Skip to main content

Why doesn't anyone like Sam?

He seems an honest straight forward guy...but as your aware the bb landscape is very tribal and Sam is maintaining a sort of neutral invisibility..

Not sure dislike is the right word, more.. indifference. There are two questions over him:

- has he gone against the crowd and stood up for any of the so-called outsiders, i.e. earnt our respect

- has he shown wittiness or quirky humour, i.e. is he a bit dull

He is only 21, so he's a work in progress, the BB experience will be good for him.

Didn't like either of the intruders this year. Brought in for their 'good looks' and that's it. I personally don't see what is so good looking about Sam. The abs, yes... But I can also see those in the weights room at my gym. His personality is missing and everyone in the house does the cooking and cleaning. They survived before he came in didn't they?

And has anyone found out the real reason behind his scar?

He's OK, hasn't done anything creepy yet.

I think he suffers from a problem a friend of my nephew's has, he's only 18 but so tall and manly that people just forget his age and expect too much maturity from him.

Now there only 3 males left, I reckon BB will be trying to hang onto Sam for a while, so will Michael & Ben

Last edited:
...hmmm... I don't normally sway into offering an opinion on housemates when people ask this question but I find Sam to be quite a nasty piece of work in my honest opinion... and before people get upset with me for saying so I'll explain why I think that he is...

...if you remember that when he first went into the house he had photos of all the females in the house and stated on camera that he fancied Estelle the most after meeting all of the girls individually during the intimate dinners while they met him... when he had met them and finally went into the house he went out of his way to endear himself to all of the ladies of the house (Ben excluded) and won them over with his endless compliments of all the girls... he realised quite quickly that Layla was the 'princess' of the house and was the most popular with the guys and girls alike... he latched onto her really fast...

... a lot of women love the idea of a man that likes to clean up and do housework... (my wife included... I've done it for 2 years now since before and after an operation or two that she required)... Sam went out of his way to endear himself even further by doing these things knowing that they would all lap it up...

...he showed the girls his physical prowess by doing all of his (ho hum... boring) workouts and chin-ups and push-ups etc etc... that won them over even more of course... once he had won the girls over he then tried to win the guys over by 'buddying up' to them but they all very quickly found him extremely boring when it comes to conversation... consequently the guys began voting against him... when he realised this he tried even harder to buddy up to them once again... same result...

...I'm not trying to put a damper on poor Josh's tragic circumstances in the past day or so but I saw a side of Sam on tonight's Big Brother show that prompted me to actually write this tonight... I saw the footage of him sucking up to Ben in telling him that he 'looks up to him' and also 'sees that people listen to him because he is so wise' type of statements to win Ben over... Ben's ego swallowed that up within a mere minute or so... now he has won Ben over... he deliberately used the housemates grieving period to further his cause as far as I'm concerned...

...as much as I hate to suggest it... but I think that Josh's leaving the house is a bonus to him in his eyes... it moves his agenda to win this competition a week sooner in his mind... he doesn't have to contend with both Josh and Michael now... just Michael... there's only Michael now left to win over... he doesn't need to... he's more than likely got the numbers now to win a lasting position within the house and could probably go on to win this if he manages to bring Michael into disrepute somehow with the female housemates... it's just a scenario that I'm putting up but who's to say that is not his game-plan...

...in my honest opinion... I think Sam wants to win the $250,000 at all costs... no matter what it takes... he has categorically stated on several occasions to Big Brother in the Diary Room that he is there to win it... he really does mean it... I think that he is not a particularly nice person at all for those reasons above...

...I'm probably going to cop a lot of flak for saying this but you did ask... please be nice peoples... it's just my opinion... sorry this turned into a short novel... cheers.

I disagree with you totally about the using the situation to his advantage. I think that the whole situation got all of the housemates thinking about things and Sam decided to open up to Ben, rather than holding back and playing silly games. I was particularly touched about how Sam behaved when Josh came back into the house, you could tell he genuinely cared for him and was trying to prop him up and support him. Some people are so pessimistic and love to think the worst of people. You need more optimism in your life....

Well behaved & good mannered doesnt get Channel 9's attention.

In 2005 I commented that the logans seemed withdrawn, it took 5 weeks for them to calm down & be themselves, they said one of their friends was killed in an accident before the show started. Maybe we will see more of real Sam this week??.

I like Sam alot more than the other males in the house.

Same here.

Sam hasn't done anything I disliked so far. The others HMs have. For a 21 yrs old intruder he is doing very well.

He is clean and respectful, and good looking :):eek: so yes I do like him in the house above the others.

Sam is the only male left in the house now Josh is gone. Ben and Michael are just two vaginally challenged girls ;)

Sam might not be the most entertaining housemate, but he's got 500% more personality than George,

Coz he's as boring as bat shit, that's why.

He's a gentleman, he's sexy, he contributes to the housework and the cooking, he actually likes Layla and is kind and respectful with her and he also walks around in his jocks all the time. So why no Sam loving?

TELL ME WHY!!!!

I don't like his OTT fake laugh when people (Stacey in particular) do something that is really not funny. I think he'd be more popular if he told those in the so called 'cool group' what they really needed to hear & shattered their precious egos. He is playing it way too safe.

I haven't seen anything much to dislike about Sam BUT the things that he does that would be endearing in another person I just don't feel are real or sincere with him. Honorably he has actually been vocal to BB (and the public) about his intention to win, but I can't work out how far he has gone with that.
I feel like he is being textbook boyfriend/friend/under the radar and that we haven't seen the real Sam. He reminds me of a guy who you meet in a pub and is chatting you up using steps from a how to pick up women book.... Smooth.... But totally vanilla.

He seems decent enough, but he's definitely a player. On the outside he would probably cheat on Layla then say he thought their relationship was 'cool' and 'relaxed' about that sort of thing. Well, that's the impression I got.

He's 21 and living on the Gold Coast for the lifestyle.

He's already said he doesn't get tied down.

I don't see anything wrong with the above, he's being honest.

I would prefer to see one of the other boys win over him though, they've both played the game much better.

I really don't like Ben, but he's also been honest about how he is (a bitch) and he's successfully manipulated many of the other house mates better than anyone else.

I'd like Michael to win so when I stalk him and make this love a mutual thing we'll be able to spend the cash together.

...hmmm... I don't normally sway into offering an opinion on housemates when people ask this question but I find Sam to be quite a nasty piece of work in my honest opinion... and before people get upset with me for saying so I'll explain why I think that he is...

You're spot on. He's a typical player.

Says exactly what he knows everyone wants to hear. Instantly dismisses or negates any comments that people make that try and catch him out or go against him.

Also relies on his body to help charm girls as well as saying what they want to hear.

And has anyone found out the real reason behind his scar?

Has some rare condition where (his skull?) keeps growing. Needs operations to remove excess skin every so often and was told he was due for another operation soon.

Back