Skip to main content

Clawson

It's fascinating how Cat's getting dragged through the mud as a home wrecking whore, when last year Tully took the brunt of the blame for her and Drew. No matter which party is the attached one, it always seems to come out the woman's fault.

I'm sympathetic towards Cat, I think people are jumping from "Cat is crushing on Lawson" to "Cat is actively pursuing Lawson". She can't help that she likes him. The whole scenario today was incredibly awkward to watch, I hope this put it to rest because I think Lawson and Cat have a bit more to offer as housemates than their weird relationship with each other.

In terms of the game I think it's pretty hard for either of them to win now. Lawson was my pick to win going in but he's peaked to early. Unless he steps down as alpha dog and lays low for a little bit really soon I can't see him making the top 3.

Absolutely! I'm shocked at how much love she gets, she's very crafty. I hope more people start wising up to her.
I actually like Cat, she can't help being more experienced, if you leave someone on the outside guess your BB experience more important than your relationship.....

I read somewhere on here that Lawson's gf changed her profile pic in fb to one of just her after all the Cat stuff started. It was one of them as a couple before.
Cat's disgusting for not respecting the fact that Lawson's in a relationship but if he's encouraging her he's just as bad.
Lawson decided a BB experience more important than his relationship so he is sort of up for grabs. Cat is being upfront, admire that. Lawson sees it all as he is the leader, deserves adoration. Messy

It's fascinating how Cat's getting dragged through the mud as a home wrecking whore, when last year Tully took the brunt of the blame for her and Drew. No matter which party is the attached one, it always seems to come out the woman's fault.

There is one glaring difference though, Lawson hasn't done anything untoward, whereas it was pretty clear that Tully did.

Pathetic chick number 2, Cat is. She and Sandra can start a group. To think I thought she was mature, upon entering the house. She is just whiny, and needy, and not mature at all. The constant approval she needs from her girls is nauseating. The whole thing with Lawson is inappropriate, and ridiculous. But, I think, I could be wrong, I think she'll respect the boundaries more than Sandra. I think she is on her way out, after this Lawson nonsense. The joke is, if someone was pursuing her ex, something tells me she'd have a thing or two to say about it. As for Lawson, I feel like he said what he needed to in the moment. I'm not convinced he feels what she does. I think he absolutely like the attention.
Nothing worse than needs women, and they have way too many of them this year. Cat is officially off my list. That stuff with Lawson was painful to watch.

There is one glaring difference though, Lawson hasn't done anything untoward, whereas it was pretty clear that Tully did.

Hmm yeah you're right, but I don't think I articulated what I meant very well. If you specifically compare people's reactions to Cat and Drew, you can see the internalised sexism. Both were interested in someone with a partner on the outside. Their situations are similar, but Drew got off without too much criticism whereas Cat is a home wrecker.

Pathetic chick number 2, Cat is. She and Sandra can start a group. To think I thought she was mature, upon entering the house. She is just whiny, and needy, and not mature at all. The constant approval she needs from her girls is nauseating. The whole thing with Lawson is inappropriate, and ridiculous. But, I think, I could be wrong, I think she'll respect the boundaries more than Sandra. I think she is on her way out, after this Lawson nonsense. The joke is, if someone was pursuing her ex, something tells me she'd have a thing or two to say about it. As for Lawson, I feel like he said what he needed to in the moment. I'm not convinced he feels what she does. I think he absolutely like the attention.
Nothing worse than needs women, and they have way too many of them this year. Cat is officially off my list. That stuff with Lawson was painful to watch.
There was a FB comment I posted on here near the start of this season with someone saying that after Cat got out of her 7 month marriage, she went completely batshit on the next guy she was with. Like a Glenn Close type from the description so you might be on to something with how she'd act if the situation were reversed. Of course it's just FB though but since it was before any of us really knew these people as HMs for more than a few days, it does make you wonder.

There was a FB comment I posted on here near the start of this season with someone saying that after Cat got out of her 7 month marriage, she went completely batshit on the next guy she was with. Like a Glenn Close type from the description so you might be on to something with how she'd act if the situation were reversed. Of course it's just FB though but since it was before any of us really knew these people as HMs for more than a few days, it does make you wonder.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. She's in love after 3 weeks? She feels so much for him, that's it's tearing her up inside, after 3 friggin weeks? Give me a damn break. This is a grown ass adult, running around, crying over some guy like a 12 year old school child. It's just too much. So, I can see the Glenn tendencies. Lol.

I just think Lawson wasn't firm enough. You don't tell someone you feel the same then tell them nothing is going to happen. That'll just give her an ounce of hope that If she keeps pushing she may gain more out of him

Yeah, what was with that? I thought I was hallucinating when he said that, with his face all calm and milky, and his eyes all wide and innocent, and then he said nothing is going to happen. Weird. Must make his girlfriend feel really assured.

Yeah, what was with that? I thought I was hallucinating when he said that, with his face all calm and milky, and his eyes all wide and innocent, and then he said nothing is going to happen. Weird. Must make his girlfriend feel really assured.
Yeah I was thinking... If I were on the outside, and -that- happened I'm not sure how I would be when he got out.

How do you go from being in a long term relationship to admitting to someone you have 'more than friends feelings' for someone, to potentially going back to your normal long term relationship on the outside. Is it emotional cheating??

I know its normal to think people are hot/pretty/a catch even when you're with someone - and happy. However would you verbalise it and allow for the other girl to continue? Lawson said "I'm still up for a cuddle etc but it can't go further"... Would it just stay as "cuddles"? Could it? Or would it slowly be cuddles come dry humping, wandering hands under the doona. I personally wouldn't be seeking out someone for a cuddle if I was in a relationship and knew the other chick (guy in my case lol but I digress) had feelings for me and has been acting weird around me for those exact reasons.

If I watched my bf do that I probably would not trust him after that... And I am not really the jealous/insecure type.. It's just... Odd behaviour.

I know they all say "oh you crave affection in the house" but a lot of people are away from their loved ones, be it they're serving overseas or they work on the mines etc.. You don't see them (well majority) shacking up with someone for part time cuddles etc. while their partner is away?....

Yeah I was thinking... If I were on the outside, and -that- happened I'm not sure how I would be when he got out.

How do you go from being in a long term relationship to admitting to someone you have 'more than friends feelings' for someone, to potentially going back to your normal long term relationship on the outside. Is it emotional cheating??

I just didn't know how to read it, or if he'd really said what I thought he'd said. It was as if he was saying, yeah I have feelings for you too but I can't do anything about it because I'm in a relationship (and we're on TV), you understand. How's about, "I am really flattered, you're a gorgeous woman, blah, blah, but you know I'm in a committed relationship. I'd really like you to still think of me as a friend.' And no freaking cuddles from here on in! ARGH.

To me, it's emotional cheating, and on national TV. I just don't know what he intended to come from that talk. Maybe he and his girlfriend have a really cool, calm, rock-solid understanding, and she won't be fazed by any of it - but 'I have feelings for you, too,' is a step too far for me.

I know they crave a lot of things in the house - chocolate or twisties or whatever - doesn't mean they go and eat the wall!

Maybe he didn't want to decimate her? At least he said nothing will happen. And yeah. I am probably clutching at straws here. But I do hope this may have sealed her fate and she hits the bricks on Monday.

I just think Lawson wasn't firm enough. You don't tell someone you feel the same then tell them nothing is going to happen. That'll just give her an ounce of hope that If she keeps pushing she may gain more out of him

Same with Sam frankly. You don't let a girl (Sandra) draw cutesie circles with her finger on your naked back if you've got a girlfriend.

Be a man and tell her it's not appropriate and to stop it.

Both of these guys are a bit weak in my view.

Back