Skip to main content

Memories of Big brother 1 and todays BB promos

John

Hey people. Nice to know someone likes to share light on Big brother reality tv show such as this forum.

Ive discovered BB show pretty much the last 6 weeks left of big brother series 1. I simply never knew there was such a show and when i watch it i first saw people on a large table everyone talking and eating.. it almost felt like it was some webcam live or one of these prank hiden cameras... noted the position of the camera almost felt like wow what kind of show is this. Thats how i discovered big brother series 1 only 6 weeks before it pretty much ended.

I have alot of video i have of the tour of the big brother house after the show... went along and started to film pretty much everything from closeups to all. Noted that each big brother house ive been was twice and all of them seems so (small) but when you looked at it on television it felt wide and big. Oh yes the magic trick about camera lens.

-----------

What i don't seem to enjoy as much of big brother knowdays its just that since 2003 or 20014 the while big brother show was dying down slowly.... and each year such as big brother series 2 everyone used to say uuuh she wanna be like the previews (housemate) wanna be one.... and so it started to become negative about the show over recent years of many things that happens.

I think its to do with peoples personality and attitute when they enter the house. yes they can all become cocky sometimes...

Unfortunally channel 9 commercials for big brother are becoming more boring and more cheap ends meat... i really dont like the big brother promos at all. Most of the time i don't get it... like the twist ? know the thunder ? know something else. Just acting in a role play of promos with a few actors that you simply dont no who they are... but why are they showing them strangers on promos and using them more then one diferent promos.

The promos of big brother show is not as good as it ones used to pure be when channel ten had the show and rights... Back then the show was simply nature and pure of all regards to the big brother show.. Know you see promotions with big words big brother but outside in a island in nsw... showing actors dress as a nurse... gym buddy.... business guy.... all that doesn't make scene and the thunder effect and the eco sound over voice.

Why do they have to do rediculours wasted promos like that ?

Wouldn't it be nice to see the real big brother promos ? like show close up of the house maybe show the preview wonders of the australian big brother housemates with memories added with visual effects... Not just some random cliff next to a sea in nsw ?

First of all big brother is on the goldcoast and not in nsw.. So whats with the promo been so faulty ?

Let us your say and please enjoy your ideas and wonders.

Just think the todays promos of big brother is getting less big brother itself then what it should be. Its more related to acting and effects over a promo. I rather see the real big brother promo.. Not static ideas of sound and effect over something that is less related to the actual house itself.

Of course the show is not a outdoor place nor its in a cliff nor out the sea like the promo is showing... I like the promos that big brother had. It was simple and well done. Today just see people actors like last year again it was out the street people dancing all actors dress as a nurse again and business suite again... peopole dont just dress like that to enter big brother house... People seem to wear enough normal clothing. Not like a nurse dress as nurse to enter the house and a business guy with his suite which again that just stupid. The promos are getting stupid then ever before..

So i think previews promos was more fun and more suprising. Today its more effects and lots of graphics over a promo that 80% of it all looks rediculours and seems less and less bb itself. Im sure older people would agree that before it was better..

I think the actual show is dyeing of slowly.. its just not as good as it ones use to be.. some how or another the show will aventually give up... things just change... like everyone does.

You are right about everything, that bloody promo is rediclous, those graphics are so stoopid! And that viking ship is just..... I don't no...... It makes no sense..... As sea made of graphics?.....Come on Nine give us a real promo...... Not made of graphics.

Too much mucking about of the actual big brother itself with channel 9... channel 9 seems to enjoy making promos with lots of graphics and sound effects such as storms..... Why not concentrate more of the actual big brother itself rather then making (random) promos of things for big brother which 80% of all times just looks rediculours and stupid. Like the thunderstorms ? what is that about... the nurse dress as nurse and a guy dress as cowboy? that just not how people dress up to enter a house.. whats with the cliff and the sound effects ? its just not as good as ones bb promos used to be lol :)Perhaps the younger generation may not understand where im comming from.

[DOUBLEPOST=1409376210][/DOUBLEPOST]

You are right about everything, that bloody promo is rediclous, those graphics are so stoopid! And that viking ship is just..... I don't no...... It makes no sense..... As sea made of graphics?.....Come on Nine give us a real promo...... Not made of graphics.

Thank you. Someone agrees with good thinking cap. Good on you. Yes i mean whats with the promo of a vickin ship... the sea which looks made of graphics... in a island in nsw ? and people (the actors) dress as if they going to work in a ship dress as nurse and a gym buddy ? really that just doesnt make scene... the sound effects are the dodgy part of the promo..... the thunder ? what is the thunder weather has anything to do with the actual big brother itself ? one would scratch his head and wonder if big brother are all immaturity wonders :)

Channel 9 are just really really bad at making big brother promos... wouldnt you rather see a good real pure big brother promo that is more focus on the actual show rather then seen actors dress as a nurse and outdoors ? first of all last time i recall big brother show is actually in a big brother house and never outdoors on a cliff next to a sea.... Duh one would wonder who are the people making these promos :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UPLOAD IT! :eek:

I went in to film everything when people came to visit the big brother house in series 1.
Lots of memories.. but later on big brother numbers became less and less exciting.. Just more boring then ever before. Like i said the most pure boring part of the big brother so far for 2014 are the stupid promos. Big brother show is not an act... its not a actor game. So why have stupid promos with sound effects ? i call it dodgy... you will look back years on and laugh how dump the promos where made by channel 9.

Channel ten knew exactly how to make it simple and fact promos of bb itself. Channel 9 focus more on actors in the promo in a outdoor fake inviroment most of it all made of graphics.....

one other thing is... big brother years back we had alot to do and see... uplate big brother shows.... live webcams to interact with the housemates... Know days your non getting any of that and all your looking at are more the stupid promos your watching by channel 9 who simply seems to have this silly habbit with sound effects and graphics but less concentration on the actual big brother itself... just big words big brother but then the rest of the promo looks stupid :)

Thank you. Someone agrees with good thinking cap. Good on you. Yes i mean whats with the promo of a vickin ship... the sea which looks made of graphics... in a island in nsw ? and people (the actors) dress as if they going to work in a ship dress as nurse and a gym buddy ? really that just doesnt make scene... the sound effects are the dodgy part of the promo..... the thunder ? what is the thunder weather has anything to do with the actual big brother itself ? one would scratch his head and wonder if big brother are all immaturity wonders :)

Channel 9 are just really really bad at making big brother promos... wouldnt you rather see a good real pure big brother promo that is more focus on the actual show rather then seen actors dress as a nurse and outdoors ? first of all last time i recall big brother show is actually in a big brother house and never outdoors on a cliff next to a sea.... Duh one would wonder who are the people making these promos :)
I hate the vickinc ship the most... promo should bb look like good to people promo with to many graphics does not make a good bb. What is this ancient people times..... nobody has vikini ship in nsw on an island made of graphics next to a sea made of graphics.

I hate the vickinc ship the most... promo should bb look like good to people promo with to many graphics does not make a good bb. What is this ancient people times..... nobody has vikini ship in nsw on an island made of graphics next to a sea made of graphics.

Haha yes well said my friend. Whats with the vickin ship has anything to do with the big brother itself ? A vicking ship in nsw ? whats with the nsw island on that promo and the cliff and the bridge ? Why negative features such as sound effects with thunder and rain ? All that just isn't simply a real big brother promo like it really should be..

Like i said big brother HOUSE is not a ship nor a vickin wooden ship.. and people who goes in there are not dress as a business man and the other as a nurse.... and its not like the thunder has anything to do related to anything what so ever about the big brother SHOW.... the show is not a weather show.

But aniways just like preview year channel 9 has this silly the twist promo ? what is the twist music has anything to do with the big brother show has anything to do to it ? Whats with the actors dancing in a street next to a church on that stupid twist promo last year has anything to do with everything to do about big brother show ? Like i said... the actual big brother show is a reality show and not next to a church nor out the street nor out on a cliff like you see on todays promos.. So i guess you could say channel 9 are very very dreadfull at making big brother promos.. just doesnt make no scene.

It only is the actual promos that makes it less and less of a big brother excitement.. its mainly more base on sound effects.... lots of graphics over a promo and stuff that i don't even get the meaning like you said the vickin ship.. this is 2014 not a acient reality show :) oh well channel 9 needs to stop with the habbit of the graphics and sound effects its far too childish.

channel 9 always says they are restricted to budget cost when it comes to big brother show.... well if you think again they are actually wasting more CASH for making a outdoor promo with actors and cameras and all then one that could simply cost much less and a quick simple real big brother promo without the fuzz and sound effects over it. If they going to make a good promo make it related more of the actual show itself. Not something that doesnt seem to be anything like the show itself. Unless of course the big brother show is in a vickin boat in a island ? seriously.

first of all there is no
No more uplate-big brother show like it used to be.
No more adults only big brother MA like it used to be
No more live webcams online to watch BB 24/7 like it used to be
No more live grand big brother shows like it used to be.

So you can imagen why big brother show knowdays is less of a meh thing for most of all.

Why bother make a big brother knowdays if we aint getting the good bits. Why bother watch a full show that half the while time its edited really badly...

They had Vikings in Biblical times?
the promo shows a vickin ship and if you slow motion the promo its base on a fake graphic island in nsw..... one wonders and scratch his head and wonder if big brother is know in nsw and on a wooden ship.... seriously just not as good as it ones used to be when channel ten had it well planned.[DOUBLEPOST=1409363877][/DOUBLEPOST]And and whats with sonia dress as some olden times like a god ? what is that has anything really to do with the actual big brother show in a house ? haha so silly promos.

only the promos are that bad. the worse dump bb promos made by channel 9 ive ever seen.,.. diferent countries do way better then this lot of promos. No one wants to see fake graphics on a promo with sound effects such as thunder and people dress like they never dress like that. People want to see the real big brother promotion. Wouldnt you too ? :)

Yeah didn't you know... They also had dragons and unicorns. JFC did you not see the promo made of GRAPHIC in a SEAS!!!!!!!!

Well all that just waste of money and time to greate too much fake and graphics.. unicorn ? the thunder ? the idiot dress as a skeleton ? shes dress up like shes jessus and a vickin ship and in a island next to a cliff ? thats really not a good made up big brother promo lol.. sorry but no just stupid.. It looks more like a soup pera drama promo then a actual big brother itself. Seriously ;)

Its why i for me anyways seem to be more of a meh about big brother show knowdays because its just made up so badly and on channel 9.. they only good at making sound effects and graphics.... older generation like us may understand why preview years back was much much better promoted of the show then what it is.... today lol

the promo shows a vickin ship and if you slow motion the promo its base on a fake graphic island in nsw..... one wonders and scratch his head and wonder if big brother is know in nsw and on a wooden ship.... seriously just not as good as it ones used to be when channel ten had it well planned.[DOUBLEPOST=1409363877][/DOUBLEPOST]And and whats with sonia dress as some olden times like a god ? what is that has anything really to do with the actual big brother show in a house ? haha so silly promos.
Okay but it's definitely not a Viking ship at all. It's Noah's ark. It's a metaphor. They've used a metaphor. I'm sorry, bless you, but your posts are almost impossible to read and the spelling and grammar are almost as bad as your views. I agree that the promos that Nine produce aren't as great as the Channel Ten days, but I think you're missing the point of why. The old ones were always much more directly related to the show i.e. Gretel quizzing BB on what the twist was, Gretel having a press conference and hiding the twist, whereas Nine's adds have been mostly metaphors, i.e. an invisible house in the middle of the street that only certain people can enter, or a ring and football goal posts that can twist, or Noah's ark.

Also Nine are terrible at making graphics, have you seen '12 and '13's opening titles?

Back