Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

So I bought some swim trunks from Ebay. Aware that lots of them are poorly designed with no room up front I bought these ones:

View attachment 37125

Having received them, I have to say they are the male equivalent of a push-up bra. There is no way in hell I could wear these in public. Unless I was at an all-gay resort. But in that case I probably wouldn't need them.

It's a plastic man!

And what did you think you were buying when you saw that picture?..!

It's a plastic man!

And what did you think you were buying when you saw that picture?..!

LOL, it's just that they are so much more, um, enhancing than I expected. I might yet take to wearing them as underwear under my jeans to impress people. :D

LOL, it's just that they are so much more, um, enhancing than I expected. I might yet take to wearing them as underwear under my jeans to impress people. :D

show us, show us, show us TDW - very cute looking, take a pic
rather wild and awesome taste you have

and today, eating and typing no caps sorry - and I got a great deal out of optus, more gigs & free mobile calls for 12months, no contract

Our net was slugging, complained fixed and offered freebies if I don't piss off to Telstra - I did mention they keep bugging me to come back, optus don't know I hate Telstra and would go anywhere rather than them.

Whenever you deal with utilities and services, now I am always pushing for a better deal - there is a lot more bartering, negotiating going on out there.
And in stores, if I buy expensive stuff like skin care, I ask for free samples - have heaps of lovely clarins to try since I have been buying that brand for the teen.

My nicest sister's house flooded because of a dickhead plumber. Poor thing, no insurance, and disgusting soaked carpet. And she isn't well.
And holy crap it's difficult, so much stuff to move around and pull up and throw out. Not fair, she is a really kind, good person, always doing stuff for others, and she deserves some good luck not bad.

Happy Aussie Day weekend everyone:)

Hello, my cyber-friend! Yes, I still post occasionally and I miss my old friends, too. I'm sure I'll be about more regularly soon. Life, busy, job, kids - all that. xxx

P.S. I'll post more boring youtube vids when I've had a few drinks. :)

Helloooooooooooooo. I miss those twinkly toes:):):)
So your hiding out in the serenity thread down there - barely any text threads are so blissfull.

Today, I viewed this clip - Robert Downey CAN sing!

The following showed up as a "link to" of something else I was just watching. Thought you'd like. :)

[youtubevid]WO_sakIdUjw[/youtubevid]

Dunno why youtube reckons it is a suitable link to my "take 1" (Catseye Bay, Hamilton Island) clip wot LSCP and I put together about this time last year when we were holidaying in QLD

Prefer the "take 2" version filmed @ Marina Shores, Airlie Beach myself, as per:

[youtubevid]OOzSBXzEVVw[/youtubevid]

regarDS

"Today I ..." took a look at what LSCP and I did for the Oz day weekend last year and discovered, in amongst a whole bunch of happy snaps and gopro clips etc, some live footage of "The Presets" performing "My People" for the Canberra Oz Day Eve concert.

You can enjoy that one after the fly-over and a minute and a bit of Jimmy Barnes being streamed from a little stage in front of parliarment house to the main stage / main sound system that was way behind us.

[youtubevid]m2Bl6LgAPxU[/youtubevid]

(lulz @ me making a comparison to Jimeoin and his "people" song in the middle of the clip)

anyhoo, nearly time to wake numba1son up and tell him to taxi over so we can taxi on down to the yacht club for the rest of the arvo/evening.

I was hoping on stormy(ish) weather (like it was for the Pert fireworks the other year) but it looks like it is just going to remain hot, hot, hot.

oh well.

Hope yours woz a good one.

regarDS

Last edited:
You called it :)
Unbelievable! ;) So amazing you tracked it down. Thank you

The following showed up as a "link to" of something else I was just watching. Thought you'd like. :)

[youtubevid]WO_sakIdUjw[/youtubevid]

Dunno why youtube reckons it is a suitable link to my "take 1" (Catseye Bay, Hamilton Island) clip wot LSCP and I put together about this time last year when we were holidaying in QLD

Prefer the "take 2" version filmed @ Marina Shores, Airlie Beach myself, as per:

[youtubevid]OOzSBXzEVVw[/youtubevid]

regarDS

^ Aww! memories. Fabulous views.

Hey [MENTION=355]derspatz[/MENTION], what was the name/link of that collaborative music on line thing?

Hey [MENTION=355]derspatz[/MENTION], what was the name/link of that collaborative music on line thing?

Kompoz :)

www.kompoz.com

and here is an awesome drummer/collaborator well worth the follow: http://www.kompoz.com/music/artist/naedsukram

Just got back from the fireworks.

Us too. LCSP, numba1son and I decided to walk home from RPYC rather than wait for a taxi.

here's a zoomed in shot lscp took from our balcony table. certainly a nice night to be out, a nice night on the river, and a nice night for a stroll home ...

... cept if ya wearing shoes not built for walking in that is. ooops. LSCP not so happy with me now, what with her now sitting with feet wrapped around an ice pack. lol.

2014skyshow.jpg

regarDS

shaharazad.jpg

Pencils by Mike Dibalfo
Inks by James Goodwin

I've been working on some more complicated pics over the past 6 weeks of my summer break, and after a few delays I've now finished this one off - yay!

But with work starting again this week it'll be back to some simpler pics I think for a while

cheers
Sean

Hey Sean, no blue. Not even the sky really. Looks great - but then they always do.

hey everyone :)

mum got the first scan back since starting chemo, the tumor in her liver hasnt grown anymore which is probably good news. but her lymph nodes are still swimming in cancer cells and they are going to wait a couple of weeks before doing another test. The chemo is making her terribly sick and her hair is falling out now. but shes doing well with a lot of crafts to keep her busy. The house they are renting is still on the market so they have had someone viewing every weekend. my poor dad having to look after mum AND keep the house clean.

So many family members still think (or are in denial) that she is going to be cured 100% which is frustrating but then i suppose that is better than them sopping on my shoulder.

my brother is the hugest pain in my side. I just cannot believe how different we are and we cant even talk to each other anymore. hes living on a friends couch and drives a yellow stickered car, mum and dad just brought him new tyres the other day even tho they kicked him out in the first place to avoid how much he costs them. hes now talking about how he needs to move back home because living at his friends costs a lot of money (as the friend charges board) so I called him a sponge as he'd rather live at mum and dads where they dont charge him hahaha so he rang me up and swore at me heaps. he rekons hes trying his best then i said that isnt good enough. oops!

as siblings we are in the same situation, have had mostly the same options and opportunities etc yet he blames me for being "lucky" and getting things "handed to me". no boy! I just worked hard to make the best of each situation and lived off baked beans etc so thats why i have nice things and you sleep on a couch.

anywhoo lovely rant from me :) Today I .. finished my scrapbook from all my europe photos it looks so beautiful I love it.

Ah Melly, we are all different - I think some people resent those that are able to push themselves towards goals (like you can, like you do) it's an admirable trait but some people procrastinate themselves from fear into inertia. Then of course, look to justify and blame anything other than their own failings.

Thanks ders :)

Today I learned that .... bullshit is bullshit. Not for the first time either :)

Melly, family is tough even at the best of times. You would like to think when it is crisis time they would all step up - but it rarely happens. It sounds like you are doing a great job though - so hang in there - and tell your brother to bug off.

"Today I ..." discovered that LSCP had been patiently waiting for CH7 to provide the next season of Downton Abbey and thought it was going to commence tonight.

This afternoon she discovered she was mistaken and that CH72 were going to be showing three episodes of season 3 wot we already own, complete with the Downton Abbey T-towel that came with the seasons 1,2, and 3 box set wot we got from jb hifi for $29 just before Saturnalia.

Needless to say LSCP was Right P!ssed Off.

Needless to say I immediately did the Questionable Thing and obtained Season 4 By Other Means and LSCP is now happily being horrified by the Big Shock that episode 1 of season 4 delivers.

Deem "meh and F.U. string us along for months and don't deliver commercial TV" included.

Long live online access TV shows sites and sale price box sets from JB hifi.

Anyhoo, time for me to go do some fiddle practice in the next room ... I've got the opportunity to play my elecy fiddle at a gig next month and want to manage a passable addition to R.E.M.s "The One I Love",

Yeah, "meh" to bloody Downton Abbey, too. :)

Oh, re: cancer treatment. Meh to all the unnatural flesh destroying chemical/drug company enriching methods used.

Personally I reckon cancer naturally comes and goes in all stages of human life as part of naturally dealing with Other Stuff and mostly unnoticed at that ... and that the so called "cures" are far more damaging to the flesh we drive than the scary word thingo itself.

I'd advise one get oneself right with their Creator and Savior and spend far less time worrying about the "doomed to die anyway/one day" flesh it is driving.

Flesh is only for a life time (however long that might be) whereas that which drives it is basically until at least the end of creation / end of base program runtime.

(looks up, accidentally sees a bit of Downton Abbey) Damn, that highly annoying and maliciousness inclined Thomas is still with the show. sigh.

regarDS

Thanks ders :)

No worries alli, you're so polite. Should be more BBB members like you in that regard. ;)

"Manners maketh the man (or woman)" and all that ... :D

(no worries, [MENTION=10]Daltrim[/MENTION], I enjoyed it too so thought you would :))

(noice one [MENTION=764]SeanE[/MENTION] , kinda reminded me of the following what our somewhat random member [MENTION=29550]derkomai[/MENTION] posted the other month and that I did actually watch all the way through and found myself agreeing with much of despite it being an utter fabrication)

[youtubevid]8FIDeOOL52Q[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Last edited:
Needless to say I immediately did the Questionable Thing and obtained Season 4 By Other Means and LSCP is now happily being horrified by the Big Shock that episode 1 of season 4 delivers.

I just read the overview/synopsis for season 4 eppy 1 and can't find any 'big shock'... unless you mean the arrival of the electric beater (*gasp*...?) It all just seemed to be more of the same to me.

Back