Skip to main content

Episode Day 12 Friday Daily Show (30 mins)

That episode is closest 9 has ever got to getting The Big Brother brand right, great start, hopefully it continues. This series started from tonight for me.

it was almost like a channel 10 episode, albeit blandish version, but at least listening to real natural conversations.

Still in Canberra staying with a non BB Believer so have not been able to see the show tonight.

Thank you for all your comments tonight. I LOVE BBBA :D

What's the bet that Ben has a long heart to heart talk to his photos about the swell party.

I promise to be here, live, on Monday for the Eviction Show. SQUEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Man I hated Jo.

So did I. Especially that lamo lisp she seemed to develop whilst in the diary room. But then there were a lot of real dicks in that season. Vincent and his growl and she being the only girl he's showed his manky scar to. Oh god I used to spend more time with my face in a cushion during that season

Call me old, but I really hate the hair that Tully has. Is hers balayage? It looks woeful to me

I don't like it either - it doesn't look like balayage, it just looks like its growing out.

It's been like that since she went in. You'd think she'd get her hair fixed up before going on national tv for 3 months

Remember the days when the hm's had no idea of time or what day it was as u were meant to be totally cut off from the entire world as thats what made the show work except be told if a family member died! Now it's too much of a game show and far too predictable for example hm's know games are on a fri ect they need to mix it up more!

That episode is closest 9 has ever got to getting The Big Brother brand right, great start, hopefully it continues. This series started from tonight for me.

This year, definitely.

Despite its many problems, last year had some really good episodes. It had some abysmal episodes, but there were many good ones too.

I still think there is too much of a focus on "highschool" type story lines, though. We are in need of more live content and a more adult-oriented show that is separate from the daily show - something containing mature discussion points and content that can't be shown at 7pm. Things are still too sanitised, and there is no way around this for the adults who watch Big Brother (aka a good majority of the BB audience). They need to show highlights on at least one day of the weekend. They can air it alongside the Saturday Showdown or on GO if they must, but "Saturday Showdown" on its own does not count as Big Brother content. 90 minute eviction shows are great - one hour for house content, half an hour to evict and interview the evictee, but 60 minutes is not enough to cover Friday, Saturday and Sunday highlights. Having a weekend show would rectify this problem. Nominations take up a lot of space on Tuesday: if they are going to pre-record nominations on Tuesday mornings (which they obviously did, based on Wednesday night's show), then don't bother with the illusion that they are done during a live show, we aren't that stupid. Do what they do in the UK and incorporate nominations into the highlights show: no host, no waiting times, no problems. Doing away with all of that bullshit will give a more streamlined show, and allow for more coverage of house storylines. It's either all live or none of it is: no pretending.

Highlights of each day in the house should be aired the day after, and should cover one day in the house from morning until when the housemates go to bed. Skipping days, or starting the highlights from the night and skipping most of a day's content (aka Tuesday's show, which only showed Monday's highlights AFTER the new housemates went in, therefore skipping all of Monday) is absolutely unacceptable. At most, they can cover two days of content in the house on Mondays, but three days of content squeezed into an eviction show is absolutely unacceptable, especially when there are huge lapses of time in the narrative presented by the highlights show. "Live" updates on the website are not good enough to make up for this - all we get is a few lines of text and about a minute of video every hour or so. Absolutely under no circumstances should the valuable time of the highlights show be wasted on the bullshit seen over the past two weeks. Spontaneous housemate interactions are the prime focus of the highlights show.

Either they take showing the highlights of the house seriously, or they can restore the live feed and we'll do their job for them.

you think? I took it as purely empathetic.

I didn't -trying to push the Ed/Jade angle with the others in the kitchen and also the crowd on the deck, pushing Jade toward Ed in the parlour and pointing out that she might go on Sunday so should make a move now when Jade said it was too soon and that they needed to let the 'marriage' die, then twisting the knife with Drew under the guise of 'Im the only one that cares about you'.

Can't work out if she is jealous or just bored

I didn't -trying to push the Ed/Jade angle with the others in the kitchen and also the crowd on the deck, pushing Jade toward Ed in the parlour and pointing out that she might go on Sunday so should make a move now when Jade said it was too soon and that they needed to let the 'marriage' die, then twisting the knife with Drew under the guise of 'Im the only one that cares about you'.

Can't work out if she is jealous or just bored

I saw it like that as well. I found it really high-schooly.

Jade is like so many vacuous model types met many of these types of women before. She mentioned in one package that "women like to be dominated" which shows her dumbing down around the muscle meat heads
I agree we need more tv content of interactions. Using Go for the more adult content would be a good idea we can judge HMs better when we see more live footage of them

The offical sight has an ad for and short highlights of the showdown and n interview briefly with Shelley Craft. This time would have been better spent showing us the real reason we watch, to see the housemates, but channel 9 self promotion wins again

Back