Skip to main content

Episode Day 12 Friday Daily Show (30 mins)

First ad break here. Re Drew complaining about Jade emphasising that they're only friends - could you imagine the criticism she would get for leading him on if she didn't?

Good to see a more highlights-oriented show tonight though.

Finished. It's weird now only having a half-hour show. Good to see less gimmicks and less Ben in tonight's show.

I didn't -trying to push the Ed/Jade angle with the others in the kitchen and also the crowd on the deck, pushing Jade toward Ed in the parlour and pointing out that she might go on Sunday so should make a move now when Jade said it was too soon and that they needed to let the 'marriage' die, then twisting the knife with Drew under the guise of 'Im the only one that cares about you'.

Can't work out if she is jealous or just bored

hmmm when you put it together like that I see what you mean. I think Tully likes Jade more than Drew. So perhaps she's manipulating Drew to impress Jade.

Glad it was only 1/2 hour! Made the show run quicker and they showed us the most important stuff even though all this episode cemented to me was that Jade is even more of a player and Tully loves to interfere in everyone else's business (which I already knew because I was up to date with the live online feeds) ;)

Tully is the house gossip.

She has to know everything that is happening in the house.

hmmm when you put it together like that I see what you mean. I think Tully likes Jade more than Drew. So perhaps she's manipulating Drew to impress Jade.

Perhaps so.

Or maybe she just has her eye on the prize.

As an avid BB fan, and social media person, she would be aware that teenage girls adore love, and they love the BB relationships, but also love the poor, gorgeous, sensitive male . By pushing the line that Jade has callously broken Drew's heart without a second thought and is flitting happily from one male to another, she would be feeding an anti-Jade movement among the important tweenie voter demographic.

It was an interesting view of her on tonight's show...

Perhaps so.

Or maybe she just has her eye on the prize.

As an avid BB fan, and social media person, she would be aware that teenage girls adore love, and they love the BB relationships, but also love the poor, gorgeous, sensitive male . By pushing the line that Jade has callously broken Drew's heart without a second thought and is flitting happily from one male to another, she would be feeding an anti-Jade movement among the important tweenie voter demographic.

It was an interesting view of her on tonight's show...

possibly but you're giving her way too much credit. as a student of the show she should know how annoying her sooky ways would be perceived but then again she may mistakenly think she's building up an estelle like following. be hated to start with and then get sympathy vote. guess anything is possible and we already have a couple of tully groupies.

possibly but you're giving her way too much credit. as a student of the show she should know how annoying her sooky ways would be perceived but then again she may mistakenly think she's building up an estelle like following. be hated to start with and then get sympathy vote. guess anything is possible and we already have a couple of tully groupies.

You make a good point about the Estelle angle.

I did have to giggle last week when she - major BB fan who should know the cameras cover everywhere - was loitering in the corner outside the HH diary room to avoid the camera!

she may mistakenly think she's building up an estelle like following.

Well Tully has already galloped in the backyard.

I said to a member here that Estelle fans would love Tully. (Birds of a feather, stick together.)
crazy-8_files.gif

then twisting the knife with Drew under the guise of 'Im the only one that cares about you'.

With a weird little repressed smirk at the start, before she got her "concerned" expression on. She's one weird little piece of work. Hope she stays in a long time so I can study her. I find her fascinating. That little interaction was not what I would call nice, or nicely motivated. You don't smirk when you actually care about someone's feelings, or push the point either.

I doubt Tully is going for an Estelle-like following. I doubt she even realises how sooky she is being - she couldn't know that her whinging and crying and the housemates mentioning it makes up the majority of her airtime. There's no way she could know how she is truly being portrayed.
Surely if she's such a big fan she would have known how many people DISLIKED Estelle last year and wanted her gone the whole time - that sort of character is way too risky to intentionally replicate.

With a weird little repressed smirk at the start, before she got her "concerned" expression on. She's one weird little piece of work. Hope she stays in a long time so I can study her. I find her fascinating. That little interaction was not what I would call nice, or nicely motivated. You don't smirk when you actually care about someone's feelings, or push the point either.

There's a great still shot from tonight's show in the "She's Just Not That Into You: Drew Gets Friend-Zoned" article on the OS. It's Tully looking in the mirror in the parlour at Jade in the background when she brings up the subject of Ed. The look on her face is really creepy

Did anything interesting happen? I won't remember to watch it tomorrow.
Stoopid NBN.

I thought it was a good Daily show, Wally. We saw quite a bit of HM interaction, no manufactured Ben talking to his photos, no diary room rubbish. Although we did see Jade dress up as a princess for her birthday; and she did look very Disney pretty. Tim shoplifted some lollies (and a bag of carrots!) to take back to the half-way house. Team bimbo were as endearing as usual and Jade got kisses from all the hunks. Tully managed to look cranky most of the time.

I noted that unpleasant little smirk as well. The entire conversation was intended to serve some Tully agenda. She has got plans. I'm not broadly against HMs having plans but some HM plans I like and some I don't and it will be interesting to discover her strategy. So I also hope she stays for a while.

Back