Skip to main content

Episode DAY 15: EVICTION #1 (90m)

Always look forward to your random thoughts. I think the issue with Drade is that I am not so sure that Drew would be willing to do as you have suggested.

thanks, mate. i agree - i think drew wouldn't want to ruin his chances - not that he's keen, but he wouldn't mind snoggin her ;)

I know this is a community, but how hard is it to follow some basic rules.

not hard at all - so why are you suddenly changing what is considered outside the rules? one of the best things about lurking at this place for years, and eventually posting, is the banter and antics - which had been acceptable as long as I've come around. it's part of what makes this community unique and enjoyable and keeps me (for one) returning again and again.

I have administered and moderated some fairly high profile online communities in my day.
A good mod enforces the rules that keep the 'spirit' of the forum going. However main priority is to protect loyal members by deleting trolls and spam etc. some pre show chatter in a show thread hardly constitutes the level of moderating and belittling of loyal forum members as I have witnessed tonight.

Very disappointing.

Agree, but.......

Goon must be under a LOT of pressure .... with the other mods all away :(

Haha that live interview with Sharon on the Jump in app went for a total of 3 minutes!

Yeah, I went to it at like 10.37 thought it would be still going but it said it was over with! I hope they put a video interview up on the website like they did last year with the interviews they did.

Pre show antics are getting crazy, tonight there were 6 pages that had nothing to do with the Eviction show.

This is becoming more and more pages before anyone talks about the actual Thread.

That's my girl! ;)

Hey mikidiki, I had visitors and I had to wait for them to leave because if I had've said "If you'll excuse me, I have to ring to Save Drew on Big Brother" well they would've looked at me as if I had 2 heads ha ha ha.

Hmm now I'm getting flashbacks maybe - in the past, was the show thread locked until it the show started? I have this vague (false?) memory of that happening???

I tried to delete this Post completely but it wouldn't allow me to. Somehow I managed to duplicate the Post above. I'm still on my L Plates. (Sigh)

Jasmin could be next, but really it depends who is up. Will she escape the 6?

I don't think Jade wil go for quite a while. I see her appealing to many. She's probably the girl in there that is most popular to young girls especially.

I disagree - I think Jade will go sooner than you think. She's digging her own grave jumping from man to man. She will probably last max half way through the season.

random thoughts

- sonia is awful. just get rid of her. ugh

- take out sonia, ads (including vote begging) and the recaps of everything we've seen previously, and the pre-eviction portion of the show was about 30 minutes

- those 30 minutes were great to see - reminder alex: you're selling AN AUDIENCE to advertisers; make your viewers happy.

- i wish drew and jade would just stand up at a group dinner and say "look, guys, our fake marriage was a fake. we became good friends because of it, but neither of us is interested in anything more, and don't begrudge the other if something happens with anyone else in here. so let it go"... but of course they won't.

- happy to see sharon gone, even if it was predictable.

- the vote tally was slightly surprising, but only in as much as drew had more votes than tim and jade had more than heidi. never discount the "event" boost HMs get from assignments.

- can't believe the nightly thread is being edited and censored. relax, mods, we're a community here and having fun. I enjoy the banter and would rather not see it curtailed.

The reason I love your post is because it basically highlights what everyone has said in one neat package - makes for a good read for people who have not sat through the pages and pages of the threads each night. Sums it up perfectly!

Yeah, I went to it at like 10.37 thought it would be still going but it said it was over with! I hope they put a video interview up on the website like they did last year with the interviews they did.

Yeah it was meant to go for half an hour and it was only really maybe 5 viewer questions that got asked. Pretty weird! Could have been because she had a couple of her kids jumping all over her too

Pre show antics are getting crazy, tonight there were 6 pages that had nothing to do with the Eviction show.

This is becoming more and more pages before anyone talks about the actual Thread.
[MENTION=99]Goon[/MENTION], I am hearing what you are saying. I really am. I am also sorry if you are under a lot of pressure at the moment and if it is true that you are basically the only mod around atm then I really do feel your pain. I was a moderator of the original X Factor forums, a moderator for one year and then head administrator of the official Australian idol forums for 3 years and it almost drove me bonkers.

So my sincere question, did anyone complain to you? I have been a member of these forums since April 2005 and the comeradery, banter and chatter is a hallmark of the warmth and endearing nature of this community.
You keep saying that "people" don't want to be reading that. I wonder who are these "people" are???

I know you ae trying to follow the rules, but is 6 pages of pre show buzz really that detrimental to the state of the forum? See the amount of people who are disappointed in your ruling tonight? As a moderator, there is a fine line between upholding the rules and building a thriving online community.

I just wanted to say that I agree. I came to read about the show. The other thread you tried and closed, I wanted to reply that it was a good idea to have two threads. In every forum I have been you have to stay On Topic :)

Back