Skip to main content

Episode Day 60 (Thurs 26 Sep 2013) Daily Show & Showdown

So you would rate a teaching degree the same as a law degree?
They are both very different degrees. You rate law degrees, that's fine. But a teaching degree is just as rated in my opinion. It takes understanding and patience to teach students. The mindset is so different to being a lawyer. For teachers it means being able to look at students development stages and also assess each students cognitive skills to able to communicate new information. It's not as simple as you may think. I accept that you have such a low view of teachers, but I don't respect it. I think it's incredibly ignorant.

It takes a lot of hard work to finish a degree regardless of what it is.

In fact I think degrees like teaching actually require more work than degrees like law because they require you to do a lot of intense practical work where law is more theory based.

Oh Ed, darling, go back to your colouring books instead if trying to play with the big boys.

...hahahahaha!... I so have to agree with you on that Queen Alla... Ed is sooooo out of his playing zone trying to play with the big boys... totally clueless...

Jade's had balls thrown at her face before.

...definitely the quote of the day in my books lol!...

Jade, just imagine it's an unwilling Ed.

...hahahaha!... perfectly said for when she was on that surfboard... so funny!...

Thank GOD she didn't save Ed! :D

...no matter what Tahan does from here onwards I will always love her for not saving dick-Ed... loving this woman more each day...

Good girl Tahan, smartest chick in the house.

Save Ben he was not going anyway.

...she pretended to be torn about who to take in with her but she knew who she would pick as soon as she won the games imho...

Tahan don't give a fuck about anyone on that bench so she wasted her power as a 'fuck you' to the rest of the house. Fend for yourselves bitches.

...hahaha... so true... hence picking Ben... she probably realises that Ben is destined to win this year because of Big Brothers pandering of him all the time so decided to get on Ben's good side for later on down the track methinks...

Mikkayla: Justin's behaviour was disgusting.

While she showed us her crack!

...lol!... were those lips complaining about something too?... (sorry... couldn't help myself... I'll give myself an uppercut for that one lol!)...

Can I ask everyone to please save the Sugar Sisters so that Shit-Ed gets booted? :D

...Shit-Ed?... lolol!... I soooooo hope that he goes next week... I really do...

It's a bit sad when Ben is a more convincing actor than an actual actor. Disappointing, Justtyynnne, disappointing.

...this is so true!... I've been saying all along about Ben acting out a part along with other posters... that whole talking to mum and nanna shit gives him away for that...the first 10 seconds of Justynn being in the house he forgot his own name because he went into his play-role acting mode and was thinking of what he was needing to say to build up his persona of the 'bad-boy lumberjack'... to me that showed me that he was now in 'acting mode'... (just my opinion of course)... you hit the nail right on the head Jarrah...

Tahan hit the jackpot this week - Showdown, Presidential Suite, safe from noms and finally got her hairdryer back. I'm surprised she didn't say "shut the front door!"

...I'm glad that she didn't say it Tizzie lol!... that phrase is doing my head in more than when Sonia was saying 'give it up for so and so' every 10 seconds when introducing anyone on the show... but good on Tahan for winning and reaping all rewards!... cheers.

I believe a A Freudian slip, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish.

I read this as bang instead of hang

Is that also a Freudian slip?

Are you blaming Freud for your 1 track mind :p

Finished here. I'm thinking the casting crew might have stuffed up with Justynn, I'm not really sure he's fit to be in the house. Hopefully he and his anger issues are evicted next week in favour of Nathan staying.

On the rest of tonight's show, Tahan had a really good edit, Tim not so much, but he'll recover, and a good night for Ben too.

Last edited:
Okay, just finished watching. some comments on here had me laughing ridiculously. There should be a quote thread for some of you forum users. Anyways... Tahan was saved!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! Finally girl gets a break, and she didn't save ed! She is staying in my top 3! Nothing she can do will remove her. She stays put!

Okay, just finished watching. some comments on here had me laughing ridiculously. There should be a quote thread for some of you forum users. Anyways... Tahan was saved!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! Finally girl gets a break, and she didn't save ed! She is staying in my top 3! Nothing she can do will remove her. She stays put!

That was the best part of tonight's show. I am so happy that she can at last relax

They are both very different degrees. You rate law degrees, that's fine. But a teaching degree is just as rated in my opinion. It takes understanding and patience to teach students. The mindset is so different to being a lawyer. For teachers it means being able to look at students development stages and also assess each students cognitive skills to able to communicate new information. It's not as simple as you may think. I accept that you have such a low view of teachers, but I don't respect it. I think it's incredibly ignorant.
[MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION]... This joker clearly has no understanding of the profession; let him remain ignorant to the demands of the most difficult job on the planet.

Last edited:
That was the best part of tonight's show. I am so happy that she can at last relax

She needs it and so do her fans. And she got her hair dryer back. I was so happy for her. No one should come between a girl and her hair dryer. Ever.

[MENTION=35834]Sweet_Geek[/MENTION]... This joker clearly has no understanding of the profession; let him remain ignorant to the demands of the most demanding job on the planet.

You are right. Although it isn't hard to try and be more understanding if people open up their mind, but that's a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes a lot of hard work to finish a degree regardless of what it is.

In fact I think degrees like teaching actually require more work than degrees like law because they require you to do a lot of intense practical work where law is more theory based.

Absolutely, in addition to the fact that no lawyer I've ever met could handle 30 clients all at once, let alone in one day. Teaching is a noble profession and these days, it takes real guts. I can see Lucy in an EC classroom... She'll be great!

Last edited:
She needs it and so do her fans. And she got her hair dryer back. I was so happy for her. No one should come between a girl and her hair dryer. Ever.

lol, yes. 2 months without it, IMO it was long over due.

I was happy for her fans too. She is my favorite now that Tully is gone, but I don't vote. I am happy she saved Ben, so his family can also relax.

Finished here. I'm thinking the casting crew might have stuffed up with Justynn, I'm not really sure he's fit to be in the house. Hopefully he and his anger issues are evicted next week in favour of Nathan staying.

On the rest of tonight's show, Tahan had a really good edit, Tim not so much, but he'll recover, and a good night for Ben too.

I thought the same RE Just-In... Geez, they only just got rid of one headache, now they've got this bloke throwing stuff willy-nilly across the room, scaring all the ladies, getting Tim all nervous. They sure do know how to pick the unstable ones.

lol, yes. 2 months without it, IMO it was long over due.

I was happy for her fans too. She is my favorite now that Tully is gone, but I don't vote. I am happy she saved Ben, so his family can also relax.

I know, two months! I think bb was a little slack. I vote, but I'm not one of those people that vote so much I leave myself struggling. I promised myself no more than 10 votes a week.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but when does showdown actually happen?

On a wednesday or thursday? I remember seeing someone say thursday during the day, but couldn't be, as when Tahan was choosing who to take, the time was 9:46pm or something close to that.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before in this thread, but when does showdown actually happen?

On a wednesday or thursday? I remember seeing someone say thursday during the day, but couldn't be, as when Tahan was choosing who to take, the time was 9:46pm or something close to that.

Showdown happens on a Wed, daytime. We see it on Thursday night.

It's pretty funny how everyone thinks they're controlling the game (and those who don't, think they can see everyone else covertly controlling it).

At the end of this episode both Tim and Justin (I refuse to spell it Jhus-tynne or whatever the hell it is) seemed to think they played the other perfectly and that the nights dinner was a great strategic success.

The whole thing just looked embarrassing and it made them both look worse for wear. I'm sure Justin in particular doesn't care that the other HMs don't like him, but it didn't make him look like this master manipulator or whatever he's going for, it made him look like an aggressive loser with no social skills.

Tim just looked super in over his head and was dragged into something only to retroactively turn around and say "ha ha, t'was all a part of the plan!"

I swear, I like Tim, but every time he sees someone walk in a straight line he's off to the diary room laughing about how he knew so and so was going to walk that way because he orchestrated some elaborate plot to control their actions. Even when it has little to do with him...

Yeah, i felt a bit scared and uncomfortable watching that. Can only imagine what more was said and done there that didn't make it to TV. Hopefully he is the one that goes even though I foolishly voted for him on jump in app.

is anyone else finding it clear that Tim is desperate to take down Ed?

What annoys me about Tim, is that he blatantly claims to other housemates his tactic is chaos. This couldn't be further from the truth. He targets housemates one by one by manipulating other housemates to turn on them. That was the whole purpose of his attempt to get with jade, so he could control her against ed.

But its the fact he calls Ed gutless on a consistent basis, when in fact Tim is the one who is truly Gutless because he manipulates people, pretends he is a badass in doing so, yet whenever he is confronted he denies it to other housemates. That is being gutless Tim.

On tonights show it was pathetic the way he was walking around trying to tell Justynn how to annoy Ed. Do it yourself you weak p*ick Tim. And the way he was trying to spin it that he had nothing to do with the dinner... ffs. I'm glad a few HM's picked up on that.

I have really gone off him in the past few weeks. This is why i hope Justynn is able to carry out his plan, just so i can see how this snake reacts when he gets played.

Back