Skip to main content

Episode Day 95 (31/10/13): 'Trick or Treat' special (90 m)

Well this is bizarre! Since when did people start taking [MENTION=33606]silkworm[/MENTION] seriously? I thought everyone had her/him on ignore like I do. I was sucked in at the beginning but now I just live in blissful ignorance of his/her comments ..... Although in fairness on occasion I thought his/her creativity at comments to get a rise out of posters has deserved a medal on occasion

What about the Jadaconda bit!? She definitely had more than a few shocks in her package.. Much to my delight..

Well this is bizarre! Since when did people start taking [MENTION=33606]silkworm[/MENTION] seriously? I thought everyone had her/him on ignore like I do. I was sucked in at the beginning but now I just live in blissful ignorance of his/her comments ..... Although in fairness on occasion I thought his/her creativity at comments to get a rise out of posters has deserved a medal on occasion
I do have him on ignore. But some people insist on quoting him! Hahahaha!!! Yeah. I bit. ;)

The Ed votes certainly weren't gratifying without Ed in there. It just sent Jade through a loop as she tried to process what happened while Tim and Drew shouted about their victory. Without Ed in there, it kind of felt a bit empty exposing him. Hopefully it just strengthens Jade once she's able to think over what happened, and helps her realise Ed isn't a God though.

I'm looking forward to watching this episode again.

I hope that Jade gets the time and space to process the footage she saw, because unfortunately I think she'll be evicted on Monday then she won't get two minutes to herself. The footage was well chosen by BB I thought, and he did well to remind them of the value of their relationships at the end.

I spent a lot of the show feeling bad for Jade. There was a lot of distance between her and the other housemates throughout the show. The other four all looked at each other constantly, while Jade felt like an outsider. I understand that's come through who she was friends with and how dead boring they were, but she still looks to be struggling in there. It was nice that Boog was making the effort to reassure her constantly though.

The Ed votes certainly weren't gratifying without Ed in there. It just sent Jade through a loop as she tried to process what happened while Tim and Drew shouted about their victory. Without Ed in there, it kind of felt a bit empty exposing him. Hopefully it just strengthens Jade once she's able to think over what happened, and helps her realise Ed isn't a God though.

This was one of my favourite episodes last series, and I enjoyed it immensely again. I thought they could have dug up more dirt, but it's a happy episode in the end. Drew's sister, Tim's sister and niece, Jade's father and stepmother, and Tahan's mother all made for very emotional viewing. It was great to see that human side of Tim especially, considering he spends a lot of his time being entertaining but definitely not someone you'd want to personally live with.

It's a good reminder that the people in the house are ultimately people with lives outside of the house, and aren't just there for our entertainment. The emotion we saw from Jade in this ep, as well as how emotional Jade and Tahan looked at being able to help give the sick kids Christmas presents the day before makes me feel a lot better about the show. It's just nice to see the housemates celebrated at the end, so I'm very happy that's the type of show we got.

Great post. Nice to see someone else commenting about Boogs being comforting to Jade. She was showing concern to Jade when Jade was obviously very nervous. She asked Jade at one point if she wanted to eat and I thought that Jade indicated that she couldn't eat because she was so nervous.

Being in Perth I just read along with the posters on this forum as the show is airing in the east. I got the impression from the posters that Jade was almost in a catatonic state. When I finally got to watch I thought it was more like watching a nervous girl who was ill at ease. As soon as her trick and treat segment was done she relaxed quite a bit.

I just finished watching it here in the US and have not read all the comments. I thought BB was extremely nice to all on the "tricks" as it could have been far worse, actually for all of them.

I hate to admit this, but, (don't you love that word) as I sit here tonight with 2 cats watching me, waiting for their nightly tuna, I found myself with a few tears as I reminisced through each HM's journey. I am a rather ice blooded lass, but I have invested my time just like the rest of you here and my main sense of sadness plus a bit of happiness while watching is knowing that it is very quickly over with in a few short days. Oh what to do with my evenings.

Australia, I have to give you props (that means here in the US "well done"). You have provided the best BB of 2013 that I have watched and I have watched 5 different countries this year. The HM's we're engaging and delightful and the format compared to others this year the best.

I just want to thank all the posters here as you are committed and keep this site so entertaining!

My partner in crime here has the Calender circled in a RED for the finale and I unfortunately have to cook dinner the night following. My months of BB come to an end until after the New Year begins!!!

I just finished watching it here in the US and have not read all the comments. I thought BB was extremely nice to all on the "tricks" as it could have been far worse, actually for all of them.

I hate to admit this, but, (don't you love that word) as I sit here tonight with 2 cats watching me, waiting for their nightly tuna, I found myself with a few tears as I reminisced through each HM's journey. I am a rather ice blooded lass, but I have invested my time just like the rest of you here and my main sense of sadness plus a bit of happiness while watching is knowing that it is very quickly over with in a few short days. Oh what to do with my evenings.

Australia, I have to give you props (that means here in the US "well done"). You have provided the best BB of 2013 that I have watched and I have watched 5 different countries this year. The HM's we're engaging and delightful and the format compared to others this year the best.

I just want to thank all the posters here as you are committed and keep this site so entertaining!

My partner in crime here has the Calender circled in a RED for the finale and I unfortunately have to cook dinner the night following. My months of BB come to an end until after the New Year begins!!!

Agreed to all that.

But, dude! Start a personal big brother challenge! Mine is starting tomorrow and I have to Feb 10 for 101 days! I was going to wait until the finale but I think it is just going to have to evolve as I do it.
My plan is basically- work out every day( even if I do a hike one day a week), watch only 1 hour of tv or Internet, talk to new and different people every single day - even if just for a few minutes; and try something new and out of my comfort zone every day.

I might blog about it. Or just have a record somewhere. I started a blog and then I realized it would eat into my Internet time to keep it up.

One more thing- be more open and vulnerable with people. Which I'm starting by posting my idea, which I'm a little embarrassed by, on this forum a few different times.

So, I think you can make the time pass by creating your own personal big brother challenge that you have to do every day for a certain number of days. It could be anything! My view is that big brother is about learning about yourself, trying new things ( no matter how small) and being open to people you might not otherwise engage.

Lol. If big brother Australia comes back next season they should take my idea and get the country making their own personal big brother challenges in the month leading up to the show. ( or maybe not!)

this will be fun for me to try and will shake up my rather routine life! You should try it too!!

Last edited:

...lol!... normally I don't Chump but being called a 'deluded dickhead' is a bit too much... when it comes to Tim haters I normally take it in my stride... you know... 'haters-gonna-hate' and such stuff... but throwing insults out like that is just too childish for my liking... calling housemates names (that I've been quite guilty of in the 'Photoshop Thread' and here but it is considred to be just par for the course)... that's expected but I just don't like being called something such as a 'deluded dickhead'...

... I don't dislike silkworm at all but I had my say and I'm over it... lol!... (by the way... go Tim to win!)...

I do have him on ignore. But some people insist on quoting him! Hahahaha!!! Yeah. I bit. ;)

...yeah well... I don't have him on ignore... he's entitled to his opinion as anyone within these forums is but it wears a bit thin at times that's all... (I was so determined to not get involved in an angry response this year too!... lol!... I only had a few days to go and cracked it!... as Maxwell Smart would say... 'missed it by that much!')... maybe I'm a tad bit Big Brothered and Photoshopped out and I'm a bit short-fused at the moment or something lol!... anyhow... moving on... cheers.

...hey Kandy... well first of all... welcome to the insanity of this website... as you can see we do have mostly fun on here and all have a good whinge and whine aswell... but hey!... it's all still pure fun regardless.. I'm glad that you think our version is the best even though we all think at times that we're getting the bum end of the deal from our Big Brother in Australia... perhaps you've given us all a bit of time to reflect just on how good we've had it inspite of our whinging and whining lol!... go Australian Big Brother!... again... welcome Kandy... cheers.

Just saw these 2 comments on the OS FB page. I know Drew had a few frustrated vents to other HMs about Tully but don't recall him wanting to get rid of her? He also did not nominate her so WTF are these posters on about?

WHY did BB not show anything bad Drew said about Tully like wanting to get her out of the house and voting her and what he said about her. Talk about BB having favourites

I also wonder why BB didn't air Drew trying to get rid of Tully ....

Agreed to all that.

But, dude! Start a personal big brother challenge! Mine is starting tomorrow and I have to Feb 10 for 101 days! I was going to wait until the finale but I think it is just going to have to evolve as I do it.
My plan is basically- work out every day( even if I do a hike one day a week), watch only 1 hour of tv or Internet, talk to new and different people every single day - even if just for a few minutes; and try something new and out of my comfort zone every day.

One more thing- be more open and vulnerable with people. Which I'm starting by posting my idea, which I'm a little embarrassed by, on this forum a few different times.

So, I think you can make the time pass by creating your own personal big brother challenge that you have to do every day for a certain number of days. It could be anything!

Ah Rose, through all of this evening watching of BB I have had to work out for the Wellness Insurance program at work to receive the reduced medical benefit pay as many employers have done this year here in the US with a $ incentive on top. I get up at 5:00am every morning and started walking, now running 5 miles since July. Got free Weight Watchers at work and reached goal and am now under, but eat good. Last Sunday I did my first Marathon! Aggressive, yes, but I finished and not last which was a confidence booster either way. Program ended today on the 31st and I am still going to get up tomorrow as I love the feeling I have the rest of the day.

Once you start and have a goal it just becomes a norm. Early morning with thoughts is the best therapy. I wish you well!!!. I enjoy my evening downtime, but alas I know need to focus on my partner who gets up and runs with me in the morning, but he just needs more sleep then I do and misses my cooking.

No they are not, and it goes to the nature of lying. There are white lies and there are black lies. Ed told a white lie, to save Jade's feelings. Tim, on the other hand, tells black lies, told for the purpose of Tim's own gain.

There is a great moral distance between Tim and Ed. Ed is morally superior, as he always considers the feelings of others, while Tim is morally inferior, as he only considers his own feelings and never those of others.

Are you Ed? :O

Can you imagine how different all this would have gone down if SpEd had still been in the house? He wouldn't let anything slide and would have paranoidEd himself into a total frenzy!

Quote of the night from Drew about Ed and his lie 'that's the thread that unravels the whole sweater' ha ha, man those two were funny when they heard Ed nom Jade.

Did anyone else get the impression Tim had no idea his sister was even pregnant? The Mr and I were thinking about it and if she was only first trimester when he went in and had not told anyone and then had the bubs flipping 2.5 months early it all works out to a surprise baby! How freaking randomly weird would that be!?

Bindi is turning into a gorgeous young lady :)

Bindi's praise of Tim has put him on the spot. He must now turn into an eco-warrior, or stand condemned as a hypocrite, a liar and a coward in front of her and the rest of Australia.

Back