Skip to main content

Confessions and interesting facts about yourself

I have a tale to tell, sometimes it hurts so hard to hide it well, I was not ready for the fall, too blind to see the writing on the wall.

A man can tell a thousand lies, I've learned my lesson well, hope I live to tell the secret I have learned, 'till then, it will burn inside of me.

tumblr_m0srf8jyQx1r7e9vpo1_r1_500.gif
ooo I want to know the secret. anyone else. Tell, nothing worse than burning inside. Now that's a pain.

Nothing extremely fascinating or anything but over the years since this board was created both my first and last name have popped up on this board, in different threads and at different times minds you.

That may not immediately strike anyone as particular odd but I'd estimate that there are less than 100 people with my surname (hint: it's one of those ethnic names) who live in Australia so it kinda freaked me out when I first saw it being mentioned, I thought my cover was blown. :hilarious: My first name was my fault for giving away too much of a big hint though. lol

Nothing extremely fascinating or anything but over the years since this board was created both my first and last name have popped up on this board, in different threads and at different times minds you.

That may not immediately strike anyone as particular odd but I'd estimate that there are less than 100 people with my surname (hint: it's one of those ethnic names) who live in Australia so it kinda freaked me out when I first saw it being mentioned, I thought my cover was blown. :hilarious: My first name was my fault for giving away too much of a big hint though. lol
So in what context would your surname have been discussed then? You share with someone famous - or someone famous enough to have been spoken about here?

Hahah. Sorry dude! I understand. Crazy that both your names have been discussed separately.
Next thing you'll want my address and TFN. j/k :p

Yeah, I honestly never thought my last name would make an appearance on this board, like I said it did take me aback the first time I saw it even though it thankfully had nothing to do with me. :biggrin:

It's an 'ethno' name so there are some 'famous' people who bear the same surname but none who would be considered noteworthy in the 'anglo sphere'.

Ok well mmmm confessions/interesting facts

In the spirit of Mental Health week last week -

I have manic-depression (or so the fancy name goes of bipolar)

I have had it for about 22 years now - the first 4 years were fucked but now its relatively under control

I still have manic-depressive episodes about 3-4 times a year

but they only last 1-2weeks: 1-2 days = manic, 1-2 weeks = depression

depression still sucks but I hide at home with food, dvds, books and remind myself that this will pass

just thought I'd share - rarely tell people I meet but thought it would be interesting to see if any reaction here

ps any questions I'd be happy to answer

I have had it for about 22 years now - the first 4 years were fucked but now its relatively under control

depression still sucks but I hide at home with food, dvds, books and remind myself that this will pass

just thought I'd share - rarely tell people I meet but thought it would be interesting to see if any reaction here

So brave of you to share, and seriously what an amazing attitude to have in regards to it all. You should be so proud you look after yourself and help boost yourself when times get tough :)

Hmmm, I'm not too interesting but I guess these are things I think make up a big part of my life experience so far:
1.I was caught in high school 10 years ago at an anti-war protest swearing at John Howard on national television.
2.I got so sick of call center work, I had a panic attack one day and quit my job after being call a c&%t by a 70 year old lady and became a psychiatric nurse and love my job even on the worse days imaginable. Now I get called a c&%t, but I get paid a lot more and I don't take it to heart if they are unwell.
3. I had weight loss surgery 6 months ago, I have lost 40kg, and have my mojo back, I don't feel as though I get judged purely on my physical appearance anymore, and that people can just judge me by what a dickhead I am.
4.I only got my drivers license last year.... because fuck you that's why.
5.I have a fear of aliens. But only if someone is trying to say they are real, sci-fi etc I'm fine with.

You only get positive reaction from me. If anything, the above shows you are a caring, compassionate and intellectual being.

I know right? And after all that pain my gap still grew apart.Hubby convinced me to have some cosmetic work done this year,closed the gap a bit and put veneers on,had my hands clenched so hard I gave myself bruises..the sound of the drill and other things they use..sends shudders right down my spine
I went to dentist for a filling a few weeks ago and the convo of the anaesthetic making my heart best fast and the drill feeling like it was drilling the back of my brain made me have a panic attack lol

Hmmm, I'm not too interesting but I guess these are things I think make up a big part of my life experience so far:
1.I was caught in high school 10 years ago at an anti-war protest swearing at John Howard on national television.
2.I got so sick of call center work, I had a panic attack one day and quit my job after being call a c&%t by a 70 year old lady and became a psychiatric nurse and love my job even on the worse days imaginable. Now I get called a c&%t, but I get paid a lot more and I don't take it to heart if they are unwell.
3. I had weight loss surgery 6 months ago, I have lost 40kg, and have my mojo back, I don't feel as though I get judged purely on my physical appearance anymore, and that people can just judge me by what a dickhead I am.
4.I only got my drivers license last year.... because fuck you that's why.
5.I have a fear of aliens. But only if someone is trying to say they are real, sci-fi etc I'm fine with.

Do you work in the wards at hospitals?

On dec 31st 2011. My son was 4 weeks old and I had just come to realise I could not breastfeed him any longer due to not enough supply.
I hadn't slept in days and my anxiety was through the roof. Meanwhile my mum was in a nursing home dying of cancer.
So I went to ER and told them I'm losing the fucking plot and they asked me if I wanted to stay on the mental health ward for respite.
Official diagnosis was post natal depression.
But holy shit! Was that place an eye opener. I was voluntary but some of the people there I really felt for.
I had some really interesting conversations and being there changed me, and the way I saw mental illness. It wAs really sad

The doctors actually wanted me to stay a few more days but because I was voluntary I left. I felt it wasn't really the place for me as some of the people were seriously Ill.
I just went to my gp and then to a phycologist and practiced me cognitive behaviour therapy.

Sometimes I have bouts of anxiety and depression but I've learned how to deal with it as best as I can. Still have my occasional break downs but nothing as bad

Back