Skip to main content

2012 US Presidential Election

Hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I'm feeling as anxious about this as I am about Big Brother.

Seems to me their democratic processes fall way short. The attempts to disenfranchise people are appalling.

Awesome

Oh please Americans, you can't be insane right now.......you cannot let Republicans back after they got you in this unholy debt mess!

And I love seeing sexy Obama, sexiest leader ever - well Keating also had a sexy swagger, and I cried when he lost, he had such wonderful plans to reform the legal system............gone forever now.......sad.

What's his face is - Mitt, is fool, like his name:)

And you know what I find rather funny - Republicans never manage the economy, they rant & rave against BIG GOVERNMENT, then go on to spend more than democrats and allways escalate the debts.

Yeah, we're so used to having an independent electoral commission here, it seems odd how much it's controlled by state governments in the US.

I forgot to add - I cannot believe how difficult they make it to vote. They are supposed to be a leading democracy and it's fucked their system.

1. Voting on a workday, Tuesday, why??? what the hell! Imagine how annoying would that be, how impossible for many - and some states don't have any other way to vote, no early voting etc,

2. Those lines that stretch for blocks and people have to wait all day - what? That's 3rd world bullshit.

3. They don't seem to have much to stop people voting more than once and other weirdo schemes and shit.

4. Hurricane victims can vote by email or fax - most of them don't have electricity!

It's ridiculous isn't it!

If anyone is interested, 9 is doing a 3 hour coverage right now.....predicting close but Obama win

Ooo 9 just pointed out, the ballot is heaps more complex than ours too, can take up to 45mins to fillit out!

It's days like today where I wish I had broadcasted TV.

I'm on the edge of my seat watching Ohio be counted.

John Stewart said it best when he said "Ahh election day, the day Ohio goes to vote to decide who our president is", so democratic.

I forgot to add - I cannot believe how difficult they make it to vote. They are supposed to be a leading democracy and it's fucked their system.

1. Voting on a workday, Tuesday, why??? what the hell! Imagine how annoying would that be, how impossible for many - and some states don't have any other way to vote, no early voting etc,

2. Those lines that stretch for blocks and people have to wait all day - what? That's 3rd world bullshit.

3. They don't seem to have much to stop people voting more than once and other weirdo schemes and shit.

4. Hurricane victims can vote by email or fax - most of them don't have electricity!

Yeah it's very odd. It's over complicating a simple process in a way that is likely to lead to problems.

With the lines, that's caused because the way voting machines are distributed isn't even, fair, population based on anything. Often republicans put small amounts in poor neighborhoods to discourage voting. So they have to wait for hours. Where as in a neighboring white neighborhood there's an over supply so people don't have to wait.

Also for a country that likes to claim to be a beacon of democracy, it seems that at least one side tries to do everything they can to make it undemocratic. Like those stupid ID laws.

Although here howard also did stupid stuff. Like trying to make it that you couldn't register to vote the day an election is called, because it then disenfranchises first time and student voters.

Obama saved Ohio's car industry, Rudd just pointed out

Also Romney made up companies like Crystler were moving the Jeep factories to China. Where Crystler themselves had to come out and say it was bullshit.

People aren't as stupid as the republicans like to think. I wonder if they went too far with the lies.

Obama ahead in Florida; Romney HAS to win Florida and Virginia or it's hopeless for him :)

Back