Skip to main content

2014 House...

And what producers are saying.
Oh, so wait a second... Are we saying there is going to be a multi level house or not? And who is goon? Have we found out yet? Or is he still the popcorn guy or whatever?

Oh, so wait a second... Are we saying there is going to be a multi level house or not? And who is goon? Have we found out yet? Or is he still the popcorn guy or whatever?

Point being: no one knows for sure. Goon tends to be reliable. But plans could change, or things could be quite different from the information being passed around. You never know. Hence the grainy saltiness.

The key words here are building "out AND up".

What that means is open to interpretation. o_O

Like a tree-house in the back yard.

I honesty don't think we would get a 2 floor house

The amount of time and money to get the current compound to a standard that can hold and support a second floor, is out of the question right now.

I honesty don't think we would get a 2 floor house

The amount of time and money to get the current compound to a standard that can hold and support a second floor, is out of the question right now.
Yeah, I've been there and the entire compound is practically falling apart, anyway they have so much stuff in the frame of the roof if they got rid of any of it it'd probably fall apart.

It's not very insightful, but this article does dispel some of the talk of the second storey.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/big-brother-boss-search-queensland-talent/2220398/

He disputed rumours that this year's house will be two storeys.

"Big Brother said he's building out as well as up. He's very cryptic man, so I wouldn't take it too literally," he said.

"What we can promise is intrigue and as always there will be twists and turns. Expect the unexpected."

As with everything though, take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I've been there and the entire compound is practically falling apart, anyway they have so much stuff in the frame of the roof if they got rid of any of it it'd probably fall apart.
Even from the start it's always been a very basic shell, there isn't much in the roof.
They haven't done much to add support or upgrade the roof since it was first built.

I wish they would just knock it all down, and start fresh

You have to remember the house is only a small part of the production there, 300 staff that work onsite and many are locals and all the infrastructure that is already existing. Look at the block over the last week, they could have the existing shed down and a new structure up in weeks if needed. It's the associated infrastructure that make it a easy option to stay at Dreamworld.

Whatever. The second storey was yet another pre-season fib.

Every year they make some vague promise about the house or the show when auditions start up. The promises turn out to be fibs but by the time the show gets going everyone's already forgotten about them.

Lol! A 'fib'. Haha.

They will have some kind of house is going 'up' explanation, it just won't be a second storey.

My point is they are super bad at doing the pre-season hype work. All of their mysteriously vague promises turn into big disappointments.

Aww pre season hype and disappointment, good times good times.

I would love to see a house with no hidden rooms.
No rewards rooms, no gardens or hidden bathrooms.

I just want to go one season where they don't try to manufacture relationships / hook ups. It's well and truly been done to death.

Even the layout of the past two houses has been set up to privately mash penises and vaginas together (in a PG kind of way) - rewards room, captains quarters etc.

Back