Skip to main content

2012 US Presidential Election

NBC & FOXNEWS has just called OBAMA WIN!!! YAYAYYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAY

Happy for Americans:)

Happy for us not having to look at Romney anymore - yeah the worlds'sexiest coolest leader wins, hope he has good luck and fortune on his side this time.

Edit
To ask , hey American posters, Gallagher etc, can you tell us why you guys have to vote on a workday?
Why is it so hard to vote, why the lines etc.

How long did you have to line up?

It all sounds insane to Aussies, our voting is compulsory and done on saturdays, and anyone ill or old or disabled or it's difficult in anyway to get there - they can do early and postal votes.
It's rather fun here, I love voting day and often work on counting and stuff.

PHEW!!!! I saw a tiny snippet of one of Romney's last speeches on ABC Breakfast yesterday and nearly lost the whole tv through rage - he was just lieing his mormon butt off!!

If Fox is calling an Obama win then he must have it. I wonder if Obama is going, 4 more years and I get a mo fo holiday

I go the the primary school 100m away from my house and vote, sometimes I may have to wait 10 minutes or something (people usually have to ewait for me because I number below the line) Sometimes I even get a sausage sizzle, the dog can come with me, I can go from 7am to 6pm or something ridiculous. It really is easy as to vote here.

PHEW!!!! I saw a tiny snippet of one of Romney's last speeches on ABC Breakfast yesterday and nearly lost the whole tv through rage - he was just lieing his mormon butt off!!

If Fox is calling an Obama win then he must have it. I wonder if Obama is going, 4 more years and I get a mo fo holiday

I go the the primary school 100m away from my house and vote, sometimes I may have to wait 10 minutes or something (people usually have to ewait for me because I number below the line) Sometimes I even get a sausage sizzle, the dog can come with me, I can go from 7am to 6pm or something ridiculous. It really is easy as to vote here.

Romney is a compulsive liar and flip flopper. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth and looking to make his buddies rich over the next 4 years.

Can you USA posters please enlighten us about your voting system, questions I put about voting delays, days, lines etc???

Please, pretty please, it's weird to us.

9 is showing great celebratory scenes in Times Square - good too see New Yorkers out and happy after what they have been through:)

The only thing that would make it weirder would be if you had your fingers dipped in ink to mark you off like in the developing countries. har har hardi har

One of the reasons I dislike Mitt so much is that they baptised his dead atheist father in-law. Charming mate just charming.

Last edited:
I have issues with Obama, however Romney was terrible. Thankfully his lies and constantly changing position didn't win him the election.

Edit
To ask , hey American posters, Gallagher etc, can you tell us why you guys have to vote on a workday?
Why is it so hard to vote, why the lines etc.

How long did you have to line up?

It all sounds insane to Aussies, our voting is compulsory and done on saturdays, and anyone ill or old or disabled or it's difficult in anyway to get there - they can do early and postal votes.
It's rather fun here, I love voting day and often work on counting and stuff.

I'm 23 and this is only my second time voting so I'm pretty ignorant to why it's done on Tuesdays, but here's an answer: http://www.whytuesday.org/answer/

There are options to vote early, and I actually went to go vote on Saturday but I probably would've had to wait for hours as it was PACKED. Couldn't even find a parking spot.
So I went early this morning before work and was in and out really fast. Filling out the ballot took longer than standing in line.

I know my Aunt and Uncle had to wait 2+ hours at their place. It just depends on the time and which polling place you're assigned to I guess.

If it's possible, tune in to Fox News. Hilarity!!

Head down to The Hilton Surfers Paradise tonight for the official President Obama / Ben from Big Brother winners party. Show your democrat wrist band for discounted tequila before 9pm!

374836-obama.jpg

I used to go to the main public school here, until I found a private school nearby with tiny queues. :)

They're just saying on the TV at the moment that Nancy Pelosi is likely to retire.

Only Virginia, Florida and Alaska (because of the timezone) which haven't been called.

Back