Skip to main content

Show your pets

Hey thanks for the kind words and sharing your stories as well, I've heard back from the vet and it turns out that it was not a stroke but something called Vestibular Disease, which is a system in the brain. The vestibular system, which begins in the brain and runs into the inner ear, keeps the head and body in correct orientation and the body balanced.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/about_5200952_vestibular-disease-cats.html

From what I've read so far it does seem like she might recover, but the vet has told me that because Tiddles can't eat or pee because she does not know which way is up or down it does not seem likely that she will make it :(.
I'm going to go see her first thing in the morning and hopefully tonight she will improve, if not I'll have to say my final goodbyes.
So sorry to hear this @Indigo Montoya I hope you get good news and if not know we are here for you if you need to talk about it[DOUBLEPOST=1411128360][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still have Ruby, the casual cat, though. She clearly hates paparazzi.

10169365_10202837938683468_484162727091326088_n.jpg
she is gorgeous

I just got back from the Vet and Tiddles stopped rolling around uncontrollably, it seems that the worst has passed. We brought her home. She still has not eaten, but she has peed. I've tried to temp her with some cat food mixed with tuna water (she loves tuna btw), but she did not seemed that interested in it. She is walking a bit wobbly though, she spent like an hour just slowly walking around downstairs and then went outside and ended up in her favourite place under the broccoli plants.
I am over the moon that she is home, last night I prepared my self for the worst and had a little cry to myself just going through all my favourtie memories of her.
I took some photos of her....

t1.jpg t2.jpg

I just got back from the Vet and Tiddles stopped rolling around uncontrollably, it seems that the worst has passed. We brought her home. She still has not eaten, but she has peed. I've tried to temp her with some cat food mixed with tuna water (she loves tuna btw), but she did not seemed that interested in it. She is walking a bit wobbly though, she spent like an hour just slowly walking around downstairs and then went outside and ended up in her favourite place under the broccoli plants.
I am over the moon that she is home, last night I prepared my self for the worst and had a little cry to myself just going through all my favourtie memories of her.

View attachment 41825 View attachment 41826
YAY! She will hopefully get there, she has just been through something traumatic so she might not want to eat for a little while. But it's a good sign that she is doing some of her usual routines. Fingers crossed for you :)

Better news @Inigo Montoya. Was thinking about you today at work and wondering how Tiddles was going. I read up on that disorder and it seems some of them do recover quite well. Fingers crossed. I read that putting some water with the little food they can eat will help hydrate them. Best wishes and the pics are lovely!

View attachment 41825 View attachment 41826

I keep looking at her - she seems to be on such a mission, she looks like she owns the place. I like her style

This is my cat, she sometimes gets lazy and doesn't put her tongue back in. She's pretty cool, mischievous and I walk her on a lead. Haha
She is gorgeous! That tongue makes her look cheeky. I should have gotten my cat used to a lead when she was little. Maybe I'll try with my new boy .

She is gorgeous! That tongue makes her look cheeky. I should have gotten my cat used to a lead when she was little. Maybe I'll try with my new boy .
Yeah I taught her from when she was a kitten, so when she sees the harness she's like a dog she jumps up and down and tries to get her head in it. The thing is I live in an apartment so that is the only time she gets out. She doesn't really walk, more like we go to a park and I have the extra long lead and she bounces all over the place and I follow.

There's a girl near me and she walks her two rag dolls around the lake every day, but they're not on leads they just follow her. It's really awesome to see.[DOUBLEPOST=1411218364][/DOUBLEPOST]
How old is your new boy? Have you posted a pic?

YAY! She will hopefully get there, she has just been through something traumatic so she might not want to eat for a little while. But it's a good sign that she is doing some of her usual routines. Fingers crossed for you :)
Cheers thanks, yeah she is doing what she usually does..... Which is sleeping. She still has not eaten, hopefully she will wake me up at 4am wanting to be fed.
Better news @Inigo Montoya. Was thinking about you today at work and wondering how Tiddles was going. I read up on that disorder and it seems some of them do recover quite well. Fingers crossed. I read that putting some water with the little food they can eat will help hydrate them. Best wishes and the pics are lovely!
Thanks for thinking about me today.:)
I went and bought what seems like the entire wet cat food selection at the shops and I tried tempting her with a little bits of the different foods, but no she is not interested at all. Like I said above hopefully she'll want to eat tomorrow.

I keep looking at her - she seems to be on such a mission, she looks like she owns the place. I like her style
Yeah she is bit of a Diva. The dog and other cat can't even look at her without a lot of noise coming from her. And don't even get me started on the stupid cat next door.

I'm glad she's home @Inigo Montoya , she's very pretty and wow what long hair! I've never had a long hair cat, do you have to brush her all the time? I hope she gets better and better!

Thanks you for the kind words.
Yeah her fur is really long and I'm pretty sure that I should be brushing it, but I like not having my hands/arms all scratched up. Trust me Tiddles likes to take care of her own grooming.

Yeah I taught her from when she was a kitten, so when she sees the harness she's like a dog she jumps up and down and tries to get her head in it. The thing is I live in an apartment so that is the only time she gets out. She doesn't really walk, more like we go to a park and I have the extra long lead and she bounces all over the place and I follow.

There's a girl near me and she walks her two rag dolls around the lake every day, but they're not on leads they just follow her. It's really awesome to see.[DOUBLEPOST=1411218364][/DOUBLEPOST]
How old is your new boy? Have you posted a pic?
Not sure exactly how old he is, just got him as a rescue cat. We are going to the vet next week for his operation so will get her to try to tell me his age. He is just starting to trust me (there might be a setback in the relationship when his nuts disappear lol). Unfortunately I am technologically challenged - can't gif or post stuff on an iPad. He is a handsome boy, a smoky colour. I just need to fatten him up a bit, he had a rough start in life.

Not sure exactly how old he is, just got him as a rescue cat. We are going to the vet next week for his operation so will get her to try to tell me his age. He is just starting to trust me (there might be a setback in the relationship when his nuts disappear lol). Unfortunately I am technologically challenged - can't gif or post stuff on an iPad. He is a handsome boy, a smoky colour. I just need to fatten him up a bit, he had a rough start in life.
Haha I'm posting on an iPad too. That's why my pic turned out like that, I just clicked on the "upload a file" button next to "post reply" and it's like you're attaching a picture msg on your iPhone. I don't know how to it other ways.

Gosh I don't know how people on here can post so many gifs so quickly, it's amazing. I don't even know how to download shows, if I did I'd have to quit a job.... Haha. What a lucky cat to be rescued by you, a lot guys I know don't seem to have any balls and they've gotten through life just fine, lol.

Haha I'm posting on an iPad too. That's why my pic turned out like that, I just clicked on the "upload a file" button next to "post reply" and it's like you're attaching a picture msg on your iPhone. I don't know how to it other ways.

Gosh I don't know how people on here can post so many gifs so quickly, it's amazing. I don't even know how to download shows, if I did I'd have to quit a job.... Haha. What a lucky cat to be rescued by you, a lot guys I know don't seem to have any balls and they've gotten through life just fine, lol.
Ok cool I will try to take a pic of him tomorrow, he is fast asleep with a round belly at the moment, he is just relaxing enough to not startle when we move around near him. And yes hahahaha I think I have met some of those guys...

Cheers thanks, yeah she is doing what she usually does..... Which is sleeping. She still has not eaten, hopefully she will wake me up at 4am wanting to be fed.

Thanks for thinking about me today.:)
I went and bought what seems like the entire wet cat food selection at the shops and I tried tempting her with a little bits of the different foods, but no she is not interested at all. Like I said above hopefully she'll want to eat tomorrow.

Yeah she is bit of a Diva. The dog and other cat can't even look at her without a lot of noise coming from her. And don't even get me started on the stupid cat next door.

Thanks you for the kind words.
Yeah her fur is really long and I'm pretty sure that I should be brushing it, but I like not having my hands/arms all scratched up. Trust me Tiddles likes to take care of her own grooming.

So glad she is doing better,what a relief

Back