Skip to main content

Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?

I was just thinking exactly that. Not that I was chatting…but those live feed threads were my main reason for coming to Behind BB last season. They felt almost like a haven when the housemate forum got a bit too much at times. :)
There were a lot of people who weren't chatting but visited those threads religiously. You could tell by the way the number of views would shoot up way higher than the number of posts. It makes me sad that that whole experience is gone for people like you now. All the jfake complaining we did about Mumbai and Kookaburras and Tim cruising around alone each morning at 8am... I honestly never thought we wouldn't have that this year. Bloody terrible.

There were a lot of people who weren't chatting but visited those threads religiously. You could tell by the way the number of views would shoot up way higher than the number of posts. It makes me sad that that whole experience is gone for people like you now. All the jfake complaining we did about Mumbai and Kookaburras and Tim cruising around alone each morning at 8am... I honestly never thought we wouldn't have that this year. Bloody terrible.

And boy did we whinge those days they cut the live feed - finding photos of kookaburras, cows, whatever and making up updates. It's the main reason I've hung around - I like the interactions. That's why there is a thread that is 20+ pages about camerashy. I still look at the website everyday hoping it will suddenly appear :cry:

It's sad they haven't even bothered to reply to any of our concerns either.
That's just so rude, we are the people who vote and talk about their show on lots of different SM platforms and they do not even have the common decently to reply to us. Shows you what cunts the people at Channel Nine really are.

I was honestly was really looking forward to the live feed threads this year, I felt as thought I had gotten to know the main posters on here a lot better and thought that it would be a lot more fun this year.

Last edited:
And boy did we whinge those days they cut the live feed - finding photos of kookaburras, cows, whatever and making up updates. It's the main reason I've hung around - I like the interactions. That's why there is a thread that is 20+ pages about camerashy. I still look at the website everyday hoping it will suddenly appear :cry:
Yep, I like the interactions too. My favourite part. I can feel already how it's changed on the forum this season. Actually I felt it by the second day as I'm sure you did too. Looking at threads you'd normally not even bother to before or even if there was one you wanted to check out, it'd be on the 2nd or 3rd page of new posts by the time you remembered so you'd struggle to find it. Now it's like a struggle to find things to chat about BB current season related which is why your comment about the camerashy thread is so spot on. I said the other day that thread was double the # of pages of most of the current HMs ones on here if not larger, and now it's attracting people who don't even know who she is. Simply because what else is there to chat about? I'm with you... I keep thinking I'm going to log on here the next day and see the LF forum open again and updates suddenly appear. Seriously, how many of us would volunteer to upload the vids and send out the tweets for free if it were really a $ concern for Ch 9. It's just so upsetting.

It's odd there's a post on facebook about the stupid radar thing.

While as I have said this is just a feature who ever provides their web hosting provides that they are using to beef up web content. It is totally pointless?

So what, user generated stuff?

Are they trying to get people to tweet about their favourite housemate? For what gain? For what end?

Will someone on twitter see someone use a #skyebbau and then suddenly think they are missing out on something awesome and watch?

More so than if someone retweeted something funny happening in the house. That then someone not watching may see, click on and watch a video or see a funny / interesting article or video.

It is just so pointless.

So many people are still complaining over on their FB page. It is really starting to look like more complaints and less positive feedback

I honestly feel that Australian tv has no sense at all about programming and promotion and social media. The Amazing Race Australia is the best Amazing Race show worldwide- but it gets no ratings.

I'm willing to bet that voting is way down this year, not that we ever know the actual numbers.
To vote, and spend money, people have to be invested in the characters. Is anyone really going to care that much about anyone in the house? I feel we hardly know anything at all about them.
Will many people care about saving someone who already has won

I don't understand why they made these changes. And, I bet a lot of the ratings are from fans from last year, not a bunch of brand new viewers. The show needs to retain the old viewers, it's not a new concept. The show got popular because of the cast and the drama last year, but all these changes aren't going to keep viewers engaged for the long term.

It also changes the players strategy, do you just go for as much cash as you can, and give up on winning? Last year Tim and Tahan kept their eyes on the big prize, will anyone do that this year?

I agree it could be called "the summer house party with prizes" instead of big brother.

Plus, many of the best interactions took place while cooking, eating together and washing up. Losing that takes out a lot of charm from the show.

I am really committing to it: I will not be voting if they don't give us more to work with. Voting on BB, in its current state, would be akin to voting on which teenager is going to get in trouble with the principal next on Home and Away.

You get about an hour of information (after ads) on weeknights. Where they edit their favourites into almost every "scene" and the ones they want out get little airtime, or airtime in a negative light only.

At least with the Twitter feed, and the website last year, you could get a little bit more to work with to generate a decent picture of characters.

The Twitter feed is an especially frustrating loss for me. I had it set up to automatically email the @BBAULIVE tweets to my work email address - it broke up the day nicely and felt like I somewhat knew what was going on... you know.. LIVE.

The fact I am so pissed off about not getting 140 characters emailed to me every half hour... when we USED to be able to watch LIVE STREAMING FEEDS FROM THE HOUSE... is so fucking backwards.

The show is devolving with the times. Typically, as technology progresses, you EVOLVE with it, you give your (paying) customers MORE to work with, make it MORE convenient, give them MORE control (Jump-in App can fuck right off. You can vote for the next HOH, whoopdeefuckingdoo - probably pre-determined). Instead, year after year, they take stuff away.

Based on their current rate of devolution, next year they will snail mail us a brochure inviting us to be in the Big Brother Fan Club where you pay a $20 a year subscription to get mailed updates once a month and a t-shirt which may or may not be in your size, and a sketchily signed headshot of your favourite housemate.

Not related to live updates, but I’ve got a theory*…

That BB is becoming a vehicle designed to improve ratings for The Block and capture a broader audience or different demographic (ie BB viewers that the facebook / twitter pages seem to be targeting).

Until a couple of weeks ago I had not watched an episode of The Block this year. Then I watched it looking for BB housemate ads…and again prior to BB starting each night…and again on Friday due to different airing times. The result? I now want to know if the whole flippin’ tree-on-the-balcony issue is resolved! Lol.

Ooh better go – it’s reveal time!!

(Or: I’m bored...can you tell? ;))

*that it’s a demon. A dancing demon, nah – something isn’t right there.

Sorry – force of habit. :p

Oswin I completely agree they were looking for overlapping viewers. Considering throughout the week, BB didn't even have an airing time apart from "AFTER THE BLOCK". -.-

I refused to turn on the TV during The Block just to wait for BB. I just waited for this website to start reporting on the daily show and then turned on. :p

The more we log on the more they feel justified. Their stance is "the shows fan base is so loyal those more costly things aren't necessarily ie live feeds and updates. "In the first week of the shows airing. The number of site visits is 8 times that of last year". So as they see it the small drop in ratings is more than made up for in site clicks.

From Facebook.
Help your favourite Housemate get on BB's Radar!

Comment or Post on Facebook using their dedicated hashtag: #NameBBAU

#BBAU

The whole social media drive is now making a bit more sense. On the Radar, there’s a tally for nominations points. At first I didn’t think much of it, but now I’m picking that the Housemate (or Housemates) at the bottom of the Radar each week receive a point (added to those received in the house).

So not only does BB get to decide who we see each episode – and therefore tweet about – it also means that HMs will be encouraged to play up for the cameras / be more entertaining / less their natural selves in the house to avoid extra noms points.

Oh…and #BBAU gets extra pings (whatever they are), mentions etc in the process – ‘proving’ what a popular show it is. :rolleyes:

I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve got a feelin’ in me waters.

Back