Skip to main content

Brain Teasers.......

sci_ill_mirror.jpg

Here is a verbal puzzle, I will blank out bits, see if you can work it out and posters it applies to:)

A phenomenon on the internet that involves the inability and tendency for most people on the "net" to not comprehend when a joke or flippancy is being used in conversation and to credulously take what is said at face value.

Hyperbole, bombastic statements, sarcasm and other tools of casual language are completely lost on them. They jump on what is irrelevant to normal people.
They will obsess about typos, and any errors you may make because you just don't care - and have better things to do than write perfect posts.

They are often this dumb in real life.

Sometimes children fall victim to this mental lapse, however there is still a chance they can grow a sense of humor before drinking age.

This behavior is often used as a compulsive and lame humor device in conversation which is an "epic phail" because it makes the humorist look like a credulous cretin instead of a sharp satirist.

In actuality the idiot can't help but respond to everything they're reading or hearing and just has to make a comment, no matter how stupid.
Often because the idiot doesn't know how to socialize normally.

From Urban dictionary........

So what is the word that describes these people and how they think? And what is the internet slang for them ?

(besides dickheads, dumbarses, and annoying pests - and i have just found out it is an actual affliction, sort of/almost, it kind of explains some trolls if thought of as a disability/borderline ......something???)

Last edited:
Here is a verbal puzzle, I will blank out bits, see if you can work it out and posters it applies to:)

So what is the word that describes these people and how they think? And what is the internet slang for them ?

(besides dickheads, dumbarses, and annoying pests - and i have just found out it is an actual affliction, sort of/almost, it kind of explains some trolls if thought of as a disability/borderline ......something???)

...shitstirrers?... anyone that comes on here?... (that's a helluva minefield to tread across in naming names...I'm not THAT game to name anyone lol!)... **Sticky tries to wipe off the yellow streak on his back**... they're my guesses lol!... cheers.

A phenomenon on the internet that involves the inability and tendency for most people on the "net" to not comprehend when a joke or flippancy is being used in conversation and to credulously take what is said at face value.

Hyperbole, bombastic statements, sarcasm and other tools of casual language are completely lost on them. They jump on what is irrelevant to normal people.
They will obsess about typos, and any errors you may make because you just don't care - and have better things to do than write perfect posts.

Sometimes children fall victim to this mental lapse, however there is still a chance they can grow a sense of humor before drinking age.

This behavior is often used as a compulsive and lame humor device in conversation which is an "epic phail" because it makes the humorist look like a credulous cretin instead of a sharp satirist.

In actuality the idiot can't help but respond to everything they're reading or hearing and just has to make a comment, no matter how stupid.

Well, well, well, if it isn’t Mr Stepford trying desperately to rally his wives in order to create a pack mentality filled with hate and outrage. Let me fill in the blank, no need for the drama. In answer to your question, it is a person you don’t like, and newsflash Nelly, it is okay not to like people; in fact it is okay for you not to be able to stand the sight of them, no need for labels and afflictions, it is a personality clash, and it is okay to clash. To me what is not okay is to create an enigmatic post to manipulate a pack mentality (not that it seems to be working for you anyhoo…). Sadly real life doesn't come with a block function, but a forum does. That is how simple it is to avoid someone you don’t like, if that is what you really want. However, if you want to go all High School and form a like minded posse in order to feel confident, then carry on because you are doing a bang up job.

The ultimate irony, this sort of behaviour is the very thing you bleat outrage about when it is a Big Brother contestant who is trying desperately to manipulate others in order to create a pack mentality against anyone who threatens them or their coveted position in the house.

Thankfully I am a confident person who is not at all intimidated by any sort of pathetic manufactured pack mentality, so if it is me you have in your sights, I say bring it baby! In fact I look forward to it.

Now it's your verbal puzzle, own it and name and shame who you feel fills the blank, otherwise you are just going to look like a pathetic coward.

...Oh bugger... I've just realised that this is a spill-over from another thread... (methinks that I'll stay out of this)... good luck to both parties... have fun... cheers.

...Oh bugger... I've just realised that this is a spill-over from another thread... (methinks that I'll stay out of this)... good luck to both parties... have fun... cheers.

I love the fact you even post a picture to try and divert the crazy ladies (me included) attention and stop the retarded back and forth bickering. Like most men you will go to any lengths to stop the madness! Ha!

You are a sweet man, if you were 30 years younger and 50kg lighter I would {Edited and censored by Admin: lewd language, inappropriate conduct and blatant misuse of a feather duster and a cup of icecubes}

Hmmm. It sounds like it might be tr-something.

Is it a troll?

Hmmm. It sounds like it might be tr-something.

Is it a troll?

Oops! Sorry, [MENTION=899]kxk[/MENTION]! I made a rookie mistake and didn't read to the end. Is it a 'literal' or something like that?

Back