Skip to main content

Talk to Timdormer (yes it's really me)

I dunno? I wondered the same thing when they sent the questions through last week! I just love sharing my stories of such a great experience in my life! In a way I feel like I never got to explain a lot of things because I never had a sit down interview with sonny on my finale night...I even had answers prepared for some of the hard hitting questions I thought she was gonna lay on me! Sometimes I think maybe I was spared.

Oh and in true Tim form I've hidden some little hints and secrets thoughout my answers in that article too if you wanna get really into it!!

I was so disappointed that you didn't get a interview with Sonia on the finale. The finale just ended once you got up on the stage. How disappointing. BB's 2012 winner Benjamin got to have a little interview and proposed to his boyfriend. So unfair you didn't get a chance for a interview (and a proposal! ;) haha)

Haha don't worry I'm not dying! (Even though I'm sure there would be some who would rejoice in the thought) I meant that I am going away bush next week where I won't have phone/internet. Plus I think there might be some rules with one role I was signing up for that I can't give my opinions on Big Brother related stuff to certain platforms, I argued it last week though! Nobody censors tim!
So I'll re ask my question from last week, will u have a onscreen role this series?

@Timdormer - are we reading into things to much? There seems to be something going on this year.

- You are in the promo
- Chrissie had a special done on her for ACA then even guest reported recently
- on the ninemsn news story site they were looking to interview the turkey slappers

Could these signs (and there could be others I have forgotten) point to some kind of involvement, not only by you, of ex-HMs in the 2014 series somehow?

Or just freaky coincidence ?!?

I know I'm dreaming (and this is sort of derailing @Timdormer 's thread - sorry) but how cool would it be to have Chrissie as the 'golf buggy interviewer' asking that week's evictee the 10 BB Questions on the way from house to stage!

@Timdormer There has been a lot of positive feedback about this years promo, but there seems to be a small number of people (actually just the one that I know about) that thinks it's got too many graphics of seas, cliffs and viking ships. What are your thoughts? Do you like graphics?

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/forums/threads/memories-of-big-brother-1-and-todays-bb-promos.51307/
ceelo-laugh.gif

2 more questions:

1. How do you know some of this years housemates? Did you previously audition with them?
2. Did you base any of your game play on things that past housemates have done? Early on in the series you reminded me of pot stirrer Paul from the 2004 season.

@Timdormer

Last edited:
How much do HMs get paid per week? And how long after the series or your eviction does that continue? I think I remember reading somewhere that back in the Channel 10 days it was something like $500 per week and they continued to pay for a couple of weeks after your eviction, but that was back when they had heaps of appearances at night clubs etc to tour.
I don't think I'm actually allowed to say this, but yes I received $500/wk while I was on the show, it didn't continue afterwards. Ben tells a funny story of actually receiving only $250 the week he was evicted midweek, which we laugh at being very stindgy! I've heard rumours that the housemate allowance was a lot higher back in the day, and that in some cases certain housemates were actually paid higher than others.

I don't think I'm actually allowed to say this, but yes I received $500/wk while I was on the show, it didn't continue afterwards. Ben tells a funny story of actually receiving only $250 the week he was evicted midweek, which we laugh at being very stindgy! I've heard rumours that the housemate allowance was a lot higher back in the day, and that in some cases certain housemates were actually paid higher than others.

$800 or $900 rings a bell from the Channel TEN days. But if that was per fortnight then it is not that different to $500 per week (obviously :p).

Did that start during Lockdown or not until the Launch?

Wow. Thanks for sharing that. After I asked I thought it might be too personal. You really are an open book. :)

It's fascinating to hear the 'back stories' especially for those of us who have loved and followed the show more than your average punter. Cheers once again :thumbsup:

$800 or $900 rings a bell from the Channel TEN days. But if that was per fortnight then it is not that different to $500 per week (obviously :p).

Did that start during Lockdown or not until the Launch?
Starts in lockdown. What's funny is I was used to living on like $200 a week as a Uni student before big brother so I was making money in there! Some people though used to brag about their big salaries and mortgages and what not, whinging that they were 'losing' money being on the show. I was always like 'go home then!'

I know I'm dreaming (and this is sort of derailing @Timdormer 's thread - sorry) but how cool would it be to have Chrissie as the 'golf buggy interviewer' asking that week's evictee the 10 BB Questions on the way from house to stage!
It certainly would be a step towards bringing back the 'event television' style evictions that Channel 10 did a better job of!

hahaha Ben got $250 that week?! What a bunch of cheap f'rs. Most of us had assumed you were all paid at least until after the wave of mandatory BB promo stuff was over. Ch 9 are shockers for that.
Even $500 a week is way too damn low.

Back