Skip to main content

Episode Day 65 (Tue 01/10/13): Daily Show (60 min)

I feel mentally and emotionally bullied by Tims behaviour. Am i the only one who thinks this. Tonight has proven how much this years housemates are gameplaying and strategising. At least last year the bitchiness was a result of the housemates genuine dislike for one another eg. The ben and layla affair. This year its all about 'who can i push out of the game to make me win'. Im sick of it!

That's what I'm enjoying about this season! Honestly they were all doing that last year anyway, they're just being more obvious about it this year. I was sick of housemates going in and pretending it's not about the money, then trash-talking other HMs for playing the game. I'm glad that attitude is slowly shifting, I want the one who wins this year to deserve it by playing the game and doing it well.

Wow. I'm so confused. I've done a complete 180 tonight. Some thoughts:

Sugar Sisters - Just. Get. Out. They bring nothing but howls from my dogs every time they speak. Glad they got no air time tonight, hopefully that means they are gone tomorrow.

Jade - You can GTFO too. You're a grown ass woman. Start acting like it.

Mikkayla - I think I'm finally done with this one. The bitchiness and the self deserving attitude are wearing very thin now.

Tahan - Is probably close to my favourite after tonight (one of my 180's) I know she plays hard, and I know she can be a bitch, but she sure is entertaining me.

Maddy - Really wishing I had waited to vote on jumpin. Just that small spark I saw from her in the Garden of Eden was enough to pique my interest.

Bong/boog - Nice girl, a voice like nails on a blackboard, but I think if she stays she will just fade into the background.

Ok here's where it gets weird....

Tim - Seems like the cracks really are starting to appear. He did not handle his 'conversation with Ed well at all'. He had a golden opportunity to understand where Ed's thinking was, and he blew it by trying to interject. If he really wanted to be the puppet master, he should have let Ed talk as much as he wanted. His demented game show host voice in the diary room makes me want to perforate my own eardrums. I'm fast getting over him.

Drew - Liking the side of him I saw tonight. It's first spark of real game play he's shown. I agree with the poster who commented that he needs to go to the diary room and make it clear he's playing the game versus being a backstabber.Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up playing both Ed AND Tim at there own games.

Ben - Loved the invisible edit.

Nathan - Who dat?

Please do not throw e fruit at me but ...

Ed - Finally saw a spark from him too, tonight and I liked it. He seemed to be right onto Tims plan of 'self destruct via an intruder' even before Drew brought it up with him. He impressed me tonight, and left me wondering how much of Ed gets left on the cutting room floor?

Tonight reminded me of the closing stages in a marathon. Of course we are going to start seeing different sides of them now....all the major players jostling for a position on the fence in preparation for the sprint home.

Completely agree with you! The mentality of the Jade fans is apalling. Complaining that Ed is boring when i have not seen Jade do anything half as interesting as any of the housemates. If only Australia had the same mentality as u my friend. Hhahhahaahaha

Thank god other people see it. I don't know why she is so popular. She is the most boring, depressing person, who's only goal in life is to get a man.

What! Tim has loved Drew's scoundrel persona and plotted behind his back and they are friends. Tim is friendly to Ben one moment then scheming the next to beat him. He wanted Lucy, got her then nominated her and bitched about wanting her out, he wanted Jade then trashed her. I enjoy Tim's antics but he even backstabbed Tahan tonight. I don't know what show you are watching I think even Tim would admit he has betrayed his 'friends'.
yeah Tim and Drew know where each other stands..they both know they are playing a game. Drew said yesterday he would be devastated if Tim was evicted...they both want Ed and the sugar sisters out atm. all the guys have a rivalry against each other, even if they can be friends as well. They have to give a little info/feedback to others, so that they can get enough back to play with. Tim and Ed didn't even seem mad, especially not directed at Drew, because they know what's going on between them. Tim has gossiped about Drew as well and vice versa but it's nothing they can't handle. I think the guys kind of respect each others gameplay where the girls are often holding grudges more. Drew and Ed both have nominate each other at times. Drew told Ben that Ed mainly just wants to talk to him about Tim and playing the game, so he doesn't really get to know him. We know that Tim is also out to get Ed.
Drew actually told Tim weeks ago that he is a bigger bitch then him, when the HM's were upset with Tim. They both love to plant seeds, stir the pot and watch the drama's happen. Drew is more subtle about it most of the time, where Tim wants to let BB and the viewers in on what he's thinking. Ben talks to his photos to let the viewers know what he's thinking.
I think most viewers like something to gossip about as well, than watching the sisters getting chocolate milk from buttercup, bake cupcakes or putting in their hair extensions. actually did we actually see any footage of the sisters tonight apart from group settings?

I think its been an exciting week in the house since the intruders arrived, and the HM's are really starting to think about who they want to nominate, or have with them at the end for whatever reason.

Tim - Seems like the cracks really are starting to appear. He did not handle his 'conversation with Ed well at all'. He had a golden opportunity to understand where Ed's thinking was, and he blew it by trying to interject. If he really wanted to be the puppet master, he should have let Ed talk as much as he wanted.

Tim was the one that asked to have a chat & it was Ed that was interjecting.

Drew has always been two-faced. It was just less obvious when the show revolved around him and Tully being together 24/7. Nothing new about Drew's behaviour.

random thoughts

- both boog and maddy seem nice. there wasn't really much about them as people - i don't feel like i know either any better. how about instead of getting HM's diary expositions about the intruders we... oh... i don't know... actually get to see the intruders?

- oh the irony of maddy taking tahan into the garden of eden and seeing her doing exactly the same thing mikkayla did with nathan - except for the difference that tahan thinks she's totally not like that.

- one thing that became abundantly clear in this episode is that every time we hear housemates talk to each other about another housemate, we shouldn't EVER believe their version of events. either they're one-sided (like we've seen from mikkayla and tahan), or they are outright lying to play each other (like we saw from tim, tahan, and drew in this episode).

- the other thing that became abundantly clear is that the edit controls everything. today we find out ed actually is a pretty grounded guy and pretty switched on, but i feel like in the last week we've seen that mikkayla used to be nice and is now a bitchface, drew used to be playful but now is a two-faced dork, tim used to be subtle and good-natured but is now nasty and obvious, tahan was a bitch and is now sympathetic and the sisters (who are a nurse and a teacher, duh) have brains.

- THE ONLY HOUSEMATE THEY HAVEN'T UNDERMINED IS BEN. annoint the winner now.

meh, don't really want it back next season if this is how they're going to produce it.

Tim was the one that asked to have a chat & it was Ed that was interjecting.

Yep, understand that Tim was the one who initiated the chat. My point was that Ed shouldn't have had to interject... Tim should have just let him talk and talk to get a glimpse into how his mind is working.

Either way, I respect your view, but this is mine. :)

Wow. I'm so confused. I've done a complete 180 tonight. Some thoughts:

Sugar Sisters - Just. Get. Out. They bring nothing but howls from my dogs every time they speak. Glad they got no air time tonight, hopefully that means they are gone tomorrow.

Jade - You can GTFO too. You're a grown ass woman. Start acting like it.

Mikkayla - I think I'm finally done with this one. The bitchiness and the self deserving attitude are wearing very thin now.

Tahan - Is probably close to my favourite after tonight (one of my 180's) I know she plays hard, and I know she can be a bitch, but she sure is entertaining me.

Maddy - Really wishing I had waited to vote on jumpin. Just that small spark I saw from her in the Garden of Eden was enough to pique my interest.

Bong/boog - Nice girl, a voice like nails on a blackboard, but I think if she stays she will just fade into the background.

Ok here's where it gets weird....

Tim - Seems like the cracks really are starting to appear. He did not handle his 'conversation with Ed well at all'. He had a golden opportunity to understand where Ed's thinking was, and he blew it by trying to interject. If he really wanted to be the puppet master, he should have let Ed talk as much as he wanted. His demented game show host voice in the diary room makes me want to perforate my own eardrums. I'm fast getting over him.

Drew - Liking the side of him I saw tonight. It's first spark of real game play he's shown. I agree with the poster who commented that he needs to go to the diary room and make it clear he's playing the game versus being a backstabber.Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up playing both Ed AND Tim at there own games.

Ben - Loved the invisible edit.

Nathan - Who dat?

Please do not throw e fruit at me but ...

Ed - Finally saw a spark from him too, tonight and I liked it. He seemed to be right onto Tims plan of 'self destruct via an intruder' even before Drew brought it up with him. He impressed me tonight, and left me wondering how much of Ed gets left on the cutting room floor?

Tonight reminded me of the closing stages in a marathon. Of course we are going to start seeing different sides of them now....all the major players jostling for a position on the fence in preparation for the sprint home.

Can i just say how ur opinions of tje housemates could not be more similiar to mine. Thankyou finally for writing some sense on this forum! I love You! Hahahaahah

Boog's voice would grate on you if it was loud and constant ... but theyve put up with Mikkayla's laugh and the Sister's screeching at supersonic levels ... so it shouldn't be too bad ...

Sometimes just the pitch of the voice annoys some people more so than others ...

Laughed when Tim tried to tell Drew to back off the girls / get in line ... reminding him that Tully's bed isn't even cold yet ...

but don't think either girl would be Drew's type anyway

yeah Tahan and Tully were bitching recently about Mikkayla's voice but Drew said he hadn't really noticed but he told Tahan that he found Lucy's voice annoying, and of course that pleased Tahan LOL

i think BB actually called Drew into the DR to ask what he thought about the intruders, so BB could of been asking for positive and negative feedback

I have to disagree. He plays mikkayla and Tahan off each other pretending to be their friends and then going off and bitching to the other one.

And Jade is slowly waking up to the fact that different stories are coming from Tahan and Tim about her and Ed - except that Jade does not trust Tahan but she trusts Tim. I wish that Ed would put Jade straight about Tim - that toxic Tim is the most dishonest person in the house.

Last edited:
I must be getting tired or something because I really didn't have an issue or cringe with any of the Jade stuff tonight and usually I do when it pertains to Ed. I expected it to be bad, really bad, but I didn't really have an issue. Her talk with BB in the diary room seemed very tongue in cheek. And I expected her to not leave Ed's side but she seemed to be with Tim for a lot of the night. I must have missed stuff though given the reaction here.

Drew was who shocked me though. I mean I know he can be a bitch but I didn't expect that. I was actually feeling sorry for Ed. Special Ed FFS!

The show is so fatigued right now. Madaline, Boog and Nathan are all so boring! What has Nathan done in a week?!

I do hope BB does a 'Big Secrets' episode like last year at the beginning of the finals week, where housemates find out what else has been said about them... Now that's something that could change the mood in the house. Intruders? Pfft.

Back