me pretty thinly but it is an interesting job and I couldn't imagine being out of the industry.. It's also a bit more relaxed than working for immi too. Less politics. Less people hating on you because they think -insert any hot immigration topic here- is directly your fault.

Conversational Arabic isn't too bad, but learning how to write, or speak -properly- would just be insane.. Same with Greek, Chinese, Japanese characters I guess. I really admire who can learn languages with completely different characters to their own.. Especially nationalities coming over here, learning English and learning how to write in English too.

2 weeks ago I kicked my coke habit....
My coca cola habit that is.

For the past 17 years I've been drinking up to 2.5 litres of coke per week. No I don't weigh 200 kg either.... But I'm not as slim as I was 17 years ago aged 28 either. Anyway, last month when I had my bladder/kidney infection the doctor suggested that it came about because I was too dehydrated and probably had a high sugar load, so I poured the last bottle down the sink and haven't drunk it since. :)

That's not to say I won't ever have a coke again. But at least I'm not drinking it every single day anymore.

Btw... I weigh 90kg and I'm 6ft 1" so, quite within range...

Ok that is actually awesome, I love stories like that. A very similar thing happened to my friend when she heard people discussing her in another language, it absolutely ensured I never do such a thing.

That's pretty interesting though. I have some family in/from Manila and I actually do like it there, but for someone who has ever left Australia the culture shock would be insane. I used to love Boracay as a kid, but I'm guessing it's overrun with tourists now versus when I practically had the whole island to myself.

Oh wow! Boracay would've been heaven on Earth without the tourists.. It's still lovely now but yeah, not a quiet little paradise anymore. That would've been a special experience.

Yup first stepping of that plane to live there was definitely a culture shock.. I had a really late flight and my Dad/Stepmum picked me up and were like LOCK THE DOORS. Nothing quite says you're far, far from home than having your car doors knocked on at traffic lights at 2am by half naked kids that look barely 5. You do come back to Australia feeling incredibly lucky. I adore Manila in all of it's rawness. It's dirty, it's scary sometimes, and it smells but the people are gorgeous and I never really felt unsafe there.. Obviously personal safety and awareness had to be strong but it was common sense things - don't walk through squatter areas at night, don't stop the car for anyone and keep to well populated main roads. I learnt pretty quickly that dying my hair brown was a fairly good way of blending in a little more - the blonde hair, pale skin got a fair amount of hair pulls and "AMERICANA MISS BEAUTIFUL MARRY ME' kind of thing lol.

Worst experience was some man in a car go past me on my way to school only to reverse and he was pleasuring himself while looking at me... I don't think I have ever, EVER run so fast in my life.. Aside from that I miss it alot lol. My highschool BF is now a 'rockstar' and all of his uncles are famous actors.. I guess that's another confession haha!! (and I was a cheerleader.. Oh lord how embarrassing)

2 weeks ago I kicked my coke habit....
My coca cola habit that is.

For the past 17 years I've been drinking up to 2.5 litres of coke per week. No I don't weigh 200 kg either.... But I'm not as slim as I was 17 years ago aged 28 either. Anyway, last month when I had my bladder/kidney infection the doctor suggested that it came about because I was too dehydrated and probably had a high sugar load, so I poured the last bottle down the sink and haven't drunk it since. :)

That's not to say I won't ever have a coke again. But at least I'm not drinking it every single day anymore.

Btw... I weigh 90kg and I'm 6ft 1" so, quite within range...

I really think people underestimate the difficulty of kicking a coke habit.. as in the cola variety. Massive congrats on the 2 weeks.. That's a great achievement and I'm sure your body will be singing it's praises after it stops torturing you!! Are you getting any bad withdrawal symptoms etc.?[DOUBLEPOST=1413203652][/DOUBLEPOST]
That ep was on TV a monthish ago.. HAHA.

Back