Skip to main content

2014 Today I ......

Can we help to get him there?

You are a sweet geek:)

Link to the chart,
http://www.beatport.com/genre/minimal/14/top-100
And you can buy it there for $2.69; it is also on iTunes.

Link to his page on beatport - http://www.beatport.com/artist/nick-panlook/364701
a worldwide recording co he has 3 singles with, some he has on another label are on his cloud page

http://soundcloud.com/nick-panlook

Thanks for taking an interest - when he is headlining festivals I will be sure to send you access all areas tickets:):):)

You are a sweet geek:)

Link to the chart,
http://www.beatport.com/genre/minimal/14/top-100
And you can buy it there for $2.69; it is also on iTunes.

Link to his page on beatport - http://www.beatport.com/artist/nick-panlook/364701
a worldwide recording co he has 3 singles with, some he has on another label are on his cloud page

http://soundcloud.com/nick-panlook

Thanks for taking an interest - when he is headlining festivals I will be sure to send you access all areas tickets:):):)

Downloaded it from iTunes. He is now 45 in the charts :)

feruda.jpg

Pencils by Jay de Foy
Inks by James Goodwin

*Not* blue... Well, there's blue in it yes. But it's not overall blue, like 10 of my last 16 or so pictures have been.

Anyway, this is Feruda which is 'ilikecommas' (on deviantart) Original Character from the Pathfinder RPG game apparently. Apart from the white hair and the green jewel I largely made up the colour scheme because I couldn't find any real references for her. I added some magic starry stuff from her hand because she's meant to be a witch.

cheers
Sean

Today I... am back in my normal routine after three weeks of houseguests. Sorry I haven't been in here as much, I've been reading bits here and there when I could though. Billie, congratulations on your wedding, I meant to say that earlier, also congrats to Torifrog and Kxk. And EB, I hope your parents can get their housing situation sorted soon, that's the last thing they need right now.

"Today I ..." am happy to see this week's pencils & ink has been posted at last. :)

What the hey, might as well now make the following youtube public now.

[youtubevid]i1o2YxzFOTM[/youtubevid]

Yes, the non-animation dancer is lscp. One day I'll sneak online the entire film of the live performance (wot she managed to con me into being onstage for too) but in the meantime, I'll keep borrowing from it. :D

regarDS

Reactions: Tee
Today - I'm hot and bothered.

And wondering where a few old posters have gone?

Eliza, I hope your having fun in your new apartment - and hope you post again with some pics.

Mudcake - where are you and your fun random threads/questions of the day.

Jam - I saw you about somewhere.

Anyway, hope arseholes haven't chased away nice people, and quirky old posters.

Since I discovered tags, I see a whole nasty underbelly I never knew existed here.

It has been a bit quiet around here lately.

I think I saw him post on the Facebook page a while back that he couldn't get in, not sure if he got that sorted or not?

"Today I ..." continue to endure "the Tudors", helped along by the odd glass of ouzo while seeing what original songs/music I've not yet got around to storing on youtube.

Just finished another one so here tis ...

[youtubevid]dGcyYFp6kt4[/youtubevid]

regarDS

Just a lil fly by!!! Hello my old friends :)

Special hello to Eliza - I don't see her online much anymore :(

Hope you're all swell xo

Today - thank heavens for cool breezes, I go outside wearing very little every now and again just to feel very cold, it's such a novelty.

I feel like I have a hangover & could sleep for 24 hours, and food still makes me want to puke.

With Oz day fast approaching, "Today I ..." enjoyed reading page 18 and 19 of this link wot I found accidentally while googling a name from yesteryear.

The photo on page two reminded me that I'm long overdue in getting "Miss you" ala "Song for Frank" saved to youtube and that ex-wife (closest to the camera on the right and to Frank's left, neither wearing the 10th year anniversary LTUAE t-shirt) and a very young numba1son were also in attendance.

Wow, where did the last 16 years go !

So, what is everyone doing for Oz Day this year ?

Last year LSCP and I were in Cantberra and the fireworks got cancelled due to a freak storm meaning that, for all my Oz day visits to Cantberra (and there are many of them) I've never actually witnessed the fireworks there.

When in Pert, me and mine usually spend Oz day on the water as per following ...

[youtubevid]ZOtWt6UCC68[/youtubevid]

and

[youtubevid]krpT8pzNLUY[/youtubevid]

... but this year LSCP, numba1son and I are going to more or less keep our feet dry and instead be above both ground and water and look out towards the city from the balcony of the club where numba1son was my cheeky "bestman" for the wedding of LSCP and I.

Gotta use the membership while we still have it, after all. :)

regarDS

Seeing Australia Day falls on a Sunday this year, I am going to have an Australia Day Themed family worship service followed by a Sausage Sizzle and fun and games like "Chuck the Thong", Celebrity Heads, Cricket (but played with fly swats for bats and beach ball). Oh, and I've a Aussie branded frisbee to throw around as well.

If anyone wants to make suggestions of names for the Celebrity Heads - I'm open to suggestions.
And if you've got any great ideas for other games that would be easy to pull together in a few days, I would be happy to hear those too.

Today - I'm hot and bothered.

And wondering where a few old posters have gone?

Eliza, I hope your having fun in your new apartment - and hope you post again with some pics.

Jam - I saw you about somewhere.

Anyway, hope arseholes haven't chased away nice people, and quirky old posters.

Since I discovered tags, I see a whole nasty underbelly I never knew existed here.

Hello, my cyber-friend! Yes, I still post occasionally and I miss my old friends, too. I'm sure I'll be about more regularly soon. Life, busy, job, kids - all that. xxx

P.S. I'll post more boring youtube vids when I've had a few drinks. :)

"Today I ..." considered some of the ghosts of Oz days past and remembered some of those from the mid to late 1980s and early 90s (before the proliferation of the internut / www) who helped pioneer so much of that which is taken for granted these days.

You can consider them too (and prolly just not get it) by watching the following reflective indulgence made up of happy snaps of folk you mostly wouldn't recognise either the faces or names of ...

[youtubevid]2Y8KLw16WyM[/youtubevid]

Back in the days of the above, collections of letters like "WTF", "ROFL", "BTW", and "LOL" were new, novel ... and if not specifically created by the pictured, then certainly popularised by us and fellow users of FIDONET based BBSs and the pre(ish)-www usenet.

That you lot not only know what those letters mean but also use them is thanks enough ... especially if you are familiar with "FOAD". :D

If you ever encountered the not nearly as popular acronym of "FRZ" understand that it was specifically created/concocted to describe yours truly.

It stands for "Free Range Zucchini" ... or "Fanatical Religious Zealot" if you prefer. ;)

regarDS

"Today I ..." larfed @ Stuff @ at this blog: http://climatenuremberg.com/

especially lolled @ this one: http://climatenuremberg.com/2013/11/01/climate-thought-for-the-day/

Climate Thought for the Day
Posted by Brad Keyes on November 1, 2013

Climate change is real.

Now.

Climate change is happening.

Now.

It may even be happening near you. Someone you know may already have experienced it.

It could be anyone. A fellow faculty member. That loner who sits in the back row at your Greenpeace chapter meetings. A member of a completely different faculty.

Talk to them. More importantly: listen to them, and be a shoulder to cry on. They may seem irrational, or be in denial, or take their anger out on you. Don’t take it personally! These are just normal stages in the process of healing from climate trauma. Above all, resist the natural desire to suggest cheap, easy solutions—there are none, and it can be very offensive to propose them—and never, for god’s sake, tell the victim they should “try to adapt.”

Just be there. That’s what climate-change survivors need.

Deem "nice one, centurion", incuded.

regarDS

"Today I ..." considered some of the ghosts of Oz days past and remembered some of those from the mid to late 1980s and early 90s (before the proliferation of the internut / www) who helped pioneer so much of that which is taken for granted these days.....

regarDS

1970's .... :)

1aaarenieellis.JPG

"Time for a couple of beers love - how about you fill the car up
whilst I have a drink!" Ah... don't we just love our Aussie blokes!

Photo: Filling Up, W.A. c.1970 ©Rennie Ellis
Rennie Ellis Photographic Archive

So I bought some swim trunks from Ebay. Aware that lots of them are poorly designed with no room up front I bought these ones:

wjy-35.jpg

Having received them, I have to say they are the male equivalent of a push-up bra. There is no way in hell I could wear these in public. Unless I was at an all-gay resort. But in that case I probably wouldn't need them.

Back